PressClub Belux · Article.
De nieuwe BMW M8 Gran Coupé en BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupé.
Twee hoogperformante vierdeurs sportwagens staan op het punt om het modellenaanbod van BMW M GmbH in het luxesegment te vervoegen.
send an e-mail
- BMW M GmbH enters the next phase of its model offensive in the
luxury segment with a brace of four-door high-performance sports cars:
BMW M8 Gran Coupe Output: 441 kW/600 hp, max. torque:
750 Nm (553 lb-ft); fuel consumption combined: 10.7 – 10.5 l/100 km (26.4 – 26.9 mpg imp); CO2 emissions combined: 244 – 240 g/km.
BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe Output: 460 kW/625 hp, max. torque: 750 Nm (553 lb-ft); fuel consumption combined:
10.7 – 10.5 l/100 km (26.4 – 26.9 mpg imp); CO2 emissions combined: 244 – 240 g/km.
- Customary M-car power delivery: high-revving 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology develops up to 460 kW/625 hp. Cooling and oil supply systems designed for track use. Sports exhaust system with electronically controlled flaps delivers stirring engine soundtrack.
- Masterful power transfer courtesy of eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic and M xDrive all-wheel-drive system linked with the Active M Differential. Choice of three modes: 4WD, 4WD Sport and 2WD with pure rear-wheel drive and deactivated driving stability control.
- Standout performance: 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.3 seconds (BMW M8 Gran Coupe) / 3.2 seconds (BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe).
- Authentic sports car character the result of development alongside the two-door variants of the new BMW M8 and the BMW M8 GTE endurance racer. Intensive setup work at the Miramas and Arjeplog test centres with fine-tuning at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife circuit and other race tracks produces time-honoured M combination of dynamic sharpness, agility and precision.
- World premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2019, market introduction from April 2020; BMW M8 Gran Coupe First Edition offered as exclusive launch model.
- Distinctive, extravagant, luxurious sports car with prominent high-performance attributes. Intense performance-car experience delivered to occupants in each of the four full-size seats. Impressive ease of ingress and egress, generous legroom and third rear seat available for use over short distances.
- Standalone body design with M-specific features: wheelbase 200 millimetres longer than two-door BMW M8 models, dynamically flowing roofline, large air intakes, BMW kidney grille with double bars, M gills on the side panels, rear spoiler and rear apron with diffuser elements and twin exhaust tailpipes.
- Weight of body and chassis construction minimised, rigidity optimised; carbon-fibre roof, low centre of gravity, wide tracks, precisely tuned aerodynamic balance.
- M-specific chassis with electronically controlled dampers, M Servotronic steering. DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) including M Dynamic Mode.
- Integrated braking system with optimised dynamics and M-specific configurability. Two settings for pedal feel: comfort focussed or even more direct.
- New Setup button gives direct access to the settings for the engine, dampers, steering, M xDrive and braking system. Two driver-composed overall setup options can be selected via M buttons on the steering wheel.
- New M Mode for individual configuration of driver assistance system interventions and instrument cluster / Head-Up Display screens. BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe drivers can select from ROAD, SPORT and TRACK settings.
- Exclusive standard equipment includes BMW Laserlight, M sports seats, M-specific BMW Head-Up Display, BMW Live Cockpit Professional with navigation system and BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, Driving Assistant and Parking Assistant.
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW M8 Gran Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe - highlights PDF, EN, 1,07 MB
The new BMW M8 Gran Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe - short press release PDF, EN, 398,55 KB
The new BMW M8 Gran Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe - long press release PDF, EN, 459,7 KB
The new BMW M8 Gran Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe - specifications PDF, EN, 204,02 KB