PressClub Canada · Article.
Celebrate the nation’s birthday with Team Canada send-off at Woodbine Beach.
Wed Jun 29 18:19:00 CEST 2016 Press Release
Canadian Olympic Team partner BMW Group Canada helps athletes gear up for gold.
send an e-mail
Richmond Hill, ON. This Canada Day at Woodbine Beach, BMW Group Canada will join thousands of Torontonians for a celebratory send-off to wish Team Canada athletes and hopefuls good luck at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
The free event includes performances by Canadian music acts Sloan and Scott Helman, activities hosted by Canadian Olympic Team partners such as BMW Group Canada, and the chance to see more than a dozen Olympians.
Friday, July 1st, 2016:
3:00pm: Olympic Team Partner activities begin.
4:00pm: Official event welcome.
4:30pm: Red carpet arrivals (athletes).
7:15pm: Athlete interviews on stage.
8:20pm: Athlete interviews on stage.
More than a dozen Team Canada athletes and hopefuls:
1. Javier Acevedo, Rio 2016 athlete, Swimming
2. Shawnacy Barber, Rio 2016 hopeful, Athletics
3. Khamica Bingham, Rio 2016 hopeful, Athletics
4. Arthur Biyarslanov, Rio 2016 hopeful, Boxing
5. Bismark Boateng, Rio 2016 hopeful, Athletics
6. Maxime Brinck-Croteau, Rio 2016 athlete, Fencing
7. Mandy Bujold, Rio 2016 hopeful, Boxing
8. Isabelle Charest, Team Canada Rio 2016 Assistant Chef de Mission
9. Michelle Fazzari, Rio 2016 athlete, Wrestling
10. Jillian Gallays, Rio 2016 athlete, Wrestling
11. Eleanor Harvey, Rio 2016 athlete, Fencing
12. Carol Huynh, Team Canada Rio 2016 Assistant Chef de Mission
13. Scott Morgan, Rio 2016 hopeful, Gymnastics
14. Joseph Polossifakis, Rio 2016 athlete, Fencing
BMW Group in Canada
BMW Group Canada, based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BMW AG and is responsible for the distribution of BMW luxury performance automobiles, Sports Activity Vehicles, Motorcycles, and MINI. BMW Group Financial Services Canada is a division of BMW Group Canada and offers retail financing and leasing programs and protection products on new and pre-owned BMW and MINI automobiles, as well as retail financing for new and pre-owned BMW Motorcycles. A total network of 47 BMW automobile retail centres, 20 BMW motorcycle retailers, and 30 MINI retailers represents the BMW Group across the country.
For interviews or additional information, please contact:
Manager, Corporate Communications
BMW Group Canada
416-305-1709 / email@example.com