PressClub Canada · Article.
2017 Baja Poland – Round 9, FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup.
Thu Aug 31 17:01:58 CEST 2017 Press Release
• Three MINI crews set to contest 2017 Baja Poland. • Jakub Przygonski driving a MINI John Cooper Works Rally to compete in front of his Polish compatriots. • Polish rally ace Krzysztof Holowczyc returns to race with MINI at Baja Poland – an event he has won five times in his former racing career. • Vladimir Valisyev to challenge for Baja Poland with co-driver and fellow Russian Konstantin Zhiltsov.
send an e-mail
2017 Baja Poland
31 August 2017
2017 Baja Poland – Round 9, FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup .
- Three MINI crews set to contest 2017 Baja Poland.
- Jakub Przygonski driving a MINI John Cooper Works Rally to compete in front of his Polish compatriots.
- Polish rally ace Krzysztof Holowczyc returns to race with MINI at Baja Poland – an event he has won five times in his former racing career.
- Vladimir Valisyev to challenge for Baja Poland with co-driver and fellow Russian Konstantin Zhiltsov.
Munich. Poland’s fans of cross-country rally will have a double-helping of Polish racing stars contesting Baja Poland as part of the MINI Family. Growing rally star Jakub Przygonski (POL) – currently second in the FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup – and fellow countryman Krzysztof Holowczyc, who retired from the international rally stage in 2015, will be in the driving seats of MINI John Cooper Works Rally cars.
Jakub Przygonski and co-driver Tom Colsoul (BEL) will not only be driving all out to take the win in the #102 MINI John Cooper Works Rally, but also taking time to meet the crowds who go a long way to make Baja Poland an incredible mix of action and fun. There will also be a great deal of charged emotions from fans and spectators with the return of Krzysztof Holowczyc, the former international cross-country rally star who now only competes at Baja Poland, his home race, since his retirement from fulltime rally duty.
Holowczyc has always said Baja Poland holds a special place in his heart and would dearly love to take a glorious sixth win at this event. Together with compatriot Lukasz Kurzeja as co-driver, Holowczyc in a X-raid Team MINI John Cooper Works Rally (#105) could surprise everyone as he did last year when he completed 2016 Baja Poland in second place; only a puncture on the last day robbed him of a certain win.
Joining the two Polish drivers for Baja Poland is the experienced Russian duo of Vladimir Valisyev and Konstantin Zhiltsov in a MINI ALL4 Racing (#107) under the banner of G-Energy Team.
Baja Poland is the ninth round of the 2017 FIA Cross Country World Cup with the action taking place over three days (1-3rd September). The event’s main staging area will be located in Szczecin, with designated stages taking place in and around Dobra and Lubieszyn as well as the military zone in Drawsko Pomorskie. A Super Special Stage takes place on Friday (1-9-2017) evening to acquire starting positions for the top ten drivers in the next day’s leg. A total of 840.25km will be covered over three days, of which 496.66km consist of Special Stages – the racing spectacle!
For more information about 2017 Baja Poland, please visit the hosting Baja’s home page here.
2017 Baja Poland: MINI line-up
MINI John Cooper Works Rally
MINI John Cooper Works Rally
MINI ALL4 Racing