PressClub Canada · Article.
BMW Group to unveil seven exciting models at the Montreal International Auto Show.
09.01.2020 Press Kit
Product offensive continues, with major unveilings for both BMW and MINI brands.
send an e-mail
Richmond Hill, ON. In keeping with STRATEGY NUMBER ONE > NEXT, BMW Group’s strategy to future proof the company, the German automaker will highlight its ever-expanding product portfolio by unveiling seven new models at the Montreal International Auto Show. With a focus on motoring performance, electrification and luxury, the BMW Group will showcase how its vehicles are ready to meet the needs of Canadians today and why there has never been a better time to be a BMW Group customer.
WHAT: From utility and performance, to luxury and electrification, BMW Group has a wide array of models enjoying their North American and Canadian premieres in Montreal.
- BMW is pleased to introduce the all-new, compact 2 Series Gran Coupé, offering an extroverted, performance-oriented entry point into BMW ownership. The low, wide and sporting 228i xDrive Gran Coupé and M235i xDrive Gran Coupé models deliver styling and design, everyday usability and space, agility and handling, and connectivity and technology combined with the latest driver assistance and safety systems that BMW customers have come to expect.
- BMW M GmbH is also launching an exclusive and limited-run, special-edition model – with an eye-catchingly sporting appearance – in the premium compact class, the BMW M2 CS. The next step in the evolution of the BMW M2, this new, high-performance coupe blends racetrack optimization with everyday usability to create the most-capable version of M’s smallest model.
- The newest addition to the M8 family, the BMW M8 Gran Coupé, rides on a chassis and body which is 231 mm longer, 35.5 mm wider, and 73.6 mm taller with a wheelbase increased by 200 mm. This adds extra stability, comfort and rear interior space without affecting agility, and allows drivers to share uncompromised luxury and near-supercar levels of performance with family and friends.
- The unique combination of intelligent all-wheel drive BMW xDrive and cutting-edge BMW eDrive technology makes for sustainable driving pleasure in yet another BMW model, the new BMW X3 xDrive30e. The popular Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) now features a plug-in hybrid drive and power transmission to all four wheels, offering exciting versatility and a purely electric driving experience, as well as outstandingly low fuel consumption and emissions.
- BMW M GmbH is set to introduce the new, third generation of its exclusive, track-capable BMW X5 M Sports Activity Vehicle. The newest iteration of the M SAV offers more power and performance and improved luxury and comfort over the previous generation, while also featuring the latest in driver assistance, personal connectivity and infotainment.
- Urban mobility with purely electric drive can now be experienced in hallmark MINI style. The new MINI Cooper SE 3 Door makes this possible. It combines sustainable mobility with the riding fun, expressive design and premium quality that are typical of MINI. As such, the first 100 per cent electrically-powered model of the brand offers pure MINI feeling with locally emissions-free driving.
- With its individual design and equipment features, the new MINI Convertible Sidewalk offers ideal conditions for making an extroverted appearance in urban traffic. The innovative and precisely coordinated colour and material concept of the new edition model sets fresh highlights for individual style and spontaneous joie de vivre.
Interviews and individual product walk-arounds are available for booking. Please contact BMW at the email address provided below.
WHERE: 2020 Montreal International Auto Show
Palais des Congrès de Montréal, Viger Hall
201, Viger Street West
WHEN: 1:40 PM, January 16th, 2020
WHO: Matthew Wilson, national product planning manager, BMW Canada
Deb Roushorne, product planning manager, MINI Canada
BMW Group in Canada
BMW Group Canada, based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BMW AG and is responsible for the distribution of BMW luxury performance automobiles, Sports Activity Vehicles, Motorcycles, and MINI. BMW Group Financial Services Canada is a division of BMW Group Canada and offers retail financing and leasing programs and protection products on new and pre-owned BMW and MINI automobiles, as well as retail financing for new and pre-owned BMW Motorcycles. A total network of 51 BMW automobile retail centres, 21 BMW motorcycle retailers, and 30 MINI retailers represents the BMW Group across the country.
For more information or to RSVP, please contact:
Article Offline Attachments.
BMW Group to unveil seven exciting models at the Montreal International Auto Show. PDF, EN, 138.74 KB