PressClub France · Article.
BMW au Mondial de l'Automobile de Paris 2018.
02.10.2018 Dossier de presse
Les dernières nouveautés BMW présentées au public du 4 au 14 octobre 2018 à Paris à l’occasion du Mondial de l’Automobile (Hall 5.2).
send an e-mail
- World premiere for the new BMW 3 Series Sedan: New edition of the model epitomising driving pleasure in a premium midsize car; seventh generation of the brand’s most successful model range brings a clear, focused use of form to the exterior and has a modern, sophisticated interior design; extensively upgraded powertrain and chassis technology, high level of body rigidity and optional M Sport differential optimise agility, precision and dynamics; new damper technology enhances the balance between sports performance and ride comfort characteristic of the 3 Series; new driver assistance systems smooth the path towards automated driving; intuitive operation and digital connectivity elevated to the highest level by BMW Operating System 7.0 and the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, which will be presented for the first time in Paris.
- Show premiere for the new BMW Z4: New interpretation of the classical roadster concept; emotion-packed body design, electrically powered soft-top roof and driver-focused interior design exude pure sporting pedigree; three variants, including a BMW M Performance model – the BMW Z4 M40i (fuel consumption combined: 7.4 – 7.1 l/100 km [38.2 – 39.8 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 168 – 162 g/km) with six-cylinder in-line engine producing 250 kW/340 hp; new chassis construction; extremely stiff body structure; wide tracks, compact wheelbase and minimised weight increase agility; central seating position heightens richly engaging driving experience; BMW Operating System 7.0 with 10.25-inch colour screens for both the instrument cluster and Control Display.
- Show premiere for the new BMW 8 Series Coupe: Exclusive sports car launches model offensive in the luxury segment; new design language creates sporting aesthetic with clear surface structure and precise lines; luxurious interior also geared towards serving up a dynamic driving experience; advanced control & display, driver assistance and connectivity features; powertrain and chassis technology developed using motor sport expertise; outstanding rigidity of body and chassis mountings delivers unbeatable agility; new V8 petrol engine with 390 kW/530 hp powers the BMW M850i xDrive Coupe (fuel consumption combined: 10.5 – 10.0 l/100 km [26.9 – 28.3 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 240 – 228 g/km).
- World premiere for the new BMW X5: Fourth generation of the successful Sports Activity Vehicle and founder member of the BMW X model family; new design language accentuates the exterior’s presence, authority and robustness; spacious, luxuriously appointed interior with versatile usability and up to seven seats; upgraded powertrain portfolio, new chassis systems and Off-Road package (available for the first time) ensure sporty handling characteristics on the road and assured performance on loose ground; innovative driver assistance systems increase comfort and safety; BMW Live Cockpit Professional with BMW Operating System 7.0 comes as standard.
- World premiere for the new BMW i3 (120 Ah) and new BMW i3s (120 Ah): Sporty, efficient and practical electric mobility in the premium segment gets another boost; latest-generation lithium-ion highvoltage batteries increase the range of the BMW i3 (fuel consumption combined: 0.0 l/100 km; electric power consumption combined: 13.1 – 13.0 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 0 g/km) and BMW i3s (fuel consumption combined: 0.0 l/100 km; electric power consumption combined: 14.6 – 14.0 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 0 g/km). BMW i3 and BMW i3s offer further improved balance between range and environment-friendliness, plus a driving experience defined by the brand’s signature sporting ability and intelligent connectivity; optional Sport package for the BMW i3; other items of optional equipment also available.
- World premiere for the new BMW M5 Competition: Most powerful and sportiest variant of the new high-performance sedan from BMW M GmbH; V8 engine fitted in the BMW M5 Competition (fuel consumption combined: 10.8 – 10.7 l/100 km [26.2 – 26.4 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 246 – 243 g/km) raises output by 19 kW/25 hp to 460 kW/625 hp; optimised responses and special chassis set-up provide stand-out performance; acceleration from 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.3 seconds; bespoke engine mounting; model-specific M Sport exhaust system; 20-inch M light-alloy wheels; exclusive design features.
The fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption figures were determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version applicable. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany. The range shown considers the different sizes of the selected wheels/tyres and the selected items of optional equipment, and may vary during configuration. The values are already based on the new WLTP test cycle and are translated back into NEDC-equivalent values in order to ensure comparability between the vehicles. With respect to these vehicles, for vehicle-related taxes or other duties based (at least inter alia) on CO2 emissions, the CO2 values may differ from the values stated here (depending on national legislation).
Further information on official fuel consumption figures and specific CO2 emission values of new passenger cars is included in the following guideline: 'Leitfaden über den Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen' (Guide to the fuel economy, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption of new passenger cars), which can be obtained free of charge from all dealerships, from Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH (DAT), Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern
Article Offline Attachments.
Mondial de l'Automobile de Paris - highlights. PDF, EN, 100,82 KB
Mondial de l'Automobile de Paris - Résumé. PDF, EN, 128,16 KB