PressClub Global · Article.
The new BMW X3
Thu Jul 15 00:00:00 CEST 2010 Press Kit
The new BMW X3 is the successor to a top seller and will add a new dimension to the pleasure of driving a Sports Activity Vehicle of this class. More significantly than ever, it establishes benchmarks in agility and efficiency, whilst at the same time convincing through noticeably increased driving comfort. The design of the new BMW X3 combines the typical BMW X character with a dynamically stretched silhouette. Thanks to a generous amount of space and a high degree of variability in the interior, it is possible to adapt travel comfort as well as transportation capacities to suit each personal requirement. Four-wheel drive technology BMW xDrive not only optimises traction, but has also been specifically harmonised to ensure enhanced driving dynamics. The new BMW X3 offers state-of-the-art qualities with uncompromising diversity, combining both driving pleasure and efficiency with comfort and functionality, durability and elegance.
send an e-mail
This article in other PressClubsShow all
• Second generation of the Sports Activity Vehicle with significantly increased space, optimised functionality and enhanced driving comfort.
• Strengthening of leading position in terms of agility and efficiency through new engines, eight-speed automatic transmission, innovative suspension technology and BMW EfficientDynamics.
• Two engine variants at time of market launch: BMW
with four-cylinder diesel engine (135 kW/184 bhp) and BMW X3 xDrive35i
with straight six-cylinder petrol engine (225 kW/306 bhp).
• Auto Start Stop function featured for the first time in
six-cylinder engine and eight-speed automatic transmission.
• Four-wheel drive technology BMW xDrive harmonised for optimised driving dynamics featured as standard, Performance Control optional.
• Newly conceived suspension technology, electric power steering featured for the first time in a BMW X model, variable sports steering optional.
• First BMW X model with optional Damper Control and Dynamic Drive Control.
• Highest degree of interior variability thanks to folding and 40 : 20 : 40-split rear seat backrests, maximum luggage compartment volume: 1,600 litres.
• Range of BMW ConnectedDrive options unique in the
Head-up Display, Internet access, reversing camera with Top View.
• Engine variants:
BMW X3 xDrive20d: Straight four-cylinder diesel engine with aluminium crankcase, turbocharger and Common Rail direct injection,
displacement: 1,995 cc, power output: 135 kW/184 bhp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 380 Nm at 1,750 – 2,750 rpm,
acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 8.5 seconds,
top speed: 210 km/h,
average fuel consumption according to EU: 5.6 litres/100 km,
CO2 emission according to EU: 149 g/km,
exhaust emission standard: EU5.
BMW X3 xDrive35i: Straight six-cylinder petrol engine with
BMW TwinPower Turbo, direct injection and VALVETRONIC,
displacement: 2,979 cc, power output: 225 kW/306 bhp at 5,800 rpm,
max. torque: 400 Nm at 1,300 rpm,
acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 5.7 seconds,
top speed: 245 km/h,
average fuel consumption according to EU: 8.8 litres/100 km,
CO2 emission according to EU: 204 g/km,
exhaust emission standard: EU5.