PressClub India · Article.
The all-new MINI Convertible - Product Press Kit
Thu Apr 28 08:59:00 CEST 2016 Press Kit
New edition of the first and still the only premium convertible in the small car segment; change of generation in the model range of the tradition-steeped British brand is continued with the all-new MINI Convertible; open-top driving fun on four seats combined with optimised qualities in terms of sportiness, efficiency, comfort, functionality, safety, connectivity and quality of both materials and workmanship.
send an e-mail
Unmistakable exterior design; precise balance between top-class elegance and sporty flair; characteristic proportions with powerfully sculpted surfaces and a dynamically elongated silhouette; up-to-date interpretation of classic MINI design features: circular headlamps and rear lights with chrome surrounds, hexagonal radiator grille, black peripheral body surround, side turn indicator elements; large selection of body finishes.
• High-quality textile soft top with fully automatic opening and closing mechanism as well as sliding roof function; new drive, fully electric and therefore very quiet for the first time; also available as MINI Yours soft top with unique woven Union Jack graphic; opening and closing of the soft top and side windows in 18 seconds, also possible during travel at speeds of up to 30 km/h; invisibly integrated rollover protection which extends automatically when required as a convertible-specific component of the integrated MINI safety concept.
• Increased dimensions of the all-new MINI Convertible as compared to predecessor model by 98 millimetres in length, 44 millimetres in width; longer wheelbase (+ 28 millimetres); larger track width (+ 42 millimetres at the front, + 34 millimetres at the rear); optimised space comfort on all four seats; new front seats with larger adjustment range; more comfortable entry and longer seat surface for rear passengers; also more clearly emphasised single-seat character with optimised lateral support at the rear; luggage volume expanded by approx. 25 per cent to 215 litres with closed top and 160 litres with open top; standard trim includes rear backrest with split fold, enlarged through-loading facility and Easy Load function.
• Characteristic interior design with horizontally structured cockpit, circular or elliptical contours for displays, air vents and door trim elements as well as high-quality colour and material combinations; display and operating concept including instrument panel on the steering column, central instrument with new functions, optional LED lighting display and red start/stop button at the centre of the toggle switch bar in the lower section of the centre console.
Power transmission to the front wheels; 6-speed Automatic Steptronic Transmission as standard; 6-speed Steptronic sports transmission with shift paddles at the steering wheel available as additional option; extensive range of MINIMALISM technology as standard; optional MINI Driving Modes including GREEN mode for a pronounced sporty style or efficiency-optimised driving.
• Typical MINI go-kart feeling due to suspension technology with model-specific set-up combined with wide track and long wheelbase; single-joint strut front axle and multilink rear axle with increased stiffness and reduced weight; speed-related Servotronic steering support and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC) as standard; equipped as standard with 16-inch light alloy wheels and light alloy wheels in 17 inches as an option. Dynamic Damper Control is optionally available.
• Highly rigid body structure with model-specific bracing elements for an agile driving response with maximum occupant protection; complete set of standard safety features with front airbags, head-thorax airbags integrated in the backrests, 3-point automatic belts on all seats, ISOFIX child seat mountings for the passenger seat and at the rear, and partially active engine compartment lid for optimum pedestrian protection; needs-based control of the restraint systems and rollover protection by means of centralised safety electronics.
• High-quality standard features including automatic soft top activation, central locking, Radio MINI Boost with USB and AUX-IN socket, Park Distance Control and air conditioning; customisation with a large selection of exterior mirror graphics, bonnet stripes, seat upholsteries, interior surfaces and Colour Lines as well as MINI Yours.
• Innovative features available for the MINI Convertible for the first time: LED headlamps with LED daytime driving light and LED rear lights as standard; adaptive light distribution and LED turning light; LED fog lamp; lighting package with LED interior and ambient lighting; MINI Head-Up Display, Parking Assistant, Driving Assistant with camera-based active cruise control, collision and pedestrian warning with initial brake function, high beam assistant and road sign detection; rear view camera; Intelligent Emergency Call.
• Additional options to enhance driving fun, comfort and individual style include 2-zone automatic air conditioning with convertible mode, Comfort Access, Always Open Timer with new display content, new wind deflector with reduced weight and simplified mounting, rain sensor with automatic driving lights control, MINI Excitement Package including MINI logo projection from the exterior mirror onto the area in front of the door on the driver's side. Radio MINI Visual Boost, MINI navigation system and Wired equipment package including navigation system Professional with MINI Touch Controller and Bluetooth mobile phone preparation.
Engine variants: MINI Cooper S Convertible: 4-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbo charging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control), capacity: 1 998 cc, output: 141 kW/192 hp at 5000 - 6500 rpm, max. torque: 280 Nm at 1250 – 4000 rpm. acceleration (0–100 km/h): 7.1 seconds top speed: 233 km/h Fuel Economy* : 14.59 km/l CO2 Emission* : 163 g/km
* Performance data as measured in the emission test done under controlled conditions of environment, driving cycle, fuel, etc. as specified in Rule 115 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989.
Exterior dimensions: Length: 3821 millimetres Width: 1727 millimetres Height: 1415 millimetres Wheelbase: 2495 millimetres