PressClub India · Article.
Press Kit - The all-new MINI Countryman
Thu May 03 11:01:00 CEST 2018 Press Kit
• The all-new MINI Countryman is available in three variants: two petrol variants - MINI Countryman Cooper S and MINI Countryman Cooper S JCW Inspired as well as one diesel variant - MINI Countryman Cooper SD.
send an e-mail
The all-new MINI Countryman.
- The all-new MINI Countryman is available in three variants: two petrol variants - MINI Countryman Cooper S and MINI Countryman Cooper S JCW Inspired as well as one diesel variant - MINI Countryman Cooper SD.
- The all-new MINI Countryman is available in five colours: Island Blue, Light White, Chilli Red, Melting Silver and Thunder Grey plus British Racing Green exclusively for the MINI Countryman Cooper S JCW Inspired.
- The all-new MINI Countryman is available with Leatherette Carbon Black as standard upholstery and Leather Cross Punch Carbon Black for the all-new MINI Countryman Cooper S JCW Inspired.
- The MINI Countryman Cooper S JCW Inspired is equipped with John Cooper Works aerodynamic kit, rear roof spoiler and impressive 18-inch JCW thrill spoke alloy wheels. John Cooper Works influence continues in the illuminated cockpit with the JCW sports leather steering wheel. The car is equipped with premium features such as the ‘Leather Cross Punch’ Sport Seats, Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi Speaker System, MINI Find Mate and the MINI Wired Package. The MINI Wired Package includes Navigation System Professional and MINI Connected XL 8.8” screen with Touch Controller and Bluetooth mobile connectivity.
- Exterior of the all-new MINI Countryman goes even further in versatility, agility and premium character. Its powerful proportions lend a particularly distinctive presence that combine iconic MINI design language with enhanced functionality.
- The all-new MINI Countryman is the roomiest and the most spacious MINI yet, extending 20 centimetres longer and 3 centimetres wider than its predecessor. This increased space allows five adults to sit comfortably with ample luggage space, making the all-new MINI Countryman a perfect companion for long journeys.
- The interior blends modern aesthetics and refined craftsmanship with practical functionality. The typical MINI cockpit impresses with its clear horizontal structure, stretched lines and generously sized surfaces. The iconic circular central instrument panel is surrounded by an LED ring offering a brilliant colour display in 6.5-inch or 8.8-inch touchscreen. The intuitive use is complemented by the controller on the middle console for easy operation of multimedia, phone and car functions.
- The electric seat adjustment with memory function now offers enhanced head and shoulder space for both the driver and front passenger. The three full-fledged seats at the rear make for ample and comfortable seating for rear passengers.
- Using the cargo function, boot capacity can be increased from 450 litres to 1,309 litres by folding down the rear backrest with its 40:20:40 split. Park your all-new MINI Countryman at a scenic space and enjoy the view with the unique Picnic Bench that folds out of the luggage compartment to provide seating space for two while protecting your clothing with a fender dirt protection flap.
- Automatic Tailgate combined with Comfort Access System allows the boot to be opened and closed just by waving your foot under the rear fender.
- The MINI Excitement Pack features LED interior and ambient lighting which illuminates the cockpit with a choice of selectable colours as well as projection of the MINI logo from the exterior mirror on the driver's side when opening and closing the car door.
- The all-new MINI Countryman is powered by an all-new range of petrol and diesel engines developed from the latest MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology offering outstanding performance and efficiency. The 2-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine with TwinPower Turbo Technology takes the MINI Countryman Cooper S high on performance and light on fuel.
- The engine mobilises a peak output of 141 kW/192 hp and a maximum torque of 280 Nm torque. It sprints to 100 km/hr in 7.5 seconds and the top speed is 225 km/hr. The MINI Countryman Cooper SD 4 –cylinder diesel engine generates a peak output of 140 kW/190 hp and a maximum torque of 400 Nm torque. It sprints to 100 km/hr in 7.7 seconds and the top speed is 220 km/hr.
- The MINI Countryman Cooper SD features the Cooper SD engine for the first time in India that delivers 190 hp and 400 nm torque. With superior handling, no city corner or hill climb is a challenge. The Panorama Glass Roof and Electric Seat Adjustment with memory further adds convenience and driving fun.
- The standard 8-speed automatic steptronic transmission offers even more efficient, comfortable and sporty driving due to a broader gear spread and smaller engine speed steps. The sports automatic steptronic transmission with shift paddles makes for even sportier driving.
- MINI Driving Modes enable an individualised vehicle set-up focusing on either ride comfort, sportiness or efficiency, according to driver’s preference. In addition to the standard MID mode there is a choice of SPORT and GREEN mode. Driver Assistance Systems include Cruise Control, Park Assistant, Rear View Camera and Head-Up Display.
- The all-new MINI Countryman is stacked with cutting-edge safety technology. The standard safety equipment comprises of front and passenger airbags, Brake Assist, 3-Point Seat Belts, Dynamic Stability Control, Crash Sensor, Anti-lock Braking System, Cornering Brake Control and Run-flat tyres as standard.
- The standard MINIMALISM technology includes auto start/stop function, brake energy recuperation, active cooling air flaps and electromechanical power steering.