PressClub Middle East · Article.
World-class field at the 30th BMW International Open: In-form Thorbjørn Olesen and Ryder Cup star Thomas Pieters to tee off at 30th anniversary tournament.
Fri Jun 08 11:33:00 CEST 2018 Press Release
Just two weeks ahead of the first tee shot at the 30th BMW International Open, another two world-class golfers - Thorbjørn Olesen, and Thomas Pieters – have confirmed that they will play in the iconic German tournament.
send an e-mail
- Golf fans can look forward to another two fascinating players at the 30th BMW International Open (19th to 24th June 2018, GC Gut Lärchenhof).
- Thorbjørn Olesen (DEN) claimed his biggest title to date at last week’s Italian Open, a ROLEX Series event.
- Thomas Pieters (BEL) made Ryder Cup history as a rookie in 2016.
- Legendary golfer Gary Player to attend the 30th anniversary of the tournament.
- Flying the flag for Germany will be Martin Kaymer, Stephan Jäger, Max Kieffer, Marcel Siem, Florian Fritsch, Alexander Knappe, Bernd Ritthammer, Nicolai von Dellingshausen, Philipp Mejow, Sebastian Heisele, Marcel Schneider, plus two amateurs yet to be named by the DGV.
Cologne. Just two weeks ahead of the first tee shot at the 30th BMW International Open, another two world-class golfers - Thorbjørn Olesen, and Thomas Pieters – have confirmed that they will play in the iconic German tournament.
Olesen is among those players who will travel straight to the 30th BMW International Open from the U.S. Open. He qualified for the second major of the year at the start of the week – a clear sign that they are in excellent form. This is particularly true as the Dane won the Italian Open last Sunday – the second tournament in this year’s high-class Rolex Series, following the BMW PGA Championship.
Pieters is a player with great potential. At the age of 26, he has already won three European Tour events and made quite a mark at the 2016 Ryder Cup. Together with Rory McIlroy, he was one of the stand-out performers in the European Team, winning all three doubles alongside the Northern Irishman. The Belgian played the maximum five matches, winning four to achieve the biggest points total ever achieved by a European rookie.
It is hard to keep track of the records set by Gary Player (RSA). The nine-time major winner will attend the 30th anniversary tournament as a guest of honour. An autograph session will allow fans to meet one of the greatest and most charismatic golfers the sport has ever seen.
Date: Thursday, 21st June 2018, 15:30 in the Public Area.
Tickets are available at www.bmw-golfsport.com/tickets.
Admission is free from Wednesday to Friday, while children aged 15 and
under benefit from free entry on all days of the tournament. Day
tickets for Saturday or Sunday are available for 30 Euros, while a
season ticket for the entire weekend costs 45 Euros. VIP tickets for
the Fairway Club can be purchased for 225 Euros (Thursday or Friday)
or 345 Euros (Saturday or Sunday).
Tournament organiser BMW would like to thank Main Partners Emirates, Hilton, Rolex and Süddeutsche Zeitung, as well as Corporate Partners Allianz, Bowers & Wilkins, BOWMORE, HUGO BOSS, Julius Bär, Konica Minolta and SAP.