PressClub Middle East · Article.
The new BMW M8 en route to series production.
Fri Nov 09 00:01:00 CET 2018 Press Kit
From the race track to the road: the new BMW M8 Coupe is rounding the final corner en route to series production. BMW M GmbH is putting an early prototype of its upcoming flagship through its paces at the Estoril grand-prix racing circuit in Portugal.
send an e-mail
- New BMW M8 in the final phase of the series production development process.
- Customary BMW M dynamic prowess, agility and precision enter a new dimension.
- Performance-oriented vehicle concept with minimised weight, low centre of gravity, even weight distribution, optimum wheelbase and wide tracks.
- M-specific optimisations further increase already high levels of rigidity in the body structure, chassis components and chassis mounting.
- M-specific suspension delivers exceptional directional stability, steering precision and cornering dynamics.
- High-revving V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology produces north of 440 kW/600 hp. Fully variable transfer of power via M xDrive all-wheel-drive system with rear-wheel bias and 2WD mode.
- Market launch of the BMW M8 Coupe in the course of 2019. Further model variants: BMW M8 Convertible, BMW M8 Gran Coupe.
All figures relating to performance, fuel/electric power consumption and emissions are provisional.
CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
New BMW M8: Fuel consumption combined: 10.8 – 10.7 l/100 km [26.2 – 26.4 mpg imp]; CO2emissions combined: 246 – 243 g/km.
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW M8 en route to series production - Highlights. PDF, EN, 134.76 KB
The new BMW M8 en route to series production - Short version. PDF, EN, 208.17 KB
The new BMW M8 en route to series production - Long version. PDF, EN, 219.52 KB