PressClub Portugal · Article.
The new BMW M2 Competition.
Wed Apr 18 00:01:00 CEST 2018 Dossier de imprensa
With the new BMW M2 Competition (combined fuel consumption with six-speed manual gearbox: 9,9 – 10,0 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 225 – 228 g/km*; combined with optional M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT): 9,2 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 209 – 210 g/km)*, BMW M GmbH is setting fresh benchmarks in the compact high-performance sports car segment and adding marked refinement to the character of the BMW M2 Coupé.
send an e-mail
- New six-cylinder in-line engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, based on the power unit from the BMW M3/M4, three-litre cubic capacity, 302 kW/410 HP, peak torque of 550 Nm (combined fuel consumption with six-speed manual gearbox: 9,9 – 10,0 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 225 – 228 g/km*; combined with optional M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT): 9,2 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 209 – 210 g/km)*.
- Sprint from 0 to 100 km/h: 4.2 s (with six-speed manual gearbox 4.4 s), top speed: 250 km/h (limited), 280 km/h with M Driver´s Package (limited).
- High-precision CFRP strut and bulkhead strut for increased front section rigidity.
- New cooling system, including new front skirt and larger, redesigned BMW kidney in high-gloss black.
- New dual exhaust system with two electrically-controlled flaps.
- New, optional M Sport brakes with brake calipers painted grey.
- New optional M Sport bucket seat with integrated headrests and illuminated M2 badge at shoulder height.
- Selector switches for immediate access to various engine and steering characteristics, as well as DCT settings via Drivelogic.
- Exclusive new metallic Hockenheim Silver paint.
- The BMW M2 Competition replaces its predecessor, the BMW M2 Coupé.
* Consumption figures are based on the EU test cycle and may vary depending on the tyre format specified.
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW M2 Competition - Highlights. PDF, PT, 589,7 KB
The new BMW M2 Competition - Longversion. PDF, PT, 279,15 KB
The new BMW M2 Competition - Technical data. PDF, PT, 343,63 KB