PressClub South Africa · Article.
BMW International Open: Update.
Fri Jun 02 09:10:40 CEST 2017 Press Release
• Ryder Cup vice-captain Karlsson, Dubuisson, Manassero and Jaidee confirmed to play. • Home outing for amateur Thomas Rosenmüller from Golfclub München Eichenried. • Varied off-course and evening programme. • BMW exhibition to focus on mobility of the future. • Free admission from Wednesday to Friday. Weekend tickets available at http://tickets.bmw-golfsport.com.
send an e-mail
- Ryder Cup vice-captain Karlsson, Dubuisson, Manassero and Jaidee confirmed to play.
- Home outing for amateur Thomas Rosenmüller from Golfclub München Eichenried.
- Varied off-course and evening programme.
- BMW exhibition to focus on mobility of the future.
- Free admission from Wednesday to Friday. Weekend tickets available at http://tickets.bmw-golfsport.com .
Latest information on the 2017 BMW International Open.
Robert Karlsson (SWE), who only yesterday was named as one of the
vice captains of the European Ryder Cup team, and who won the 1997 BMW
International Open, will tee off again in Munich this year. 2014 Ryder
Cup winner Victor Dubuisson (FRA), 2013 BMW PGA Champion Matteo
Manassero (ITA) and seven-time winner on the European Tour Thongchai
Jaidee (THA) have also confirmed that they will be playing in this
year’s BMW International Open.
The two starting places for German amateurs at this year’s tournament
have been awarded to Thomas Rosenmüller (GC München Eichenried) and
Max Schmitt (GC Rheinhessen).
Golf fans can look forward to watching the best field in the history
of the tournament. Open champion Henrik Stenson (SWE), this year’s
Masters winner Sergio García (ESP) and two-time major winner Martin
Kaymer (GER) will all be among the pre-tournament favourites. They
will be joined by all six of the remaining Germans playing on the
European Tour and major winners Ernie Els (RSA) and José Maria
Olazábal (ESP), as well as Bernd Wiesberger (AUT), Tommy Fleetwood
(ENG) and Spanish pair Pablo Larrazábal and Rafa Cabrera-Bello.
- Wednesday, 21st June, all day: BMW Kids Day – School classes take a look behind the scenes of the BMW International Open.
- Friday, 23rd June, all day: GolfNow – Discover Passion – Day of activities for newcomers to the sport.
- Friday, 23rd June, after close of play: DJane Andrea Weber lays down some beats in the Event Arena in the Public Area.
- Saturday, 24th June, after close of play: Live music with “Munique” in the Event Arena.
- Sunday, 25th June, after close of play: Live music with “Munique” in the Event Arena.
Highlights of the BMW Car Exhibition.
- Mobility of tomorrow: The latest models from BMW i and BMW iPerformance, including the BMW 7 Series plug-in-hybrid.
Experience electromobility: BMW experience rides in
BMW i and BMW iPerformance models.
- Business Athlete: The new BMW 5 Series family – including the first plug-in-hybrid in the 5 Series range and the new BMW 5 Series Touring.
- The most powerful letter in the world: BMW M4 Convertible, BMW M6 Coupé and the new BMW M4 CS.
This year, the BMW International Open will again be supported by
long-term main partners Emirates, Rolex and the Süddeutsche Zeitung.
Allianz, Antenne Bayern, Bowers & Wilkins, Bowmore, Hilton, Julius
Bär, Konica Minolta and SAP are also on board as corporate partners.
Free entry all from Wednesday to Friday. Admission is free for children and young persons aged 15 and under on all days of the tournament.
The BMW Group
With its four brands BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorrad, the BMW Group is the world’s leading premium manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles and also provides premium financial and mobility services. As a global company, the BMW Group operates 31 production and assembly facilities in 14 countries and has a global sales network in more than 140 countries.
In 2016, the BMW Group sold approximately 2.367 million cars and 145,000 motorcycles worldwide. The profit before tax was approximately € 9.67 billion on revenues amounting to € 94.16 billion. As of 31 December 2016, the BMW Group had a workforce of 124,729 employees.
The success of the BMW Group has always been based on long-term thinking and responsible action. The company has therefore established ecological and social sustainability throughout the value chain, comprehensive product responsibility and a clear commitment to conserving resources as an integral part of its strategy.
BMW Group websites:
Social Media Pages:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BMWGroup (BMW South Africa, BMW Motorrad SA, MINISouthAfrica).
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BMWGroup (@BMW_SA, @BMWMotorradSA and @MINISouthAfrica).
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/BMWGroupview (BMW South Africa and BMW Motorrad SA.