- Self-guided, hands-on demos of the BMW 335i Sedan and X5 xDrive50i that at most stops include Hill Descent Control, which is a BMW electronic function that allows for safe descent and proper vehicle balance on uneven surfaces, and Skid Pad, showcasing vehicle control on wet surfaces;
- Street Drives that allow for 30-minute test drives per vehicle of a range of BMW vehicles including the BMW 2 Series, 4 Series, 6 Series and the all-electric BMW i3;
- Autocross, a 2-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 2 Series and 5 Series that pairs attendees with BMW’s Professional Driving Instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding hot lap;
- Car Control Clinic, a full-day driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of a powerful M3 or all-new M235i for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified Professional Drivers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance while learning advanced driving theory. The Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $650.
- Additionally, The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature a main pavilion with interactive displays.
BMW’s Ultimate Driving Experience, Offering Dynamic Behind-the-Wheel Driving Programs with over 80 BMW Vehicles, Launches June 14 in Boston, MA.
|The BMW 2 Series Coupe will be one of the 80 BMW vehicles featured during BMW's Ultimate Driving Experience, a nationwide tour ...||Show all media|
The nationwide tour through 7 markets runs from June through November, 2014 and will feature BMW’s Teen Driving School at no cost.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 9, 2014… BMW is launching the Ultimate Driving Experience, a nationwide tour that will offer dynamic behind-the-wheel driving programs through eight events in seven markets for a total of 74 event days. A popular component of The Ultimate Driving Experience will be the Teen Driving School, which is an extension of the BMW Teen Driving School curriculum taught at the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC. The first Ultimate Driving Experience kicks-off June 14-22 in Boston, MA at Gillette Stadium. The Experience will consist of 9-11 day events across the U.S. in the following markets; New York/NJ at MetLife Stadium (Jul 13-20); Chicago, IL at Arlington International Racecourse (July 26-Aug 3); San Francisco, CA at Alameda Point (Aug 16-24); Los Angeles, CA at Santa Anita Racecourse (Sep 6-21); New York/Long Island at Citi Field (Oct 4-12); Miami, FL at Hialeah Park (Oct 25-Nov 2) and Houston, TX at NRG Park (Nov 9-17).
The Teen Driving School is a fully interactive, 4-hour teen driving course featuring the BMW X3 and 3 Series that will be offered at no cost. The Teen Driving School will focus on improving driving skills and increasing road awareness through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. A main focus during the Teen Driving School will be creating awareness about the consequences of texting while driving and how it affects not only teens – but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers under the age of 21 with a valid learner's permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
“The Ultimate Driving Experience is grounded in BMW’s passion for providing driving enthusiasts with the opportunity to get behind the wheel,” said Trudy Hardy, Vice President, Marketing, BMW of North America. “Incorporating the Teen Driving School into the Experience is an important component of BMW’s continued effort to teach safe driving practices and to educate teens about the dangers of texting and driving.”
The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature over 80 BMW vehicles, from BMW i to BMW M. Attendees will have access to a truly immersive experience including:
Harman Kardon, a partner with BMW for over 30 years in providing customized sound systems and innovative technologies for BMW vehicles including the 1 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, X1 and X5, is partnering with The Ultimate Driving Experience to create a virtual classroom experience onsite with the Harman Kardon Theater.
For more information and to register for The BMW Ultimate Driving Experience visit: http://www.bmwusa.com/ude or call 800-558-4BMW (4269). Location and dates subject to change. Follow BMW of North America on Twitter @BMWUSA and Like BMWUSA on Facebook. Hashtag #DrivingIsBelieving.
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, a strategic design consultancy in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 and X4 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 339 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 139 BMW motorcycle retailers, 120 MINI passenger car dealers, and 35 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Journalist note: Information about BMW Group and its products in the USA is available to journalists online at www.bmwusanews.com and www.press.bmwna.com.
# # #
Documents for downloading:
If you have any questions regarding this press release, please contact:
BMW Group Streaming
Tue. 03.03.15 | 08:45 CET.
GENEVA. Full-length transmission of the BMW Group and MINI Press Conferences.