BMW C 600 Sport and BMW C 650 GT - Stills: top-shot, side view, pan from BMW C 600 Sport onto BMW C 650 GT, BMW C 600 Sport with view of BMW C 650 GT / BMW C 600 Sport - Stills: various angles, cockpit, front wheel, 3/4 front view, side view, brakes (2-channel ABS), asymmetrically arranged strut, rear view, split focus, rear lamp, rear wheel, cockpit, dashboard, manually adjustable windshield ...5 HD Footage Scenes:
- TV Footage HD:
- 5 Scenes (14:26 min)
The New BMW C 600 Sport and BMW C 650 GT.
New Maxi Scooters For Dynamic Riding.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 10, 2011… Urban areas are facing challenges such as growing traffic volume, rising energy costs, and greater CO2 regulations, requiring drastic changes for individual mobility concepts.
The BMW Group has recognized these challenges and is developing solutions for the mobility needs of today and tomorrow. As an integral part of the BMW Group, BMW Motorrad is also dealing with the issues of individual mobility and the future needs of customers, expanding its business activities to include urban mobility.
Among its first offerings in urban mobility, BMW Motorrad will be presenting two premium vehicles in the maxi scooter segment. The BMW C 600 Sport and the BMW C 650 GT combine the outstanding riding properties of a motorcycle with the precise agility and comfort of a scooter for a new kind of dynamic riding experience.
The new maxi scooters will be built at the same BMW Motorrad plant in Berlin where the current line of BMW motorcycles are assembled.
Two dynamic maxi scooters for sport and touring.
The differing characteristics of these two maxi scooters appeal to a wide target group: the C 600 Sport for riders who desire a more aggressive and sporty ride and the C 650 GT for customers seeking touring comfort on long distance rides.
Both the C 600 Sport and the C 650 GT present the unique design concept of BMW Motorrad, setting a new benchmark for this category. Modern and dynamic, they are the perfect examples of the BMW Motorrad design philosophy.
Powerful two-cylinder inline engine with CVT and characteristic sound.
The two-cylinder inline engine of the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT is an all-new development by BMW Motorrad with a displacement of 647 cc. In both models, its rated power output is 60 hp at 7,500 rpm, and its max torque of 49 lb-ft is available at 6,000 rpm. The power is transferred via a directly integrated CVT, or continuously variable transmission.
With a low center of gravity, the engine is inclined 70° to the front. The characteristic sound and low vibration levels are the result of the 90° crank pin offset, 270° ignition spacing, and two balancer shafts driven by spur gears.
An electronic fuel injection system supplies the four valves under the two overhead camshafts. Oil is supplied from a dry sump with double oil pump, and an efficient cooling concept optimizes the thermal equilibrium in the two-cylinder engine.
The exhaust system is made completely of stainless steel and complies with motorcycle specifications. Fitted with a closed loop catalytic converter and an oxygen sensor, the
C 600 Sport and C 650 GT fulfill today the Euro-4 emission limits of tomorrow.
Suspension with agility and premium riding stability.
One objective in the development of the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT was to combine directional stability at high speeds on rural highways with agility in city traffic - and clear feedback to the rider - just like a motorcycle.
The design of the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT suspension features a torsionally rigid hybrid combination of tubular steel bridge frame and diecast aluminum. In addition, the load bearing two-cylinder inline engine offers a particularly rigid construction for stable and high precision response.
Riding stability is enhanced by the cast light-alloy single swingarm with coaxial center of rotation. The suspension provides a sporty yet comfortable ride using an upside down front fork with a tube diameter of 1.57 inches and a reclining spring strut on the left side. The spring travel for both are 4.5 inches – similar to what is commonly seen on motorcycles. The tire widths of the C 600 Sport and the C 650 GT are also similar to motorcycle tire dimensions.
Powerful braking system with standard BMW Motorrad ABS.
The new C 600 Sport and C 650 GT are equipped with a generously sized braking system consisting of a two-rotor disc brake at the front and a single disc brake at the rear, each 10.6 inches (270 mm) in diameter. The standard BMW Motorrad ABS ensures maximum possible safety.
Multifunctional instrument cluster.
The instrument cluster of the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT offers a large, easily readable LCD display with integrated engine speed readout and an analog speedometer with considerably more functions than usual in this vehicle class.
C 600 Sport with the world premiere FlexCase.
The FlexCase for the C 600 Sport is an innovative storage space concept. A flap under the seat enlarges the storage space when the scooter is parked. This can be used, for example, to hold two helmets.
The highlights at a glance
• The most powerful and efficient engine of its class.
• Two-cylinder inline engine with high torque and CVT (continuously variable transmission).
• Compact engine design with dry sump lubrication.
• Power output 60 hp at 7,500 rpm, max torque 49 lb-ft at 6,000 rpm.
• Dynamic sound and low vibration levels from the 90° crank pin offset, 270°
ignition timing, and two balancer shafts.
• Low fuel consumption and low emissions from the electronic fuel injection and
closed loop catalytic converter.
• Suspension concept similar to a motorcycle; particularly rigid and stable
suspension system of tubular steel bridge frame and diecast aluminum housing at the
• Strong upside down fork with 1.57 inch (40 mm) tube diameter.
• Swingarm with wide bearing base and reclining spring strut on the side.
• Swingarm's center of rotation coaxial with the output shaft offers constant chain tension with improved drivetrain lash.
• Low maintenance, enclosed secondary drive via roller chain in oil bath.
• High level of active safety from the standard dual link ABS braking system.
• Parking brake engaged automatically via the side stand.
• Multifunctional instrument cluster with onboard computer.
• Generously sized storage space. C 600 Sport with the world premiere FlexCase innovative
• Electrically adjustable (C 650 GT) or manually adjustable (C 600 Sport) windscreen for
optimal protection against wind and weather.
• Three available colors for each model.
• Extensive BMW Motorrad equipment and custom accessories.
The differences between the C 600 Sport and the C 650 GT at a glance
The sporty, dynamic scooter - BMW C 600 Sport - has a seat positioned for active riding with the foot boards, seat, and handlebar in an ergonomic triangle. The BMW C 650 GT offers an alternative for riders who prefer touring and long distance comfort. The rider and passenger are positioned in a relaxed sitting posture that is suited to especially long stretches. An adjustable seat backrest for the rider, a higher handlebar and floor boards instead of separate footrests offer greater passenger comfort. In addition, the C 650 GT offers a larger, electrically adjustable windscreen for improved protection against wind and weather.
• C 600 Sport with sporty seat position and flatter handlebar - seat height 31.8 inches, footrests for the passenger.
• C 650 GT with comfortable touring seat position and higher handlebar, larger seat with adjustable backrest for the rider, and foot boards for the passenger - seat height of 30.7 inches.
• C 600 Sport with windscreen mechanically adjustable to three positions.
• C 650 GT with larger windscreen electrically adjustable over 3.9 inches for additional
protection from wind and weather.
Body and design
• C 600 Sport with clean sporty panels. The dynamic upswept tail section and
body edges create the perception of simplicity and lightweight.
• C 650 GT offers outstanding comfort and protection against wind and weather.
Headlights, turn indicators, rear light
• C 600 Sport: front turn indicators integrated in the fairing, twin circular headlights
and LED rear light assembly with single turn indicators
• C 650 GT: front turn indicators integrated in the mirrors, twin circular headlights and LED rear light assembly with integrated turn indicators.
• C 600 Sport with world premiere and innovative FlexCase. Provides variable storage space under the seat. Two helmets can be easily stored in the parked vehicle.
• C 650 GT with a large storage space of approximately 2.1 cubic feet for storing two helmets and additional items.
• C 600 Sport:
Cosmic blue metallic matt
Titanium silver metallic
Sapphire black metallic
• C 650 GT:
Sapphire black metallic
Platinum bronze metallic
Vermilion red metallic
Documents for downloading:
BMW C 600 Sport und BMW C 650 GT stand still view
BMW C 600 Sport und BMW C 650 GT riding view
BMW C 600 Sport und BMW C 650 GT details
BMW C 600 Sport und BMW C 650 GT technical artwork
Set No. 1
If you have any questions regarding this press release, please contact:
BMW Group Streaming
04.03.2014 | 12:15 CET.
GENEVA. Here you will see the full-length live transmission of the BMW Group and MINI Press Conferences.