PressClub India · Article.
Press Kit - The new MINI 3-Door
Wed May 23 08:43:00 CEST 2018 Press Kit
• New edition of the premium small car segment original; new MINI with hallmark emotional design, further optimised balance between driving fun and fuel consumption, innovative networking technology and clever functionality; significant advances in the areas of spatial comfort, safety, equipment, quality of material and finish as well as sporty flair and ride comfort.
send an e-mail
The new MINI.
- New edition of the premium small car segment original; new MINI with hallmark emotional design, further optimised balance between driving fun and fuel consumption, innovative networking technology and clever functionality; significant advances in the areas of spatial comfort, safety, equipment, quality of material and finish as well as sporty flair and ride comfort as the result of consistently and extensively refined product substance; new model generation now more than ever before the benchmark for driving fun, premium quality and individual flair within its competitive environment.
- Exterior design refined on an evolutionary basis with hallmark styling, proportions and body structure; characteristic design features such as hexagonal radiator grille, headlamps and rear light clusters with wide chrome surround, turn indicator element and peripheral body surround in black reinterpreted and given additional emphasis due to the surface design in each specific area; high-end details underscore the sophisticated nature of the new model; five exterior paint finishes, roof in contrasting colour available as an option at no extra charge; MINI Cooper S and MINI Cooper D on request and without extra charge with
- roof and exterior mirror caps in contrasting colour.
- Newly designed headlamps: LED headlamps including daytime driving lights with integrated direction indicators, adaptive light distribution, and optionally available LED cornering lights and LED fog lamps; rear lights also optionally available in LED technology, optional lighting package with LED interior lights and orange-coloured ambient lighting.
- Vehicle length increased by 98 millimetres, width by 44 millimetres, height by 7 millimetres, also longer wheelbase (+ 28 millimetres) and larger track width (front + 42 millimetres, rear + 34 millimetres) as compared to the predecessor model (differential figures relate to MINI Cooper); optimised spatial comfort on all four seats; new seat design with larger adjustment range at front and longer seat surface at rear (+ 23 millimetres); more shoulder room and foot space as well as increased comfort for rear passengers; luggage compartment volume increased by 51 litres to 211 litres; rear backrest foldable with 60 : 40 split; optional storage package including luggage compartment floor which can be locked into place at varying points.
- New generation of engines with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology; two model variants available as of market launch: MINI Cooper S with 141 kW/192 bhp 4-cylinder petrol engine and 3-door and 5-door MINI Cooper D with 3-cylinder diesel engine (85 kW/116 bhp); 6-speed automatic transmission as standard with the sports automatic transmission, also newly developed; extensive MINIMALISM technology including automatic engine start/stop function likewise in conjunction with automatic transmission and optional GREEN mode; improved driving performance figures and reduced fuel consumption; average fuel consumption 27 per cent lower; lowest fuel consumption and CO2 levels in the MINI Cooper D: 21.15 km/l 125 g/km (as per rule 115 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989)
- Intensification of the typical MINI go-kart feeling with extensively revised suspension technology, reduced weight and increased rigidity; new single-joint spring strut front axle with aluminium swivel bearing and also axle supports and wishbones made of high-strength steel; new multilink rear axle also in optimised lightweight construction and space saving geometry; refined electromechanical power steering now with Servotronic as standard; Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) as standard including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC), in the MINI Cooper S also including Performance
- Control; new spring and damper set-up with triple-path support bearings; Dynamic Damper Control optionally available for the first time in MINI; refined brake system, adapted to increased driving performance; fitted as standard with 16” light alloy wheels, with optionally available 17” light alloy wheels.
- Variable vehicle set-up using the new Driving Modes option by means of rotary switch at the base of the gearshift or selector lever; in addition to the standard setting MID mode, the modes SPORT and GREEN can be activated; choice of mode influences the characteristic curve of the accelerator and steering, as well as the shift times of the automatic transmission and the Dynamic Damper Control where these features are fitted; GREEN mode in conjunction with automatic transmission enables coasting with decoupled drivetrain.
- New display and operating concept: instrument cluster on the steering column showing road speed and engine speed, colour display for vehicle status details and fuel level; central instrument with new display elements and coloured lighting configuration including LED ring for visual feedback in response to numerous operating functions, 4-line TFT display as standard or optional colour display up to 8.8 inches in size; operation of navigation, entertainment, telephone and vehicle functions using MINI Controller in centre console with the relevant feedback provided on the on-board computer; start/stop button at the centre of the toggle switch bar on the centre console, can be activated without key insertion; power window lifts in the door trim panels; operating panel for lights in the dashboard.
- Body structure weight-optimised and crash-optimised; standard safety features including front and side airbags, side curtain airbags, 3-point automatic seat belts on all seats, with belt tensioners and belt force limiters at front, ISOFIX children's seat mounting at rear, Run Flat Indicator and vehicle weight lower than in predecessor models and competitors in the segment in virtually all variants of the new MINI despite extended range of fittings; increased acoustic and vibrational comfort: optimised aerodynamic properties as appropriate to each specific model including active cooling air flaps, underbody trim panel and air ducting elements in the upper section of the C columns; best aerodynamic figures within the competitive environment: Cd value reduced to 0.28 or 0.31 (MINI Cooper S).
- New MINI with significantly extended range of innovative driver assistance systems: MINI Head-Up-Display, parking assistant, rear-view camera high beam assistant and road sign detection.
- Newly structured MINI Connected in-car infotainment program with additional functions and the opportunity for ongoing expansion due to apps allowing integration in the car via smartphone; increased driving fun with typical MINI functions such as Mission Control, Dynamic Music, Driving Excitement and MINIMALISM Analyser; online connection also allows the use of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, foursquare and Glympse.
- Extensive standard fittings and high-end options to increase comfort, premium characteristics and individual flair; these include: rain sensor with automatic driving light control, heated windscreen, Park Distance Control, electrically operated glass roof, electrically heated and folding exterior mirrors, interior and exterior mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle function, seat heating, 2-zone automatic air conditioning, bonnet stripes, seat upholsteries, interior surfaces and Colour Lines; Professional navigation system, MINI Radio Visual Boost, Harman Kardon hi-fi speaker system.
- Engine variants: MINI Cooper S: 4-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbo charging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control), capacity: 1 998 cc, output: 141 kW/192 bhp at 4 700 – 6 000 rpm, max. torque: 280 Nm at 1 250 – 4 750 rpm (300 Nm with overboost), acceleration (0–100 km/h): 6.8 seconds (automatic: 6.7 seconds), top speed: 235 km/h (233 km/h), average fuel consumption*: 5.7 – 5.8 litres (5.2 – 5.4 litres)/100 kilometres, CO2 emissions*: 133 – 136 g/km (122 – 125 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
- MINI Cooper D: 3-cylinder diesel engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbocharger with variable turbine geometry, common rail direct injection), capacity: 1 496 cc, output: 85 kW/116 bhp at 4 000 rpm, max. torque: 270 Nm at 1 750 rpm, acceleration (0–100 km/h): 9.2 seconds (automatic: 9.2 seconds), top speed: 200 km/h (204 km/h), average fuel consumption*: 21.15 km/l CO2 emissions*: 125 g/km exhaust emission standard: EU6.