PressClub New Zealand · Article.
Local BMW X3 range expanded with high performance diesel model.
06.08.2018 Press Release
The BMW X3 range further expanded, with local introduction of the first-ever M40d variant ++ High performance six-cylinder diesel complements petrol-powered M40i, offering even greater engine choice and a unique choice in the premium segment ++ Peak output of 240 kW power, and torque of 680 Nm from just 1,750 rpm ++ Innovative BMW Connected+ offers next-level connectivity ++ The new BMW X3 M40d is available for order now, in showrooms from October.
Tel: +64 9 573 6977
send an e-mail
BMW Group New Zealand is pleased to announce the local introduction of the BMW X3 M40d, offering customers the choice of high performance petrol or diesel powertrains for the first time in the popular model.
BMW X3 New Zealand pricing*:
BMW X3 xDrive20d $92,850
BMW X3 xDrive30i $99,850
BMW X3 M40i $119,850
BMW X3 M40d $122,900
*Recommended retail pricing, excluding on-road costs.
The launch of the new BMW X3 M40d offers customers a second BMW M Performance model in the X3 model range, with two distinct but equally potent high performance engines now available.
The new BMW X3 M40d also holds the unique position of being the only high performance diesel-powered mid-size SUV in the premium segment.
“I am thrilled to have this exciting new model join our BMW X3 range”, says Florian Renndorfer, BMW Group New Zealand Managing Director. “New Zealanders love SUVs and performance models in particular. Now having the high power M40d diesel model is an exclusive offer in the market and complements the existing X3 M40i to really give customers a choice of powertrain”.
In the BMW X3 M40d, an in-line six- cylinder diesel engine generates a peak output of 240 kW, and maximum torque of 680 Nm is already available at 1,750 rpm thanks to multi-stage turbocharging and common rail direct injection with piezo injectors.
The BMW X3 M40d effortlessly achieves a sub-five second dash from 0-100km/h, taking only 4.9 seconds to reach this speed.
Specification of the new BMW X3 M40d mirrors the already high levels of comfort, safety and versatility found in the X3 M40i, along with intensely strong visual presence.
Among these features are the standard and strikingly dynamic M Performance-specific exterior design cues, which include the M Aerodynamics package with design elements finished in Cerium Grey. The M Sport braking package, adaptive M Sport suspension with M Performance-specific tuning, variable sport steering and 21-inch light-alloy wheels also come as standard.
The BMW X3 M40d features an xDrive all-wheel-drive system has a far more pronounced rear bias than on the other model versions. The Performance Control feature integrated into the DSC system and acting on the rear wheels has been reconfigured to produce the dynamism, agility and traction for which M models have made their name.
Moving into the cabin, sports seats and the sprinkling of “M40d” logos adorning, for instance, the front door sill strips and instrument panel provide further visual emphasis of the car’s performance capabilities.
Standard specification highlights
Joining the BMW X3 M40i, the X3 M40d boasts an equally impressive array of specification as standard. Equipment highlights include:
- 21-inch M light alloy wheels
- 8-speed sport automatic transmission with gearshift paddles
- Adaptive LED headlights with BMW Selective Beam
- Adaptive M suspension
- Ambient Lighting package with Welcome Light Carpet
- BMW Connected+, featuring BMW Online, Real Time Traffic Information, Concierge Service, Teleservices, Intelligent Emergency Call, Remote Services
- BMW Gesture Control
- BMW Head Up Display
- Driving Assistant Plus, includes:
- Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant with collision prevention
- Cross-traffic warning front and rear
- Lane Change Warning and Lane Departure Warning
- Harman Kardon surround sound system
- Inductive wireless phone charging
- Leather ‘Vernasca’ upholstery
- Multifunctional Instrument Display
- Navigation system Professional with 10.25-inch touchscreen
- Parking Assistant Plus package with rear view camera and Park Distance Control front/rear, and Remote 3D view
- Seat heating for driver and front passenger
- Speed Limit Info traffic sign recognition
- Variable Sport Steering
As with all New Zealand-new BMW vehicles a five year warranty, three year service inclusive programme and five year roadside assist coverage are fully included.
Orders are now being taken for the new BMW X3 M40d, ahead of its New Zealand arrival in October.