PressClub New Zealand · Article.
The new BMW X3 sDrive20i.
24.03.2019 Press Release
++ The first X3 sDrive to launch in New Zealand ++ Powered by the latest generation of BMW TwinPower Turbo petrol engines ++ High level of standard equipment and connectivity with BMW Connected+ ++ BMW X3 range now starting from $83,900 plus on-road costs. • Arriving in BMW dealerships nationwide from April 2019
Tel: +64 9 573 6977
send an e-mail
BMW Group New Zealand is announcing the addition to the BMW X3 range, with the local introduction of the new BMW X3 sDrive20i.
The BMW X3 sDrive20i is the first time the model has been offered locally in rear-wheel drive configuration, and brings a new starting point to the X3 line-up.
BMW X3 range pricing*:
BMW X3 sDrive20i $ 83,900
BMW X3 xDrive20d $ 94,650
BMW X3 xDrive30i $101,750
BMW X3 M40i $122,150
BMW X3 M40d $125,200
*Recommended retail pricing, excluding on-road costs.
Supreme driving pleasure, exceptional efficiency.
The BMW X3 sDrive20i is as dynamic as ever to drive. In this power variant, the 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine musters 135 kW and transmits its peak torque of 290 Nm to the crankshaft between 1,350 and 4,600 rpm. The dash from 0 to 100 km/h takes just 8.2 seconds, while top speed is 215 km/h.
Average fuel consumption is 7.4 litres per 100 kilometres equating to CO2 emissions of 169 grams per kilometre.
The power unit in the BMW X3 sDrive20i stems from the latest generation of BMW TwinPower Turbo petrol engines, comprising TwinScroll turbocharging, High Precision Injection, Double-VANOS variable camshaft control and Valvetronic fully variable valve timing.
As with the existing BMW X3 range, the new engine is mated to an eight-speed Steptronic transmission matched to the power unit’s specific performance characteristics.
Standard specification highlights
As with the entire BMW X3 range, the new BMW X3 sDrive20i boasts an impressive array of specification as standard. Equipment highlights include:
- xLine exterior design package
- 19-inch light alloy wheels
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Roof rails in aluminium satinated finish
- Electric tailgate operation
- Variable Sport Steering
- Ambient Lighting package with Welcome Light Carpet
- Automatic climate control with 3-zone functionality
- Sports front seats with electric adjustment and memory
- Cloth/leather ‘Vivus’ upholstery
- LED headlights with extended contents
- High Beam Assist
- BMW Connected+, featuring BMW Online, Real Time Traffic Information, Concierge Service, Teleservices, Intelligent Emergency Call, Remote Services
- Parking Assistant with rear view camera and Park Distance Control front/rear
Driving Assistant, includes:
- Lane Change Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Warning
- Cross-traffic warning (rear)
- Speed Limit Info traffic sign recognition
- Cruise control with braking function
- Multifunctional Instrument Display
- Navigation system Professional with 10.25-inch touchscreen
- Inductive wireless phone charging
As with all New Zealand-new BMW vehicles a five year warranty, three year service inclusive programme and five year roadside assist coverage is fully included.
The new BMW X3 sDrive20i is arriving at BMW dealers from April 2019.