PressClub New Zealand · Article.
Welcome to M Town: BMW Welt opens a new permanent exhibition space.
28.08.2019 Press Release
The most powerful letter in the world receives a new home.
send an e-mail
- When dreams become reality: BMW Welt, in cooperation with BMW M GmbH, now brings the M Town virtual world to Munich.
- Experience the BMW M brand in new splendour.
- Selfie spot for unforgettable memories from M Town.
- The vehicles on exhibit are changed regularly to highlight the dynamics and diversity of BMW M.
Munich. From 28 August 2019 visitors and automobile enthusiasts can experience a new permanent exhibition space at BMW Welt. Now it’s official: “Welcome to M Town!”, the new home of the BMW M brand. The innovative design concept is based on the marketing campaign with the same name. M Town, the digital and social communication platform, is the virtual dream city and home to all motorsports enthusiasts and fans of the BMW Group brand specialising in high-performance sports cars. The dynamic rhythm of M Town pulsates wherever you find passion for high-performance automobiles. Now you can also feel it at BMW Welt. The new space creates an extraordinary experience for visitors thanks to the unique combination of sophisticated design and state-of-the-art technology. “BMW Welt is more than just a home for individual BMW Group vehicles. We want to keep thrilling our fans and visitors with innovative and architectural highlights. The new BMW exhibition space now turns M Town into reality”, says Helmut Käs, Director of BMW Welt.
The new home for the most powerful letter in the world.
The new BMW M exhibition space is dedicated entirely to the most powerful letter in the world. Automobile fans with a passion for motorsports and design can discover the M Town way of life in a virtual town showcased with spectacular videos on bmw-m.com. Here everything focuses on the high-performance sports cars by BMW M GmbH and fascinating everyday driving experiences. An illuminated graphic display of M Town, which disappears into the distance perspectively on a large LED Screen, points the way to the virtual dream city. The elegant ceiling illumination made up of shining black and dynamically shaped jets, reflects the dynamic character of the vehicles on display. At the “Selfie Point” visitors can share their experience on social media and record their impressions under the motto “I finally found M Town at BMW Welt”. “M Town now also finds a very special home at BMW Welt. The newly designed exhibition space invites every car enthusiast to become a citizen of M Town for a short time”, says Markus Flasch, Director of BMW M GmbH.
The new exhibition space opens with the BMW X3 M Competition in Donington Grey metallic and the BMW X4 M Competition in Toronto Red metallic, which both combine the spirit of adventure with the exclusive high-performance claim of BMW M. Both cars are accompanied by the BMW M4 Convertible in Individual Frozen Dark Blue II metallic and the BMW M5 Competition in in Snapper Rocks Blue metallic.
The data at a glance - “M Town” exhibition space: :
- When: From 28 August 2019
- Where: BMW Welt
- Admission: free of charge
The figures in brackets refer to the vehicle with seven-speed M double-clutch transmission with Drivelogic.
CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
- BMW X3 M Competition: fuel consumption combined: 10.5 l/ 100km; CO2 emissions combined: 239 g/km
- BMW X4 M Competition: fuel consumption combined: 10.5 l/ 100km; CO2 emissions combined: 239 g/km
- BMW M4 Convertible: fuel consumption combined: 10.2 l (9.5 l)/ 100km; CO2 emissions combined: 232 g (217 g)/km
- BMW M5 Competition: fuel consumption combined: 10.6-10.5 l/ 100km; CO2 emissions combined: 241-238 g/km