PressClub New Zealand · Article.
BMW NEW ZEALAND ANNOUNCES THE ARRIVAL OF THE OF THE ALL-NEW M3 AND M4 COMPETITION MODELS.
08.04.2021 Press Release
The highly-anticipated, all-new BMW M3 Competition Sedan and BMW M4 Competition Coupé have landed in New Zealand in spectacular style.
Tel: +64 272 69 0280
send an e-mail
- Latest sixth-generation high performance sports sedan and coupé from BMW M feature all-new motorsport-inspired platform, power and styling
- Top-level Competition specification only for New Zealand, M3 priced from $168,900*, M4 priced from $172,900*
- Six-cylinder in-line powerplant with BMW M TwinPower Turbo technology at the heart of both models with a storming 375kW and 650Nm
- Savage acceleration from rear-wheel drive platform: 0-100km/h in just 3.9 seconds, 0 – 200km.h in 12.5 seconds; BMW M xDrive variant to follow
- Performance car credentials underscored by additional chassis bracing, Adaptive M suspension and all-new 8-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic
Auckland, New Zealand: The highly-anticipated, all-new BMW M3 Competition Sedan and BMW M4 Competition Coupé have landed in New Zealand in spectacular style.
The Isle of Man Green M3 Competition Sedan and Sao Paulo Yellow M4 Competition Coupé emerged from matching decorated containers carried in via Black Hawk helicopters, and showcased their dynamic abilities on closed runways at the North Shore Aerodrome to a small group of invited guests.
Following a short presentation from BMW New Zealand, professional drivers then took guests on taxi rides on the closed course, specifically designed to showcase the dynamic abilities of the two high performance machines.
Available exclusively in New Zealand as top-spec Competition variants, both vehicles are powered by a six-cylinder in-line engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology. Imbued with motorsport-derived DNA, both cars feature impressive performance, accelerating from 0 – 100km/h in 3.9 seconds and from 0-200kms/h in 12.5 seconds.
The new BMW M3 Competition Sedan and new BMW M4 Competition Coupé redefine performance benchmarks and set themselves apart via visually-expressive design and provide that signature M dual-personality on road and track.
Karol Abrasowicz-Madej, Managing Director of BMW New Zealand: “BMW M fans in New Zealand have been waiting with eager anticipation for these models to reach our shores. Deeply rooted in motorsport, the BMW M3 and M4 Competition are prime examples of the technology transfer from racing to series production and the Competition variant will deliver the highest levels of performance.”
BMW M3 Competition and M4 Competition pricing:
BMW M3 Competition Sedan $168,900*
BMW M4 Competition Coupé $172,900*
*Recommended Retail Pricing is shown and includes GST, but excludes on-road and delivery costs. Customers are advised to contact their nearest BMW dealer for all pricing enquiries.
- BMW 3.0-litre M TwinPower Turbo inline six-cylinder petrol engine
- 0 – 100km/h: 3.9s
- 8-speed Steptronic Sport automatic transmission
- Active M Differential
- Adaptive M Suspension
- BMW Head-Up Display
- BMW Individual Lights Shadow Line
- BMW Laserlight
- Comfort Access incl. BMW Digital Key
- Connected Package Professional incl. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- ConnectedDrive services
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Full leather ‘Merino’ upholstery
- Harman / Kardon surround sound system
- Interior trim finishers ‘Carbon Fibre’
- Live Cockpit Professional w/ M Drive Professional mode
- M Compound Brakes, Blue with M lettering
- M Sport Seats w/ Seat Heating, Electric adjustment with memory and M Seat belts
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Tyre pressure indicator
- Tyre repair kit
- Wireless smartphone charging
M Carbon Package
Warranty and Condition Based Servicing
As with all New Zealand-new BMW vehicles a five-year warranty, three year service inclusive programme and five year roadside assist coverage is fully included.
All maintenance requirements for the BMW M3 Competition Sedan and BMW M4 Competition Coupé are controlled by the Condition Based Servicing (CBS) system.
With CBS, sensors and advanced algorithms monitor and calculate the conditions in which a vehicle is used, including mileage, time elapsed since its last service, fuel consumption and how a vehicle is driven. Based on the information captured, maintenance requirements are determined, identifying whether an annual vehicle inspection or oil service is due.
Selected BMW service and maintenance costs can be covered by a single, one-off advance payment with BMW Service Inclusive (BSI), which is available in two packages: Basic or Plus.
- Ends -
The BMW Group
With its four brands BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorrad, the BMW Group is the world’s leading premium manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles and also provides premium financial and mobility services. The BMW Group production network comprises 31 production and assembly facilities in 15 countries; the company has a global sales network in more than 140 countries.
In 2020, the BMW Group sold over 2.3 million passenger vehicles and more than 169,000 motorcycles worldwide. The profit before tax in the financial year 2019 was € 7.118 billion on revenues amounting to € 104.210 billion. As of 31 December 2019, the BMW Group had a workforce of 126,016 employees.
The success of the BMW Group has always been based on long-term thinking and responsible action. The company has therefore established ecological and social sustainability throughout the value chain, comprehensive product responsibility and a clear commitment to conserving resources as an integral part of its strategy.
For further press/media information contact:
Telephone: 09 918 5555
Mobile: 021 269 0280