Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Africa, DOM, East Europe · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

BMW Group announces construction of new proving ground in the Czech Republic

Fri Dec 15 13:08:01 CET 2017Press Release

Company’s first development location in Eastern Europe +++ Testing of ground-breaking technologies, such as electrification, digitalisation and automated driving +++ Investment in three-digit-million € range +++ Several hundred new jobs +++ Commissioning of 500-hectare area planned for early next decade +++

Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Technology
·
Alternative Drive Systems, Mobility of the Future

BMW Group, in partnership with EVCARD, launches ReachNow car-sharing service in China

Mon Dec 04 16:10:14 CET 2017Press Release

Today, the BMW Group, in partnership with EVCARD, a Shanghai-based electric car-sharing company under Global Car-Sharing & Rental Co. Ltd., launches its car-sharing service in Chengdu under the co-brand “ReachNow Powered By EVCARD”.

I01
·
BMW i3
·
BMW i Automobile
·
Technology
·

SGL Group acquires BMW Group's minority interest in the joint venture SGL Automotive Carbon Fibers (SGL ACF)

Fri Nov 24 14:36:46 CET 2017Press Release

SGL Carbon SE will acquire the 49% stake in stages, becoming the sole owner of SGL ACF +++ Purchase is in line with the strategy of supplying every step of the carbon fiber value chain from a single source +++ Cooperation with BMW Group on the supply of carbon fiber materials will continue +++ No impact on BMW AG's shareholding in SGL Carbon SE +++

Plants, Facilities
·
Technology
·
Electrification

BMW Group invests 200 million euros in Battery Cell Competence Centre

Fri Nov 24 12:00:00 CET 2017Press Release

+++ Focus on technological expertise in battery-cell development and production +++ Fifth-generation electric drivetrain integrates electric motor, transmission and power electronics in a single component +++ Rare-earth-free electric motor ensures resource independence +++

Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
Electrification
·
Engines, Drivetrain
·
Production, Recycling
·

BMW Connected further expands its digital ecosystem. BMW is now integrated with the Google Assistant.

Wed Nov 08 12:51:27 CET 2017Press Release

BMW Connected ensures customers’ cars can be fully connected with an ever-increasingly number of digital touchpoints. And now with the Google Assistant, customers can enable easy and convenient operation of vehicle functions – from their customer’s home with voice-activated speakers like Google Home or while on the move via eligible Android phones and iPhones.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

BMW i is the official mobility partner of Web Summit 2017 in Lisbon.

Tue Oct 24 15:00:00 CEST 2017Press Release

Rethinking mobility and coming up with groundbreaking solutions for the automotive challenges of the future is the goal the BMW Group has set itself. And the BMW i brand serves as an incubator for innovations and the latest technologies – as attendees at the Web Summit will be able to experience for themselves. As the official mobility partner of Web Summit 2017, BMW i is joining forces with a powerful player in the world of technology conferences.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
BMW i Mobility Services
·
BMW i Beyond Automobiles
·
BMW i3
·
BMW i Automobile
·
BMW i8 Coupé

Digital lifestyle at the BMW Group: Seamless in-car integration of Amazon Alexa in BMW and MINI.

Wed Sep 27 22:00:00 CEST 2017Press Release

Munich/Seattle. The BMW Group is systematically expanding the intelligent connectivity capabilities of its vehicles by seamlessly integrating the highly versatile Alexa, Amazon’s voice-controlled personal assistant, into all BMW and MINI models from mid-2018.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

BMW model upgrade measures for the autumn of 2017.

Tue Sep 12 15:30:00 CEST 2017Press Release

New engine variants for the new BMW 5 Series Touring, the new BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo and the new BMW X3 – BMW X3 with exclusive exterior and interior options by BMW Individual – new light alloy wheels for the BMW X1 – BMW Connected+ with new personalised services – Microsoft Office 365 with Skype for Business available as new BMW Connected services – On-Street Parking Information utilizable in further cities.

G31
·
G32
·
G01
·
F49
·
Touring
·
5 Series
·
Gran Turismo
·
6 Series
·
X3
·
X1
·
Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

Statements by Harald Krüger, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, and Klaus Fröhlich, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development, IAA Preview 2017

Thu Sep 07 14:00:00 CEST 2017Speech

25 electrified models until 2025, 12 of which fully electric +++ Electrification across all brands and model series +++

Corporate
·
Board Member Speeches
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
Electrification
·

Smart Data Analytics: BMW Group relies on intelligent use of production data for efficient processes and premium quality

Thu Aug 31 11:00:00 CEST 2017Press Release

Data analysis creates growing added value for continuous improvement in the production system +++ Tangible improvement in system availability through connected production: Every minute saved means another vehicle built +++ Intelligent data management enables more accurate prediction of wear and guarantees consistently high quality – with reasonable cost and effort

Technology
·
Production, Recycling
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants

BMW Connected adds new, digital services.

Tue Jul 18 13:34:31 CEST 2017Press Release

Munich/Chicago. At the start of 2017, BMW used its recently launched 5 Series and BMW Connected Onboard – which made its debut in the new model – to showcase the potential unlocked by digital services in the area of personalisation. This is an important connectivity goal for the BMW Group. Building on this, the company is introducing a new era of highly personalised services at the Innovation Days 2017 event in the form of BMW Connected+.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

BMW Innovation Days 2017, Connectivity and digital services.

Thu Jul 13 14:00:00 CEST 2017Press Kit

The BMW Group is using the BMW Innovation Days 2017 – Connectivity and Digital Services event to both explore the state of play regarding the integration of vehicles into the customer’s digital world and to showcase the company’s latest developments in this field.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
5 Series
·
X3
·
BMW i3
·
BMW i Automobile

Automated driving at the BMW Group.

Tue May 30 13:46:00 CEST 2017Press Kit

Personal mobility and its industrial application are on the brink of a technological quantum leap. The car and the technologies that make it tick are set to change more in the next 10 years than they have in the past 30 combined. The BMW Group and its partners are working together on standards, platforms and a backend for the future of automated driving and would be delighted to welcome new partners into their alliance at any time. 

Technology
·
·
Driver Assistance Systems

BMW Group relying on innovation capabilities of German production locations for electro-mobility expansion

Tue May 02 10:00:00 CEST 2017Press Release

+++ BMW Group Plant Dingolfing to produce BMW iNEXT from 2021 +++ Plants will be able to build vehicles with combustion engine, plug-in hybrid or fully electric drive train in parallel +++

Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Technology
·
·
Production, Recycling
·
Electrification
·
Engines, Drivetrain
·
BMW i Automobile
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming.

INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW 2017.

Here you will see the highlights of the BMW Group press conference.

open streaming site

PressClub Information.

E-MAIL NOTIFICATION.

personal news settings

Please login and update your e-mail newsletter and RSS feed set up. You can receive PressClub e-mail notifications for new article and TV footage material immediately or as a daily collection. If you want limit the reception for your fields of interest.

Latest Facts & Figures.

Specifications of the new MINI Countryman, valid from May 2017.
Tue May 16 23:50:00 CEST 2017
Technical Data, Specifications
Specifications of the new MINI Countryman, valid from January 2017.
Tue Jan 17 23:50:00 CET 2017
Technical Data, Specifications
Show all

Related Video Content.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Updates
Top-Topic
Submit filter