PressClub Asia · Article.
The new BMW iX3
11.08.2021 Press Kit
Model update for the BMW iX3. Availability in the EU: Autumn 2021. Orders can be placed from: Now. Base price in Germany: € 67.300 including VAT.
send an e-mail
- Detailed model update for the BMW iX3 (electric power consumption combined: 18.9 – 18.5 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 0 g/km as per WLTP) optimises the car’s sporting aura and the driving pleasure it offers, as well as ease of operation and the premium character of the interior. Fresh design accents underscore the close conceptual and technological links between the all-electric Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) for the premium midsize class and the BMW iX and BMW i4.
- New BMW iX3 builds on its profile as a trailblazer for a new era of electric mobility. First model to feature fifth-generation BMW eDrive technology. Advanced overall concept coherence enables unique combination of sporting prowess, exceptional efficiency, and long-distance ability with a range of up to 460 kilometres (286 miles) in the WLTP test cycle.
- European premiere for the new BMW iX3 at the IAA Mobility 2021 event in Munich. Production to get underway at the BMW Brilliance Automotive joint venture’s Shenyang facility in China in September 2021 – both for the local market and for export.
- Front end with increased presence thanks to larger BMW kidney grille, headlights around ten millimetres slimmer than before and newly sculpted front apron. Muscular surfacing at the rear. Striking, three-dimensional LED rear lights. Model-specific accents in BMW i Blue at the front and rear.
- New BMW iX3 with standard M Sport package. New M aerodynamic wheels in 20-inch format optionally available as an alternative to the standard 19-inch aerodynamic wheels. Adaptive LED Headlights also included as standard. BMW Laserlight can be ordered as an option.
- Fully digital screen grouping now with a 12.3-inch instrument cluster and an enlarged control display matching its dimensions. Newly designed control panel on the centre console for the gear selector lever, BMW Controller, Start/Stop button and the buttons for the Driving Experience Control switch and parking brake.
- Sport seats in the new Sensatec perforated upholstery variant and interior trim strips in the new Aluminium Rhombicle dark finish come as standard. BMW i Blue accents on the gear selector lever, Start/Stop button and steering wheel.
- Highly integrated drive system with electric motor, transmission and power electronics in a single housing. Space-saving arrangement in the rear axle subframe, maximum output: 210 kW/286 hp, peak torque: 400 Nm (295 lb-ft). Power sent to the rear wheels, acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.8 seconds.
- Model-specific high-voltage battery with a gross energy content of 80 kWh. Combined Charging Unit enables direct current (DC) fast-charging at a rate of up to 150 kW. 10-minute fast charge adds around 100 kilometres (62 miles) of range in the WLTP cycle. User-friendly and low-cost charging in the international BMW Charging network with a single registration.
- Familiar BMW i holistic approach to sustainability throughout the value chain. Design of the electric motor enables use of rare earth metals to be avoided in the manufacture of the rotor. Extensive use of secondary raw materials. BMW Group oversees monitored procurement process for cobalt and lithium for high-voltage batteries. Manufacture of battery cells and the car as a whole powered by green energy alone.
- Two equipment lines to choose from: “Inspiring” includes metallic paintwork, adaptive suspension, automatic tailgate operation, a panoramic glass roof, electrically adjustable seats, a sport leather steering wheel, a storage package and a three-zone automatic climate control system with pre-heating and pre-conditioning function. “Impressive” adds 20-inch light-alloy wheels, acoustic glazing, Vernasca leather trim, BMW Head-Up Display, Harman Kardon Surround Sound System and BMW IconicSounds Electric.
- Exceptionally wide selection of driver assistance systems come as standard, including Driving Assistant Professional with the Steering and Lane Control Assistant, Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function, automatic Speed Limit Assist and route monitoring. Also standard: Parking Assistant with Reversing Assist Camera and Reversing Assistant.
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional with cloud-based navigation system BMW Maps and BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant as standard. Also standard: smartphone Integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto preparation, Remote Software Upgrade and other digital services from BMW Connected.
CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
Homologation numbers for German market:
NEFZ: [ ]; WLTP (combined): consumption: 18,9-18,5kWh/100km; CO2 emissions: 0 g/km; range: 453-461 km
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW iX3 (Long text version) PDF, EN, 3.09 MB
The new BMW iX3 (Highlights) PDF, EN, 629.32 KB
The new BMW iX3 (Specifications) PDF, EN, 99.21 KB