PressClub Global · Article.
BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor.
Thu Jul 11 00:00:00 CEST 2013 Press Kit
BMW is using the presentation of the new BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor at the outdoor activities summit meeting in Friedrichshafen to demonstrate how a compact vehicle can combine comfort and the use of space with the enjoyment of sports and leisure. The plug-in hybrid also offers a preview of drive variants that promise to feature in compact class vehicles in the future. The BMW eDrive concept familiar from the BMW i8, which enables the car to run on electric power alone (and therefore produce zero local emissions), will cover all the brand’s electric and plug-in hybrid drive systems in the years ahead. eDrive spans all the components of the BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor’s electric drive system, such as the electric motor (developed in-house), the lithium-ion high-performance battery and the intelligent energy management system. The combination of a combustion engine and an electric motor delivers sporting performance coupled with average fuel consumption of approximately 2.5 l/100 km (113 mpg imp) and C02 emissions of under 60 g/km.
send an e-mail
This article in other PressClubsShow all
The BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor will take to the stage at the OutDoor Friedrichshafen fair, treating the premium compact segment to another view of how interior space can be cleverly utilised for sport and leisure purposes. This concept car presents solutions that take a fresh route to combining sporting aesthetics and style with sustainable drive technology, compact dimensions and functionality. The environmentally friendly plug-in hybrid drive system, bringing together a combustion engine and an electric motor to provide a very special form of power delivery, ensures efficiency of the highest order.
- Compact dimensions, sporty design with generous levels of interior space. Variable rear compartment designed to accommodate sports and leisure equipment.
- Transversely mounted 1.5-litre petrol engine with front-wheel drive. New plug-in hybrid (PHEV) drive concept combines the benefits of an electric motor and the attributes of a traditional combustion engine to outstanding effect.
- Exclusive Gold Race Orange exterior paintwork accentuates the sporting appearance of the BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor.
- Easy-care, hard-wearing interior materials, such as MoonWhite and MoonRock Grey leather, stand up well to contact with outdoor equipment.
- A carrier system for two bicycles (integrated into the interior) and other clever details make the BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor the ideal companion for active recreational sports enthusiasts.