Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Global · Articles · Sport.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

An interview with Alexander Sims: “Formula E will be a fantastic mental challenge”.

Thu Nov 15 14:18:04 CET 2018Press Release

On 15th December, the opening race in Ad Diriyah (KSA) sees the BMW i Andretti Motorsport team get its first season in the ABB FIA Formula E Championship underway. BMW works driver Alexander Sims (GBR) will make his BMW iFE.18 race debut. In an interview, he evaluates the sporting and technical challenges of Formula E.

Automotive
·
Motorsport Drivers
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

Augusto Farfus to take on new challenges in GT racing with BMW from 2019 – Farewell to the DTM.

Thu Nov 15 09:01:23 CET 2018Press Release

Augusto Farfus (BRA) will embark on a new chapter in his successful racing career next season, when he will switch the focus of his commitment as a BMW works driver solely to GT racing. The Brazilian, who drove for BMW in the DTM from 2012 to 2018, will race with the BMW M8 GTE in the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) and in many prestigious GT events around the world with the BMW M6 GT3.

DTM
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA WEC

Racetrack premiere for the new turbo generation: BMW M Motorsport completes first test with the new 2019 season BMW M4 DTM.

Wed Nov 14 18:47:54 CET 2018Press Release

The new turbo era in the DTM has begun. Following a successful rollout, the new BMW M4 DTM for the 2019 season has made its racetrack debut. BMW M Motorsport completed the first winter test with the next generation BMW M4 DTM modified to meet Class 1 regulations at Estoril (POR) this week. The two BMW DTM drivers, Bruno Spengler (CAN) and Marco Wittmann (GER), took it in turns behind the wheel during the three days of testing.

DTM
·
BMW Motorsport

BMW expands technology partnership with the German Bobsleigh, Luge, and Skeleton Federation (BSD) and develops two-man bobsled prototype for the BSD.

Tue Nov 13 14:39:00 CET 2018Press Release

BMW and the German Bobsleigh, Luge, and Skeleton Federation have been engaged in an intensive collaboration since the 1980s. Since 2010, BMW has been Premium and Technology Partner, a role that has seen the Munich-based company use its automotive expertise to help the federation win numerous medals and titles. The technological support gained from the BMW engineers is now being expanded and a two-man bobsled prototype developed for Germany.

More Sports
·
BMW Wintersport

Seven cities in 20 days: The BMW iFE.18 is on a virtual world tour through well-known megacities.

Mon Nov 12 16:05:07 CET 2018Press Release

Munich. When the BMW iFE.18 takes to the track for the first time in the ABB FIA Formula E Championship in mid-December, the all-electric car will have already contested its first race. The new Formula E car’s virtual world tour came to a spectacular end in Hong Kong (CHN). By means of innovative motion mapping technology, the BMW iFE.18 completed an enthralling journey through seven cities on three continents.

BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

A successful season for the BMW M6 GT3 draws to a close on the streets of Macau.

Mon Nov 12 12:28:22 CET 2018Press Release

The 2018 season draws to a close for the BMW M6 GT3 with a genuine highlight this weekend, as BMW Team Schnitzer lines up at the FIA GT World Cup, which forms part of the Macau Grand Prix (CHN). BMW works driver Augusto Farfus (BRA) will be at the wheel of the number 42 car.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
Motorsport Cars
·
Motorsport Events

Road to Daytona: Successful first test for Alessandro Zanardi in the BMW M8 GTE.

Fri Nov 09 16:52:25 CET 2018Press Release

BMW works driver Alessandro Zanardi (ITA) has successfully completed his first test in the BMW M8 GTE in preparation for the 24-hour race at Daytona (USA) in January. This week, BMW M Motorsport and Zanardi spent three days testing at Miramas in the south of France. Although rain meant the conditions were not ideal, Zanardi was still able to get plenty of laps under his belt with the BMW M8 GTE.

BMW Motorsport
·
IMSA Series
·
Alessandro Zanardi
·
More Sports

BMW Motorrad Motorsport will be competing with Shaun Muir Racing in the WorldSBK – with a well-known rider duo: Tom Sykes and Markus Reiterberger.

Tue Nov 06 10:20:00 CET 2018Press Release

In the upcoming 2019 season, BMW Motorrad Motorsport will compete in the FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK) with the new BMW S 1000 RR. This will take place in collaboration with Shaun Muir Racing. The British team headed by Shaun Muir will appear as BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team and will be competing with a well-known riding duo: the 2013 Superbike World Champion Tom Sykes (GBR) and Markus Reiterberger (GER).

Motorcycle Sports
·
Motorrad Motorsport

Turbulent WorldSBK finale in the Qatari desert – BMW racer Glenn Allerton successful in Australia.

Mon Oct 29 14:05:27 CET 2018Press Release

The 2018 season in the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship drew to a close at the weekend, at the “Losail International Circuit” near Doha, Qatar. Loris Baz (FRA), from the Gulf Althea BMW team, claimed another top-six placing at the finale. The NextGen Motorsports Team was in action in the supporting programme for the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix – with a successful appearance from Glenn Allerton (AUS).

Motorcycle Sports
·
Motorrad Motorsport
·
Race Trophy
·
Customer Racing

Baja Portalegre 500, 2018 – Round 11, FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup.

Sat Oct 27 21:32:07 CEST 2018Press Release

• One-two result for MINI at Baja Portalegre 500. • MINI John Cooper Works Rally take top two podium positions. • Joan “Nani” Roma / Alex Haro win in Portugal. • Stéphane Peterhansel and co-driver David Castera complete successful MINI debut ahead of Dakar 2019.

MINI Motorsport
·
Cross Country Rallies

50 years of BMW Turbo Power in motorsport: Roll-out of the BMW M4 DTM with two-litre turbo engine adds a new chapter and heralds a new era.

Sat Oct 27 17:30:42 CEST 2018Press Release

Focus firmly on the 2019 DTM season: The BMW M4 DTM, modified to comply with Class 1 regulations and powered by the newly-developed BMW two-litre turbo engine, made its first appearance at BMW Group Plant Dingolfing. With BMW works driver Bruno Spengler (CAN) at the wheel, the car completed its first kilometres with BMW Turbo Power.

DTM
·
BMW Motorsport

Baja Portalgre 500, 2018 – Round 11, FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup.

Tue Oct 23 17:04:34 CEST 2018Press Release

• Two MINI John Cooper Works Rally to compete at Baja Portalegre 500, 25-27th October. • Stéphane Peterhansel and new co-driver David Castera to debut in MINI JCW Rally as part of final preparations for Dakar 2019. • Joan “Nani” Roma / Alex Haro continue pre-Dakar development tests of MINI JCW Rally at Baja Portalegre 500.

Sport
·
Automotive
·
MINI Motorsport
·
Cross Country Rallies

Successful title defence: BMW racer Carmelo Morales crowned champion again in Spain.

Mon Oct 22 12:56:00 CEST 2018Press Release

Celebrations for the Graphenano EasyRace SBK Team: Carmelo Morales (ESP) has successfully defended his title in the Spanish Championship (RFME CEV). Morales was crowned champion for the second time in a row on his BMW S 1000 RR at the weekend. Morales’ success takes the number of titles won this season by racers from the BMW Motorrad Motorsport community to ten.

Motorcycle Sports
·
Motorrad Motorsport
·
Race Trophy
·
Customer Racing

BMW i Andretti Motorsport leads the way again on final day of Valencia testing.

Fri Oct 19 21:50:28 CEST 2018Press Release

An intense week draws to a successful close. As on Tuesday and Wednesday, the fastest time on the third, and final, day of testing in the ABB FIA Formula E Championship went to a BMW i Andretti Motorsport driver. Alexander Sims (GBR), at the wheel of the #27 BMW iFE.18, was the fastest of all drivers at Valencia (ESP) on Friday, setting a time of 1:17.402 minutes.

BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

Fuel consumption in the legal EU test cycle: 0.0 l/100 km; combined power consumption: 13.6/13.1 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 0 g/km

Media Set  

Sustainable from start to finish: BMW Outdoor Ambassador Stefan Glowacz completes his latest expedition with trip in a BMW i3.

Fri Oct 19 08:00:00 CEST 2018Press Release

Electrically powered driving pleasure on the road, sailing on the Atlantic, on skis over the ice of Greenland – the final stage of his longest adventure to date takes the extreme climber to BMW Welt in Munich.

I01
·
More Sports
·
BMW Outdoor
·
BMW i3
·
BMW i Automobiles

Strong performance from the BMW iFE.18 at Valencia.

Wed Oct 17 18:46:22 CEST 2018Press Release

BMW i Andretti Motorsport kicked off the official test drives for the ABB FIA Formula E Championship at Valencia (ESP) with very good results. At the “Circuit Ricardo Tormo”, both BMW works drivers Alexander Sims (GBR) and António Félix da Costa (POR) set a best time of the day each at the wheel of their BMW iFE.18 cars.

BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming.

PARIS MOTOR SHOW.

Here you will see the on demand transmission of the BMW Group Conference.

open streaming site

PressClub Information.

WHATSAPP NEWSFEED.

Register for our WhatsApp News service to be notified of new articles from directly on your smartphone.

More information

CO2 emission information.

The following applies to consumption figures for vehicles with new type approval, September 2017 onward: The figures for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and energy consumption are obtained in accordance with the specified measuring procedure (EC Regulation No. 715/2007), as issued and amended. The figures are for a basic-version vehicle in Germany. The bandwidths allow for differences in the choice of wheel and tire sizes and items of optional equipment and can be changed by the configuration.

Obtained on the basis of the new "Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure" (WLTP), the figures are converted back to the "New European Driving Cycle" (NEDC) for the sake of comparability. Values other than those stated here may be used for the purposes of taxation and for other vehicle-related duties relating to CO2 emissions.

More information about official fuel consumption figures and the official specific CO2 emissions of new passenger cars can be obtained from the "guideline on fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and current consumption of new passenger cars", available here: https://www.dat.de/co2/.

Latest Facts & Figures.

Specifications of the BMW i8 Roadster, valid from 09/2018.
Mon Nov 05 14:30:00 CET 2018
I15
BMW i Automobiles
Specifications of the BMW i8 Coupe, valid from 09/2018.
Mon Nov 05 14:24:00 CET 2018
I12 LCI
BMW i8 Coupé
Specifications of the BMW M5, valid from 09/2018.
Mon Nov 05 13:54:00 CET 2018
F90
BMW M Automobiles
Specifications of the BMW M4 Coupe, valid from 09/2018.
Mon Nov 05 13:48:00 CET 2018
F82
Coupé
Specifications of the BMW M4 Convertible, valid from 09/2018.
Mon Nov 05 13:39:00 CET 2018
F83
BMW M Automobiles
Show all

Related Videos.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Spanish
  • Language of file attachment