PressClub Global · Article.
BMW at the 86th Geneva International Motor Show 2016.
01.03.2016 Press Kit
BMW will use this year’s Geneva International Motor Show, taking place on 3 – 13 March, to present the world premiere of the new BMW M760Li xDrive. Also making its debut appearance will be the iPerformance model designation which, from July 2016, will identify the transfer of technology from BMW i to the BMW core brand in all BMW plug-in hybrid vehicles.
send an e-mail
This article in other PressClubs
PressClub Africa, DOM, East Europe (EN) PressClub Africa, DOM, East Europe (EN) PressClub Belux (FR) PressClub Belux (NL) PressClub Bulgaria PressClub Canada PressClub Ceska PressClub Hungary PressClub Italy (IT) PressClub Italy (IT) PressClub Japan PressClub Middle East PressClub Netherlands PressClub Poland PressClub Portugal (PT) PressClub Portugal (PT) PressClub Romania PressClub Slovenia PressClub South Africa (EN) PressClub South Africa (EN) PressClub Spain PressClub United KingdomShow all
Output and acceleration figures for the new BMW M760Li xDrive were adjusted.
- World premiere: The new BMW M760Li xDrive raises the bar in the sporting luxury sedan segment as the flagship variant of the successfully launched BMW 7 Series model range. The first ever M Performance TwinPower Turbo 12-cylinder petrol engine generates 448 kW/610 hp* and sprints from 0 to 100 km/h / 62 mph in 3.7 seconds* (fuel consumption combined: 12.6 l/100 km [22.4 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 294 g/km)**.
- The new iPerformance model designation, which will be given to all BMW plug-in hybrid vehicles from July 2016, provides a visible indicator of the transfer of technology from BMW i to the BMW core brand. It will be seen first on the plug-in hybrid variants of the new BMW 7 Series, e.g. the BMW 740e iPerformance. The iPerformance models will benefit from the transfer of technical expertise regarding electric motors, battery cells and electronic control systems. Visible indicators, meanwhile, are a BMW i logo on the front side panel, BMW i-style blue elements in the kidney grille and wheel hubs, and an eDrive logo on the C-pillar. Customers can also make use of the BMW i 360° ELECTRIC range of products and services, including the BMW i Wallbox.
- The new BMW M2 takes to the stage with BMW M Performance Parts. A wide variety of components are available for the compact high-performance sports machine which enhance its dynamics and individualise its design.
- BMW i presents the BMW i8 Protonic Red Edition special-edition model and highlights its success on various fronts. BMW i has achieved the largest market presence of any premium supplier of electric vehicles worldwide and offers the world’s only car with a certified carbon footprint*** in the shape of the BMW i3.
- BMW ConnectedDrive presents the On-Street Parking Information intelligent search function – which helps drivers to locate a free parking space in cities more quickly – and other services.
* Provisional performance data.
** Fuel consumption figures are provisional, calculated according to the EU test cycle and may vary depending on the tyre format specified.
*** Certified by TÜV SÜD.
Article Offline Attachments.
BMW at the 86th Geneva International Motor Show 2016. PDF, EN, 235.08 KB
BMW en el 86 Salón Internacional del Automóvil de Ginebra 2016. PDF, ES, 241.67 KB
BMW au 86e Salon international de l’Automobile de Genève. PDF, FR, 296.91 KB
BMW all’86° Salone internazionale dell’automobile di Ginevra 2016. PDF, IT, 228.21 KB