PressClub Global · Article.
The new BMW X2. Exciting looks, sparkling dynamics.
Wed Oct 25 18:00:00 CEST 2017 Press Kit
The attractive, exciting, extrovert new BMW X2 will celebrate its market premiere in March 2018. With a design oozing individuality from every pore and a sporty suspension set-up, the BMW X2 pushes back boundaries, puts a firework under old habits and brings previously uncharted levels of driving pleasure to this vehicle segment.
send an e-mail
This article in other PressClubsShow all
The new BMW X2.
- The new BMW X2 will celebrate its market premiere in March 2018.
- The new BMW X2 appeals primarily to a young and young-at-heart, urban and active target group who are keen to see their personal character reflected on the road through an emotionally-engaging car.
- The Sports Activity Coupe is a BMW with a standalone character. Its head-turning design combines the discreet robustness of a BMW X model with the athletic potency of a coupe.
- As well as the standard BMW X2, customers can also choose from the BMW X2 M Sport and M Sport X models. The latter brings together design elements from BMW M and the BMW X family. Separate lines are not available for the BMW X2.
- A host of design details underscore the distinctive character of the BMW X2. These include the BMW roundel on the C-pillars and the styling of the kidney grille, whose outline is wider at its base than at its top (for the first time on a modern BMW).
- Available for the first time on a BMW are the exterior colour shades Galvanic Gold metallic and Misano Blue metallic, plus perforated Dakota leather in Magma Red and the Micro Hexagon fabric Anthracite/Alcantara combination in Black with M piping and yellow contrast stitching.
- Three engine/transmission variants are offered from launch: the BMW X2 xDrive20i petrol model with 141 kW / 192 hp (fuel consumption combined: 5.9 – 5.5 l/100 km [47.9 – 51.4 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 134 – 126 g/km)*, plus the X2 xDrive20d diesel variant with 140 kW / 190 hp (fuel consumption combined: 4.8 – 4.6 l/100 km [58.9 – 61.4 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 126 – 121 g/km)* and X2 xDrive25d diesel with 170 kW / 231 hp (fuel consumption combined: 5.3 – 5.1 l/100 km [53.3 – 55.4 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 139 – 133 g/km)*. Both diesel cars come as standard with xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive and the eight-speed Steptronic transmission. The petrol model is fitted with the sporty seven-speed Steptronic dual-clutch transmission.
- Further attractive model variants will be added to the Sports Activity Coupe line-up in early 2018 – in the shape of the three-cylinder X2 sDrive18i and the four-cylinder X2 xDrive20i, X2 sDrive18d and X2 xDrive18d. The outputs of the petrol models range from 103 kW / 140 hp in the X2 sDrive18i (with manual gearbox, fuel consumption combined: 6.3 – 6.0 l/100 km [44.8 – 47.1 mpg imp], CO2 emissions combined: 144 – 138 g/km**; with seven-speed Steptronic dual-clutch transmission, fuel consumption combined: 6.2 – 5.9 l/100 km [45.6 – 47.9 mpg imp], CO2 emissions combined: 141 – 135 g/km**) up to 141 kW /192 hp in the X2 xDrive20i (fuel consumption combined: 6.2 – 6.1 l/100 km [45.6 – 46.3 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 142 – 138 g/km**). The diesel X2 sDrive18d (with manual gearbox, fuel consumption combined: 4.6 – 4.5 l/100 km [61.4 – 62.8 mpg imp], CO2 emissions combined: 121 – 119 g/km**; with eight-speed Steptronic transmission, fuel consumption combined: 4.7 – 4.5 l/100 km [60.1 – 62.8 mpg imp], CO2 emissions combined: 124 – 118 g/km**) and X2 xDrive18d (fuel consumption combined: 5.2 – 4.8 l/100 km [54.3 – 58.9 mpg imp], CO2 emissions combined: 137 – 128 g/km**) have 110 kW / 150 hp.
- The options list for the BMW X2 includes the latest generation of BMW ConnectedDrive and the most recent update of the BMW Connected App. Optional functions such as Apple CarPlay and an array of driver assistance systems serve up a connected driving experience. Among the optional equipment features offered exclusively by the BMW X2 in this segment is the full-colour BMW Head-Up Display.
* Fuel consumption figures are based on the EU test cycle and may vary depending on the tyre format specified.
** Fuel consumption figures are provisional, based on the EU test cycle and may vary depending on the tyre format specified.
The fuel consumption and CO2 emissions figures shown were determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version applicable at the time of type approval. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany and the range shown considers the different size of the selected wheels and tires. The values of the vehicles labelled with (**) are already based on the new WLTP regulation and are translated back into NEDC-equivalent values in order to ensure the comparison between the vehicles. With respect to these vehicles, for vehicle-related taxes or other duties based (at least inter alia) on CO2 emissions, the CO2 values may differ to the values stated here (depending on national legislation).
The CO2 efficiency specifications are determined according to Directive 1999/94/EC and the Pkw-EnVKV, and based (for classification) on the fuel consumption and CO2 values as per the NEDC cycle.
Further information on official fuel consumption figures and specific CO2 emission values of new passenger cars is included in the following guideline: “Leitfaden über Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen” (Guideline for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption of new passenger cars), which can be obtained free of charge from all dealerships and at https://www.dat.de/en/offers/publications/guideline-for-fuel-cons
CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
Fuel consumption, combined: 6.3 – 4.5 l/100 km,
CO2 emissions, combined: 144 – 118 g/km.
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW X2 – Highlights. PDF, EN, 7.21 MB
The new BMW X2 – Short Version. PDF, EN, 74.45 KB
The new BMW X2 – Long Version. PDF, EN, 180.7 KB
The new BMW X2 – Specifications. PDF, EN, 286.86 KB
The new BMW X2 – Interactive PR. PDF, EN, 11.94 MB