PressClub Global · Article.
The all-new BMW X4 is coming.
14.02.2018 Press Kit
The all-new BMW X4 (fuel consumption combined: 9.0 – 5.4 l/100 km [31.4 – 52.3 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 209 – 142 g/km)* makes its mark by delivering individuality, dynamism and innovation in far greater doses. It is here to write the next chapter in the success story of the first ever Sports Activity Coupe at the premium end of the mid-size class.
send an e-mail
This article in other PressClubs
- Welcome to the next chapter in the success story of the first ever Sports Activity Coupe in the mid-size class, which has racked up approx. 200,000 sales. Second generation of the BMW X4 places a far greater emphasis on sportiness and expressive design. World premiere at the International Motor Show in Geneva in March 2018.
- Exterior design of the all-new BMW X4 is a picture of powerful agility and self-assured presence. Increase in length (+81 mm), width (+37 mm) and wheelbase length (+54 mm) compared with the outgoing model. With extravagantly styled and dynamically stretched lines, the new Sports Activity Coupe adds an eye-catching athlete to the BMW X model family.
- Modern, premium feel in the interior. Trademark blend of robustness and high-class elegance. Cockpit is designed clearly around the driver, in typical BMW fashion. Redesigned sports seats and knee pads.
- xLine, M Sport X and M Sport variants enable effective personalisation. The BMW X4 is available for the first time with exclusive options from the BMW Individual portfolio, allowing a vehicle configuration closely tailored to the customer’s personal style.
- Broad range of engines featuring three petrol and three diesel units and power outputs between 135 kW/184 hp and 265 kW/360 hp (fuel consumption combined: 9.0 – 5.4 l/100 km [31.4 – 52.3 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 209 – 142 g/km)*. Drive power is relayed via an eight-speed Steptronic transmission and BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive (both standard on all models).
- Two BMW M Performance models available: BMW X4 M40i and BMW X4 M40d boast phenomenally powerful engines, plus model-specific design and equipment features.
- Noticeably superior driving dynamics courtesy of extensively upgraded and lighter chassis technology tuned specifically for the X4. First-class chassis systems fitted as standard or available as options: Variable Sport Steering, Performance Control, Adaptive M suspension, M Sport differential and M Sport brakes.
- Vehicle weight lowered by up to 50 kilograms compared to the predecessor model, thanks to BMW EfficientLightweight measures. Most efficient aerodynamics in its segment: drag coefficient (Cd) of 0.30.
- Latest version of the iDrive operating system and intelligent voice control fitted as standard, Control Display with touchscreen functionality and BMW gesture control available as options.
- State-of-the-art driving assistance systems enhance comfort and safety; optional Driving Assistant Plus including Steering and lane control assistant plus Lane Keeping Assistant with side collision protection.
- Comprehensive portfolio of services from BMW ConnectedDrive. BMW Connected personal mobility assistant provides seamless connectivity between the customer’s car and their digital lifestyle.
All figures relating to performance, consumption and emissions are provisional.
The fuel consumption and CO2 emissions figures shown were determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version applicable at the time of type approval. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany. The range shown considers the different sizes of the selected wheels/tyres and the selected items of optional equipment, and may change during the configuration process. The values for the vehicles marked * are already based on the new WLTP legislation and have been translated back into NEDC-equivalent values in order to ensure comparability between the vehicles. With respect to these vehicles, for vehicle-related taxes or other duties based (at least inter alia) on CO2 emissions, the CO2 values may differ from the values stated here (depending on national legislation).
Further information on official fuel consumption figures and specific CO2 emission values of new passenger cars is included in the following guideline: 'Leitfaden über den Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen' (Guideline for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption of new passenger cars), which can be obtained free of charge from all dealerships and at https://www.dat.de/angebote/verlagsprodukte/leitfaden-kraftstoffverbrauch.html.
CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
fuel consumption combined: 9.0 – 5.4 l/100 km [31.4 – 52.3 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 209 – 142 g/km
Article Offline Attachments.
The all-new BMW X4 - Highlights. PDF, EN, 894.66 KB
The all-new BMW X4 - Short Version. PDF, EN, 222.8 KB
The all-new BMW X4 - Long Version. PDF, EN, 222.36 KB
The all-new BMW X4 - Specifications. PDF, EN, 281.17 KB