Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Global · Articles · BMW M.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

Change of leadership at the top of BMW M GmbH.

11.10.2021Press Release

Franciscus van Meel reassumes chief executive position in the BMW Group subsidiary responsible for performance and high-performance automobiles. Markus Flasch is soon to head the product lines Rolls-Royce, BMW luxury and upper class as well as the BMW midrange class.

G26
·
F87
·
F90
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
M5
·
BMW i
·
M2
·
BMW i4

Sustainably produced and highly individual: BMW M4 small series takes shape using new paint process

01.10.2021Press Release

+++ BMW Group Plant Dingolfing pilots new paint process +++ Overspray-free paint application opens up a wide range of possibilities for customisation +++ Unique combination of customer benefits and sustainability +++ Technology boosts both resource and energy efficiency +++

G82
·
Environment
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
BMW Group Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Sustainability
·
Production, Recycling
·
Coupé
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
M4

BMW i4 M50: power consumption combined: 22.5 to 18.0 kWh/100km WLTP; CO2 emissions combined: 0 g/km WLTP - preliminary data.

Media Set  

Official Car of MotoGP™: BMW M presents the new BMW i4 M50 Safety Car for the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup.

02.08.2021Press Release

Presenting the first fully-electric safety car from BMW M: BMW M GmbH, the “Official Car of MotoGP™”, will unveil the new BMW i4 M50 Safety Car for the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup at the Motorcycle Grand Prix of Austria on 15th August at the Red Bull Ring (AUT). It will replace the BMW i8 Safety Car, which has previously led the field in the electric motorcycle series, which takes place on the support programme for MotoGP™.

G26
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
i4 M50
·
Official Car of MotoGP

BMW X3 M Competition combined fuel consumption: 11.0 – 10.6 l/100 km (WLTP); combined CO2 emissions: 250 - 246 g/km (WLTP). BMW X4 M Competition combined fuel consumption: 10.9 – 10.5 l/100 km (WLTP); combined CO2 emissions: 247 - 238 g/km (WLTP).

Media Set  

The new BMW X3 M Competition and the new BMW X4 M Competition.

09.06.2021Press Kit

Two years after the launch of the first BMW M GmbH High Performance models for the BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle and the BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupé, the BMW M variants of the SAV and SAC for the mid-size segment are now undergoing a comprehensive refresh.

F97
·
F98
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
X3 M
·
X4 M

BMW i4 eDrive40: NEFZ [ ]; WLTP (combined): power consumption: 19.1-16.1 kWh/100km; CO2 emissions: 0 g/km; range: 493-590 km

Media Set  

The first-ever BMW i4.

02.06.2021Press Kit

The BMW i4 and BMW iX together mark the next major step in the BMW Group transformation towards a 50% global share of fully-electric vehicle sales in 2030. Therefore it is only logical that both vehicles are launching at the same time.  See here all details on the first-ever BMW i4.  For the BMW iX please refer to the separate communications on BMW Group Pressclub

G26
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
BMW i
·
i4 M50
·
BMW i4
·
Technology
·
Electrification

combined fuel consumption: 7.7 – 6.9 l/100 km (WLTP), 6.4 - 6.0 l/100 km (NEDC); combined CO2 emissions: 176 - 158 g/km (WLTP), 147 - 138 g/km (NEDC).

Media Set  

BMW model upgrade measures for the summer of 2021.

27.05.2021Press Release

Extension of drive portfolio for the new BMW 4 Series Coupe and the new BMW 4 Series Convertible – New exterior colours and seat surfaces for models of the BMW 3 Series and BMW 4 Series – Lane Departure Warning with optimised functionality – 4-zone automatic climate control including nanoparticle filter now also for the BMW 5 Series Sedan, the BMW 5 Series Touring, the BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo and the BMW M5 – FSC-certified, sustainable natural rubber ...

G22
·
G23
·
G30
·
G31
·
G32
·
F90
·
G05
·
Coupé
·
3 Series
·
Touring
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
1 Series
·
Gran Turismo
·
M5
·
Gran Coupé
·
Convertible
·
5 Series

BMW M GmbH and Hans Zimmer co-develop the emotionally engaging driving sound for electrified BMW M models.

11.05.2021Press Release

Ongoing expansion of the range of sounds for electric vehicles. BMW IconicSounds Electric enriches electric mobility with a fascinating and unmistakable sonic experience. Collaboration with the Academy Award winner produces a new, characteristic driving sound for the BMW i4, the M version of the BMW i4 and the BMW iX.

G26
·
i20
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Acoustics, Aerodynamics
·
BMW i4

10.2 – 9.9 l/100 km [27.7 – 28.5 mpg imp] in the WLTP cycle, 10.2 l/100 km [27.7 mpg imp] in NEDC; CO2 emissions combined: 233 – 227 g/km in WLTP, 234 g/km in NEDC.

Media Set  

BMW M Design Talk: The BMW M4 meets the BMW M4 GT3.

22.04.2021Press Release

Video highlights the common ground between the BMW M4 Competition and the BMW M4 GT3 racing car.

G82
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
Coupé
·
Design, Concepts, Studies
·
M4

Combined power consumption: < 21 kWh/100km in the WLTP test cycle*; CO2 emissions combined: 0 g/km. *Data on driving performance, energy consumption and range are preliminary and based on forecasts.

Media Set  

World premiere for the BMW iX and the latest generation of BMW iDrive with new digital services for China.

19.04.2021Press Release

At the Auto Shanghai 2021 show, BMW is focusing squarely on the future technologies of electric mobility, sustainability and seamless connectivity between the customer’s vehicle and their digital lifestyle.

BMW M3 Competition Sedan with M xDrive: combined fuel consumption: 10.1 – 10.0 l/100 km (WLTP); combined CO2 emissions: 231 - 228 g/km (WLTP). BMW M4 Competition Coupé with M xDrive:  combined fuel consumption: 10.1 – 10.0 l/100 km (WLTP); combined CO2 emissions: 230 - 227 g/km (WLTP).

Media Set  

High performance with added variety: M xDrive makes its debut in the BMW M3 and BMW M4.

19.04.2021Press Release

Bespoke M all-wheel-drive system for the new BMW M3 Competition Sedan and BMW M4 Competition Coupé takes dynamics, agility and precision up another notch. Launch of the additional model variants gets underway in July 2021.

G80
·
G82
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
Coupé
·
M4
·
M3

BMW M5 CS: fuel consumption, combined: 11.3 – 11.1 l/100 km [25.0 – 25.5 mpg imp] correspond to NEDC; 11.3 – 10.9 l/100 km correspond to WLTP, CO2 emissions, combined: 258 – 253 g/km correspond to NEDC, 257 – 248 g/km correspond to WLTP

Media Set  

BMW M Award in MotoGP™: The new BMW M5 CS is the spectacular winner’s car for 2021.

16.04.2021Press Release

The BMW M Award competition is an integral part of MotoGP™. In 2021, the prize will be presented to the fastest qualifier for the 19th time. The 2021 winner can once again look forward to a real highlight, a new BMW M5 CS (fuel consumption, combined: 11.3 – 11.1 l/100 km [25.0 – 25.5 mpg imp] correspond to NEDC; 11,3 – 10,9 l/100 km correspond to WLTP, CO2 emissions, combined: 258 – 253 g/km correspond to NEDC, 257 – 248 g/km correspond to WLTP)*.

F90
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
Official Car of MotoGP
·
M5

‘Timo’s Discovery’: BMW works driver Timo Glock visits BMW Individual Manufaktur.

10.03.2021Press Release

As part of a video series, BMW works driver Timo Glock (GER) takes his viewers on a discovery tour through numerous exciting areas of activity and projects within the BMW Group. ‘Timo’s Discovery’ offers exclusive looks behind the scenes. In episode 4, Glock visits BMW Individual Manufaktur.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
BMW Individual

Fuel consumption combined: 9.8 – 9.6 l/100 km [28.8 – 29.4 mpg imp] in WLTP; CO2 emissions combined: 224 – 219 g/km in WLTP.

Media Set  

The new BMW M3 Competition Sedan and the new BMW M4 Competition Coupé - Additional pictures and footage.

10.03.2021Press Release

Please find attached on location pictures and footage of the International Media Launch of the new BMW M3 Competition Sedan and the new BMW M4 Competition Coupé.

G80
·
G82
·
BMW M Automobiles
·
Coupé
·
M4
·
M3

BMW M presents comprehensive new safety car fleet for MotoGP™ 2021.

09.03.2021Press Release

Preparations are underway for the 2021 season in the MotoGP World Championship, which begins on 28th March with the Grand Prix of Qatar in Losail. BMW M has been the ‘Official Car of MotoGP’ since 1999, an involvement that includes the provision of the safety car fleet. This year marks the first time that BMW M GmbH is presenting three new safety cars and a new safety bike.

BMW M Automobiles
·
Official Car of MotoGP
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming

IAA MOBILITY 2021.

Here you can see our on demand webcasts from the IAA Mobility 2021, with the BMW Group Keynote, the Analyst and Investor Evening Event and the discussion forum "The car as the engine of the circular economy?".

Open Streaming Page

PressClub Information

EMAIL MESSAGES.

Edit your settings

Please log in and update the settings for your email newsletter. You can receive notifications for new articles and video material immediately or as a daily summary.

CO2 emission information.

The following applies to consumption figures for vehicles with new type approval, September 2017 onward: The figures for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and energy consumption are obtained in accordance with the specified measuring procedure (EC Regulation No. 715/2007), as issued and amended. The figures are for a basic-version vehicle in Germany. The bandwidths allow for differences in the choice of wheel and tire sizes and items of optional equipment and can be changed by the configuration.

Obtained on the basis of the new "Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure" (WLTP), the figures are converted back to the "New European Driving Cycle" (NEDC) for the sake of comparability. Values other than those stated here may be used for the purposes of taxation and for other vehicle-related duties relating to CO2 emissions.

More information about official fuel consumption figures and the official specific CO2 emissions of new passenger cars can be obtained from the "guideline on fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and current consumption of new passenger cars", available here: https://www.dat.de/co2/.

Related Videos.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Spanish
  • Language of file attachment
  • Arabic
  • Chinese
  • Chinese (simplified)
  • English