PressClub Italia · Article.
The new BMW M2 Competition.
Wed Apr 18 00:01:00 CEST 2018 Press Kit
With the new BMW M2 Competition (combined fuel consumption with six-speed manual gearbox: 10,0 – 9,9 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 228 – 225 g/km*; combined with optional M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT): 9,2 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 210 – 209 g/km)*, BMW M GmbH is setting fresh benchmarks in the compact high-performance sports car segment and adding marked refinement to the character of the BMW M2 Coupé.
send an e-mail
- New six-cylinder in-line engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, based on the power unit from the BMW M3/M4, three-litre cubic capacity, 302 kW/410 HP, peak torque of 550 Nm (combined fuel consumption with six-speed manual gearbox: 10,0 – 9,9 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 228 – 225 g/km*; combined with optional M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT): 9,2 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 210 – 209 g/km)*.
- Sprint from 0 to 100 km/h: 4.2 s (with six-speed manual gearbox 4.4 s), top speed: 250 km/h (limited), 280 km/h with M Driver´s Package (limited).
- High-precision CFRP strut and bulkhead strut for increased front section rigidity.
- New cooling system, including new front skirt and larger, redesigned BMW kidney in high-gloss black.
- New dual exhaust system with two electrically-controlled flaps.
- New, optional M Sport brakes with brake calipers painted grey.
- New optional M Sport bucket seat with integrated headrests and illuminated M2 badge at shoulder height.
- Selector switches for immediate access to various engine and steering characteristics, as well as DCT settings via Drivelogic.
- Exclusive new metallic Hockenheim Silver paint.
- The BMW M2 Competition replaces its predecessor, the BMW M2 Coupé.
* The fuel consumption and CO2 emissions figures shown were determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version
applicable at the time of type approval. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany and the range shown considers the different size of the selected wheels and tires. The values of the vehicles labelled with (*) are already based on the new WLTP regulation and are translated back into NEDC-equivalent values in order to ensure the comparison between the vehicles. With respect to these vehicles, for vehicle-related taxes or other duties based (at least inter alia) on CO2 emissions, the CO2 values may differ to the values stated here (depending on national legislation).
The CO2 efficiency specifications are determined according to Directive 1999/94/EC and the Pkw-EnVKV, and based (for classification) on the fuel consumption and CO2 values as per the NEDC cycle.
Further information on official fuel consumption figures and specific CO2 emission values of new passenger cars is included in the following guideline: “Leitfaden über Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen” (Guideline for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption of new passenger cars), which can be obtained free of charge from all dealerships and at https://www.dat.de/en/offers/publications/guideline-for-fuel-consumption.html.
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW M2 Competition - Highlights. PDF, IT, 550,4 KB
The new BMW M2 Competition - Longversion. PDF, IT, 276,31 KB
The new BMW M2 Competition - Technical data. PDF, IT, 670,27 KB