PressClub Portugal · Article.
The new BMW M2 Competition.
30.07.2018 Dossier de imprensa
With the new BMW M2 Competition (combined fuel consumption with sixspeed manual gearbox: 10,0 – 9,8 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 227 – 224 g/km*; combined with optional M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT): 9,2 – 9,0 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 209 – 206 g/km)*,BMW M GmbH is setting fresh benchmarks in the compact high-performance sports car segment and adding marked refinement to the character of the BMW M2 Coupé.
send an e-mail
- New six-cylinder in-line engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology,
based on the power unit from the BMW M3/M4, three-litre cubic
capacity, 302 kW/410 HP, peak torque of 550 Nm
(combined fuel consumption with sixspeed manual gearbox: 10,0 – 9,8 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 227 – 224 g/km*; combined with optional M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT): 9,2 – 9,0 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 209 – 206 g/km)*.
Sprint from 0 to 100 km/h: 4.2 s (with six-speed manual gearbox 4.4 s), top speed: 250 km/h (limited), 280 km/h with M Driver´s Package (limited).
- High-precision CFRP strut and bulkhead strut for increased front section rigidity.
- New cooling system, including new front skirt and larger, redesigned BMW kidney in high-gloss black.
- New dual exhaust system with two electrically-controlled flaps.
- New, optional M Sport brakes with brake calipers painted grey.
- New optional M Sport bucket seat with integrated headrests and illuminated M2 badge at shoulder height.
- Selector switches for immediate access to various engine and steering characteristics, as well as DCT settings via Drivelogic.
- Exclusive new metallic Hockenheim Silver paint.
- The BMW M2 Competition replaces its predecessor, the BMW M2 Coupé.
* Fuel consumption figures are based on the EU test cycle and may vary depending on the tyre format specified.
The values of fuel consumptions, CO2 emissions and energy consumptions shown are determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version applicable at the time of type approval. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany and the range shown considers optional equipment and the different size of wheels and tires available on the selected model and may vary during the configuration.
The values of the vehicles labeled with (…) are already based on the new WLTP regulation and are translated back into NEDC-equivalent values in order to ensure the comparison between the vehicles. [With respect to these vehicles, for vehicle related taxes or other duties based (at least inter alia) on CO2-emissions the CO2 values may differ to the values stated here].
The CO2 efficiency specifications are determined according to Directive 1999/94/EC and Pkw-EnVKV in its current version applicable. The values shown are based on the fuel consumption, CO2 values and energy consumptions according to the NEDC cycle for the classification.
For further information about the official fuel consumption and the specific CO2 emission of new passenger cars can be taken out of the „handbook of fuel consumption, the CO2 emission and power consumption of new passenger cars“, which is available at all selling points and at https://www.dat.de/angebote/verlagsprodukte/leitfaden-kraftstoffverbrauch.html .
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW M2 Competition - Highlights. PDF, EN, 12,23 MB
The new BMW M2 Competition - Longversion. PDF, EN, 161,47 KB
The new BMW M2 Competition - Technical data. PDF, EN, 724,56 KB