PressClub Portugal · Article.
The first-ever BMW X7.
17.10.2018 Dossier de imprensa
The BMW X7 is the first car to fuse the presence, exclusivity and spaciousness of a luxury model with the agile and versatile driving properties expected of a Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV).
send an e-mail
- A new dimension in luxury: The first BMW X7 combines the presence, exclusivity and spaciousness of a luxury car with the versatile, agile driving properties of a Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV). Production will take place at BMW Plant Spartanburg (USA). Market launch will be March 2019.
- The largest BMW X model is 5,151 millimetres in length, 2,000 millimetres wide and 1,805 millimetres tall, and has a wheelbase of 3,105 millimetres. Its clear and precise design language spans a punchy, extremely prominent front end, large windows, high ground clearance, a long roofline and a two-section split tailgate. Exclusive detailing includes extensive chrome elements. LED headlights are standard, BMW Laserlight optional.
- Generous interior space across three rows of seats. Seven seats as standard. Middle row can be specified with two individual comfort seats as an option. Uncompromised space in the third row, complete with armrests, cupholders and USB ports. All seats are electrically adjustable. Vernasca leather trim as standard. Boot capacity can be expanded from 326 litres to a maximum 2,120 litres.
- 20-inch light-alloy wheels as standard, 21- and 22-inch light-alloy wheels optional.
- Design Pure Excellence, M Sport package and model-specific BMW Individual features allow carefully judged individualisation.
- Four-zone automatic climate control, ambient lighting and three-section panoramic glass roof as standard. Five-zone automatic climate control, Ambient Air package, Panorama glass roof Sky Lounge, controls with glass applications, Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System and Rear-seat entertainment Professional optional.
- Air springs at both axles and Adaptive suspension with electronically controlled dampers are standard. Integral Active Steering and Executive Drive Pro with active roll stabilisation optional. M Sport differential standard on the BMW X7 M50d (fuel consumption combined: 7.4 – 7.0 l/100 km [38.2 – 40.4 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 193 – 185 g/km) and optional for the BMW X7 xDrive50i (fuel consumption combined: 11.4 l/100 km [24.8 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 261 g/km) and BMW X7 xDrive40i (fuel consumption combined: 9.0 – 8.7 l/100 km [31.4 – 32.5 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 205 – 198 g/km). Optional Off-Road package enables selection of xSand, xGravel, xRocks and xSnow driving modes at the touch of a button.
- Full range of state-of-the-art driver assistance systems (availability may vary between markets). Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, Driving Assistant Professional with Steering and lane control assistant, Lane Change Warning and Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assistant and side collision protection, evasion aid, Crossing traffic warning, Priority warning and Wrong-way warning. Latest generation of the BMW Head-Up Display. Emergency Stop Assistant (not available in Europe). Parking Assistant including rear view camera and Reversing Assistant as standard.
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional with BMW Operating System 7.0 as standard. Fully digital instrument cluster and Control Display each with 12.3-inch screen diagonal. BMW Operating System 7.0 enables intuitive und multimodal operation via touchscreen, iDrive Controller, steering wheel buttons, voice control and gesture control.
- BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant performs role of digital co-driver and vehicle expert, and activates in-car experiences. Operated by natural voice command. BMW Digital Key allows customers to use their smartphone for vehicle access and engine start-up. Remote Software Upgrade updates vehicle functions over the air.
The fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption figures were determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version applicable. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany. The range shown considers the different sizes of the selected wheels/tyres and the selected items of optional equipment, and may vary during configuration.
The values are already based on the new WLTP test cycle and are translated back into NEDC-equivalent values in order to ensure comparability between the vehicles. With respect to these vehicles, for vehicle-related taxes or other duties based (at least inter alia) on CO2 emissions, the CO2 values may differ from the values stated here (depending on national legislation).
Further information on official fuel consumption figures and specific CO2 emission values of new passenger cars is included in the following guideline: 'Leitfaden über den Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen' (Guide to the fuel economy, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption of new passenger cars), which can be obtained free of charge from all dealerships, from Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH (DAT), Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern-Scharnhausen and at https://www.dat.de/co2/.
CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
BMW X7 xDrive40i: Fuel consumption combined: 9.0 –
8.7 l/100 km (31.4 – 32.5 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions combined: 205 – 198 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6d-TEMP
BMW X7 xDrive50i (not available in Europe): Fuel
consumption combined: 11.4 l/100 km (24.8 mpg
CO2 emissions combined: 261 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6d-TEMP
BMW X7 xDrive30d: Fuel consumption combined: 6.8 –
6.5 l/100 km (41.5 – 43.5 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions combined: 178 – 171 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6d-TEMP
BMW X7 M50d: Fuel consumption combined: 7.4 –
7.0 l/100 km (38.2 – 40.4 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions combined: 193 – 185 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6d-TEMP
All figures relating to performance, fuel/electric power consumption and emissions are provisional.
Article Offline Attachments.
The first-ever BMW X7 - Highlights. PDF, EN, 69,41 MB
The first-ever BMW X7 - Short version. PDF, EN, 86,77 KB
The first-ever BMW X7 - Long version. PDF, EN, 233,92 KB
The first-ever BMW X7 - Specifications. PDF, EN, 1,3 MB