PressClub South Africa · Article.
The new BMW 1 Series.
Thu May 11 00:05:00 CEST 2017 Press Kit
Unmistakably sporty, with a higher-quality feel and greater presence. New special-edition models, an enhanced premium interior, extended connectivity features and the latest-generation iDrive operating system: this is the next generation of the BMW 1 Series.
send an e-mail
- New edition of the sportiest car in the premium compact segment set to be launched in 3-door and 5-door form in July 2017 (to order). Only the 5-door will be offered in South Africa and will be at dealer floors from September 2017. The new model sees BMW writing the next chapter in the BMW 1 Series success story: around one million units of the 1 Series were sold between 2011 and 2017. Clear focus on Europe, which accounts for over 70% of sales. Largest markets are Germany, Great Britain and China.
- New Edition Sport Line Shadow, Edition M Sport Shadow and BMW M140i Edition Shadow special editions underline the car’s distinctively sporty yet elegant appearance with a black kidney grille, black inserts in the LED headlights and darkened LED rear lights.
- Two new exterior colours – Sunset Orange and Seaside Blue – give the BMW 1 Series even greater presence. Five new light-alloy wheel variants (17-inch and 18-inch) bring further lustre to the exterior.
- Completely newly designed instrument panel with enhanced driver focus provides a more generous feeling of space. Exclusive materials and a new leather upholstery variant lend added class to the interior.
- Innovative operating concept with latest-generation iDrive system. Optional Navigation system Professional with 8.8-inch touchscreen, voice control and iDrive Controller with touch-sensitive interface.
- BMW ConnectedDrive Services ensure an extremely high level of connectivity. New BMW 1 Series is available with Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI) with hazard preview, On-Street Parking Information, vehicle access via Remote Services and the integrated Microsoft Exchange function for sharing and editing emails, calendar entries and contact details. Smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay, inductive charging and a WiFi hotspot for up to ten devices are all available (not available in South Africa).
- Wide range of powerful and efficient engines includes three-, four- and six-cylinder petrol units and cutting-edge three- and four-cylinder diesel variants. Outputs range from 80 kW in the BMW 116i to 250 kW in the BMW M140i (fuel consumption combined: 7.8 – 3.4 l/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 179 – 89 g/km)*. BMW South Africa will only offer the 118i, 120i, 120d, 125i M Sport and the M140i engine derivatives.
- Rear-wheel drive (not offered by any rival) delivers standout dynamics in the segment.
- Pricing will be confirmed in due course.
* Fuel consumption figures based on the EU test cycle, may vary depending on the tyre format specified.
Further information on official fuel consumption figures, specific CO2 emission values and the electric power consumption of new passenger cars is included in the following guideline: “Leitfaden über Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen” (Guideline for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption of new passenger cars), which can be obtained from all dealerships, from Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH (DAT), Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern-Scharnhausen and at http://www.dat.de/en/offers/publications/guideline-for-fuel-consumption.html. LeitfadenCO2 (GuidelineCO2) (PDF ‒ 2.0 MB)
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW 1 Series - Highlights. PDF, EN, 2.73 MB
The new BMW 1 Series - All Details. PDF, EN, 96.72 KB
The new BMW 1 Series - Specifications. PDF, EN, 1.19 MB