PressClub South Africa · Article.
The new BMW M2 CS.
06.11.2019 Press Kit
BMW M GmbH is launching an exclusive and limited-run special-edition model – with an eye-catchingly sporting appearance – in the premium compact class for the first time.
send an e-mail
- The new BMW M2 CS is the first exclusive and limited-run special-edition model created by BMW M GmbH for the premium compact class. It is positioned as a high-performance model above the BMW M2 Competition and will build on the success already achieved by the BMW M3 CS and BMW M4 CS.
- Immensely capable basis for the BMW M2 CS Racing model, BMW M Motorsport’s new entry point to amateur racing and the new Clubsport segment (available from 2020).
- New carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) construction for the bonnet cuts its weight by 50 per cent; eye-catching central air vent increases downforce and improves engine cooling; roof made from CFRP.
- New front splitter, Gurney spoiler lip on the boot lid and rear diffuser in exposed carbon fibre.
- Six-cylinder in-line petrol engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology and 3.0-litre displacement develops 331 kW in the BMW M2 CS – i.e. 29 kW more than in the BMW M2 Competition; peak torque is 550 Nm.
- Acceleration from 0 – 100 km/h in 4.0 seconds (with manual gearbox: 4.2 seconds); electronically governed top speed with standard M Driver’s Package: 280 km/h.
- Six-speed manual gearbox fitted as standard for the first time in a BMW CS model, seven-speed M double-clutch transmission (M DCT) available as an option.
- Standard specification includes Adaptive M suspension with Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes, plus M Sport brakes with red-painted callipers; M Carbon ceramic brakes are optional; Active M Differential and M Dynamic Mode (can be selected as required).
- Lightweight 19-inch Y-spoke forged wheels in a high-gloss black or optionally a matt gold colour shade; shod with specially adapted Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres.
- Dual-branch exhaust system enhances aesthetic and aural appeal, features two electrically controlled flaps and four stainless steel tailpipes bearing the M logo.
- Lightweight, bucket-style M Sport seats from the BMW M4 CS with integral head restraints featuring BMW M stripes; seat backrests in Merino leather / Alcantara and with red contrast stitching.
- M Sport steering wheel with Alcantara covering and a red centre marker as an option.
- Exclusive Misano Blue metallic paint finish.
- The new BMW M2 CS will be available in South Africa from the second quarter of 2020.
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW M2 CS - Highlights. PDF, EN, 1.34 MB
The new BMW M2 CS - Short version. PDF, EN, 105.35 KB
The new BMW M2 CS - Long version. PDF, EN, 159.83 KB
The new BMW M2 CS - Specifications. PDF, EN, 108.92 KB