PressClub Asia · Article.
Versatility, innovation, and dynamism in one package – the new BMW 3 Series Touring arrives in Singapore.
26.04.2023 Press Release
Second Touring model in Singapore, with new 330i engine and M Sport Pro package as standard.
send an e-mail
Singapore. BMW Asia is expanding the iconic BMW 3 Series range in Singapore with the launch of the new BMW 3 Series Touring. Whether a cross-border family holiday, weekend outing, or shopping tour - no challenge is big enough for the BMW 330i Touring M Sport Pro.
“The 3 Series has always been a pioneer in its field with a modern and unmistakable design,” said Mr. Lars Nielsen, Managing Director of BMW Asia. “Today, we are revitalising the core of the BMW brand with this new body variant. Driving aficionados have been eagerly waiting for such a versatile model to come to the Lion City, and we are finally able to deliver! The 3 Series Touring blends versatility and innovative technologies for a sporty and confident look, that I’m confident will appeal to all drivers.
As for all new BMW owners, the 3 Series Touring comes with BMW Service Inclusive Plus for 5 years and an extended warranty for 5 years or 200,000km, so our customers know that BMW cares and we are with them every step of the way.”
1. The BMW 3 Series Touring has dynamism and modernity woven into its design. It measures 4,713mm in length, 1,827 mm in width, and 1,440 mm in height. Its wheelbase is a generous 2,851mm, ensuring plenty of room for all occupants.
2. The standard adaptive LED headlights with blue accent strips feature slim contours and daytime driving lights arranged in an inverted L-shape. The outer daytime driving light elements also serve as turn indicators. The adaptive headlights’ range of functions includes the cornering light and non-dazzling matrix high beam, as well as dynamic headlight range control and variable light distribution.
3. The M Sport Pro package is available on the 3 Series range globally for the first time. In Singapore, the package is specified as standard. Exterior design highlights include an extended M high-gloss Shadowline trim and the signature BMW kidney grille with double bars in black. A big hexagonal air intake with a honeycomb structure sits below the distinctive kidney grille, surrounded by vertical air curtains.
4. The BMW 3 Series Touring is fitted as standard with 18" M light alloy wheels in the Double-spoke style 848 M Bicolour with mixed tyres. These sit within flared wheel arches, highlighting the car’s muscular stance.
5. As part of the M Sport Pro package, the BMW 3 Series Touring is fitted with M Sport brakes including blue-painted callipers with the ‘M’ inscription. The brakes provide increased thermal stability and a sporty brake pedal feel.
6. The rear of the BMW 3 Series Touring also features powerful proportions and clearly structured surfaces. The horizontal lines and slim full-LED rear lights underscore the width of the Touring.
7. The BMW 3 Series Touring is fitted with roof rails in high-gloss black. In the central area of the rear, there is a large diffusor as part of the M Sport Pro package, giving the car an extremely strong appearance.
8. Further M Sport Pro design highlights include tailpipes measuring 100 mm in diameter painted in Black Chrome as part of the extended M High-gloss Shadowline trim.
1. The BMW 3 Series Touring features a modern interior based on the newest digital technologies as well as Operating System 8. The BMW Curved Display, first seen on the BMW iX and BMW i4, grabs attention immediately with its futuristic design and cutting-edge graphics. The Curved Display comprises of a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and a 14.9-inch central infotainment system. Drivers are also able to see pertinent information in their line of sight with the full-colour Head-up Display available as standard.
The state-of-the-art graphics and menu structure have been designed with a smartphone-style appearance. The user interface impresses with its striking forms, dynamic light effects, strong depth of colour and modern colour worlds. Its graphical layout can be adapted to the driving situation at hand and personal preferences.
2. The new cockpit design includes a reduction in the number of buttons and switches in favour of touch and voice control. The gearshift lever has also been updated to become a modern toggle. Operating System 8 allows the driver to enjoy easy, intuitive, and multi-modal control of the vehicle’s functions – either through the rotary controller, swiping on the touchscreen, or utilising voice control with the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant.
When the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant is in use, new graphics appear in the display which emphasise the system’s interactive character. The graphic appears in the right place to engage with the person speaking, visualising how the system is listening attentively to what is being said.
3. Interior highlights of the M Sport Pro package include an M leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles, M-specific seat surfaces, and interior trim strips in Aluminium mesh effect to create a sporting ambience.
4. While the BMW 3 Series Touring is available with Sensatec upholstery as standard, customers are also able to opt for Vernasca leather. All seats in the BMW 3 Series Touring are fitted with seat belts featuring contrast stitching in the colours of BMW M GmbH. The front seats are electrically adjustable, while the driver’s seat includes a memory function with savings for 2 presets.
5. Functionality is a key aspect of the BMW 3 Series Touring. It offers a generous 500-litre luggage compartment with all seats up. The roller tonneau cover offers privacy and more secure stowage of items in the luggage compartment. If bulky items need to be transported in the rear, the tonneau cover can be rolled up and stored in the luggage compartment floor.
6. For further storage space, the BMW 3 Series Touring can offer up to 1,510 litres of stowage with the 40:20:40 rear seat backrest folded down fully.
7. For greater convenience and ease of use, the BMW 3 Series Touring offers a separate luggage compartment window – perfect for loading and unloading smaller objects without having to open the rear hatch.
The BMW 3 Series Touring offers maximum power and excellent efficiency. The 330i powerplant has received a comprehensive round of updates for BMW’s TwinPower Turbo technology, bringing improvements in the power delivery. It develops a maximum output of 245 hp and offers peak torque of 400 Nm – promising sheer driving pleasure.
The eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission stands out with its particularly sharp shift dynamics. A Launch Control function provides traction-optimised acceleration off the line, and unlocks ultra-quick bursts of mid-range power with its Sprint function.
In Singapore, the BMW 3 Series Touring is fitted with the M Sport suspension paired with variable sport steering. This offers a sportier spring/damper set up compared to the base system.
The BMW 3 Series Touring is fitted with a whole host of features as standard to provide the best in comfort and safety while on the move. One particularly useful feature is wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – this allows the driver to remain productive on the go, while still keeping attention on the road.
In similar vein, thesystems for assisted driving and parking in the BMW 3 Series Touring are among the best in market. The Parking Assistant helps the driver to select and park in spaces either parallel or perpendicular to the road. The rear view camera assists the driver to keep a closer watch on his surroundings while manoeuvring. The Reversing Assistant is also able to reverse the car for distances of up to 50 metres along the same line it took when moving forward, particularly useful in getting out of tight spots and narrow lanes.
The Driving Assistant package assists the driver and eases their workload in a myriad of situations. Camera images and the data gathered by ultrasonic and radar sensors are used to monitor the area around the car, warn the driver of possible dangers, minimise the risk of an accident with braking and steering inputs, and carry out automated parking and other manoeuvres. Features include lane change warning, steering intervention, and rear collision warning plus rear crossing traffic warning.
The Comfort Access feature on the BMW 3 Series Touring provides keyless access to the vehicle. For additional convenience, the driver is able to set the car to automatically unlock when approaching the vehicle, and correspondingly, lock when the driver is moving away with the vehicle key. The driver is also able to authorise access to the vehicle through an NFC key card provided with the vehicle, or through his/her compatible smartphone.
The My BMW app acts as a universal digital interface, providing information on the vehicle’s status at any time. With just a few taps on the phone, the driver is able to check if the vehicle is road-ready – for example, the app shows the current fuel level, as well as individual tyre pressures. The app also enables remote operation of functions such as vehicle locating, locking and unlocking the doors or monitoring the car’s immediate vicinity (Remote 3D View). Additional functions include the ability to send destination addresses from a smartphone to the vehicle’s navigation system.
Finally, the BMW ConnectedDrive Upgrades function keeps the new BMW 3 Series Touring right up to the date with the latest software through over-the-air updates. Once an update is available, the customer will be informed via a notification in the iDrive system, and through the My BMW app as well. The content of the upgrades ranges from new services to improved vehicle functions. Customers are able to use the BMW ConnectedDrive Store at any time to purchase market-specific additional functions that were not specified at the point of purchase, such as the Drive Recorder.
Additional information enclosed:
- The new BMW 3 Series Touring price.
- The new BMW 3 Series Touring specifications.
- The new BMW 3 Series Touring price.
Retail price (at press time)
BMW 330i Touring M Sport Pro
2. The new BMW 3 Series Touring specifications.
In-line four-cylinder petrol engine, BMW TwinPower Turbo technology:
TwinScroll turbocharger, High Precision Direct Injection, VALVETRONIC
fully variable valve control, Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing,
eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission.
Capacity: 1,998 cc.
Output: 245 hp at 4,500 – 6,500 rpm.
Torque: 400 Nm at 1,600 – 4,000 rpm.
Acceleration (0 – 100 km/h): 6.1 seconds.
Top speed: 250 km/h.
Fuel consumption (combined): 7.7 L/100 km.
CO2 emissions (combined): 176 g/km