PressClub Global · Article.
The new BMW 6 Series Coupé. The new BMW 6 Series Convertible.
26.06.2007 Press Release
Two dream cars are setting out on the next lap. Featuring highly attractive modifications to their characteristic design, an interior further refined in many details and boasting new colour highlights as well as innovations in drive technology and on the driver assistance and safety systems, the new BMW 6 Series Coupé and the BMW 6 Series Convertible offer an even greater thrill and more style than ever before. Indeed, through their looks and style, combined with cutting-edge technology, both models are an authentic representation of the classic Gran Turismo featuring modern highlights together with classic qualities.
send an e-mail
1. Description in Brief.
2. Authentic, Progressive, Gran Turismo.
The new BMW 6 Series Coupé. The new BMW 6 Series Convertible. (Short Version)
3. The Thrilling BMW 6 Series:
Character Comes from Tradition.
Dynamics in Stylish Perfection.
Superior Power, new Versatility.
6. Chassis and Suspension, Driver Assistance Systems, Safety:
Innovations to Make Motoring a Genuine Experience.
7. Features and Equipment:
Exclusivity in its Most Modern Form.
9. Exterior and Interior Dimensions.
10. Power and Performance Diagrams.
Description in Brief.
- New edition of the BMW 6 Series Coupé and BMW 6 Series Convertible successful the world over and built more than 75,500 times so far, strengthening the position of the Coupé as the leading 2+2-seater in the luxury segment in both technological and dynamic terms, and reinforcing the sporting, modern and exclusive features of the Convertible.
- The BMW 6 Series as the authentic re-interpretation and progressive continuation of the Gran Turismo heritage, a car concept deeply embedded in a 70-year history of successful, sporting, technologically leading and stylish Coupés and Convertibles in the luxury segment.
- Careful accentuation of the exterior design confirming the sporting qualities of the Coupé and Convertible, continuation of the prize-winning sculptural design with smooth lines extending all round the car, surfaces flowing into one another and a dynamically stretched silhouette, consistent perfection of the harmonious lines by modifying various details both front and rear.
- Fresh accentuation within the interior by carefully updating the
controls and instruments and introducing new compositions of materials
and colours, iDrive Controller, rotary knobs for the air conditioning
and audio system, door openers and glove compartment push button in
new high-quality material, interior trim and upholstery in new colour
schemes, leather upholstery in SunReflective Technology in the BMW 6
Series Convertible reducing the heat effect of the sun.
- 4.8-litre eight-cylinder developing 270 kW/367 hp and offering enhanced efficiency as the top engine in the new BMW 650i Coupé and the new BMW 650i Convertible, newly developed 3.0-litre straight-six with High Precision Injection in the lean-burn mode on the new BMW 630i Coupé and the new BMW 630i Convertible, comprehensive implementation of the BMW EfficientDynamics development strategy in all engine variants, Brake Energy Regeneration, on-demand control and operation of the engine's ancillary units, steering system with Varioserv steering assistance pump, heat-optimised final drive reducing frictional losses, gearshift point indicator, fuel consumption reduced up to 5 per cent (eight-cylinder) and, respectively, 15 per cent (six-cylinder) versus the former models, unique balance of engine power and economy unparalleled in this drive segment.
- The first and only diesel-powered models in the segment, the BMW 635d Coupé and BMW 635d Convertible featuring a 3.0-litre straight-six diesel engine, the third model variant highlighting the long-distance touring qualities and sporting character of the BMW 6 Series Series by combining exceptional efficiency with supreme torque and pulling power, the most sporting and powerful 3.0-litre straight-six diesel in the world with Variable Twin Turbo, all-aluminium crankcase and third-generation common rail fuel injection, 210 kW/286 hp, maximum torque 580 Newton-metres/427 lb-ft.
- Newly developed six-speed automatic sports transmission (standard in the BMW 635d), unparalleled gearshift dynamics, extremely short reaction and gearshift times, direct connection to the engine, gearshift paddles on the steering wheel, sports button for an even faster gearshift as well as adjustment of gas pedal progression and Servotronic control map on the regular steering.
- Electronic gear selector lever on the new automatic sports transmission with unique optical, ergonomic and functional qualities, iDrive Control extended by eight freely programmable favourite buttons.
- The BMW 6 Series as the spearhead in innovation for driving dynamics, safety and comfort: Now available for the first time with Adaptive Headlights and variable light distribution, the only car in its segment with Active Cruise Control incorporating an automatic brake application function, Active Cruise Control with stop & go function to maintain distances in flowing traffic and when driving dead slow, Lane Departure Warning with vibration signal on the steering wheel, Head-Up Display, BMW Night Vision and high-beam assistant, navigation system with full-word voice entry, BMW Individual High-End Audio System.
- Lightweight chassis with aluminium double-joint tiebar axle at the front and aluminium integral IV axle at the rear, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with additional functions, extra-powerful and precise premium brake system, Dynamic Drive with active anti-roll bars, Active Steering, permanent, ongoing brake pad wear indicator, tyre defect indicator, runflat tyres.
- Headrests activated in the event of a collision to reduce the risk
of injury in the event of an impact from the rear, supplementing the
all-round safety package for passive occupant safety, all seats with
three-point inertia-reel seat belts, adaptive control and activation
of frontal airbags, side airbags, BMW 6 Series Coupé equipped
with extra-large head airbags, BMW 6 Series Convertible featuring
electronically controlled rollover protection activating the rollbars
behind the rear seats.
- Engine variants BMW 6 Series Coupé:
BMW 650i: eight-cylinder petrol engine featuring VALVETRONIC and double-VANOS, capacity 4 ,799 cc, max output 270 kW/367 hp at 6,300 rpm, max torque 490 Nm/361 lb-ft at 3,400 rpm, acceleration 0-100 km/h in 5.4 seconds, top speed 250 km/h (155 mph), average fuel consumption to the EU standard 11.7 ltr/100 km (equal to 24.1 mpg imp) (with automatic sports transmission 10.5 litres, equal to 26.9 mpg imp).
BMW 630i: straight-six petrol engine with second-generation direct
fuel injection (High Precision Injection), capacity 2,996 cc, max
output 200 kW/272 hp at 6,700 rpm, max torque 320 Nm/236 lb-ft between
2,750 and 3,000 rpm, acceleration 0-100 km/h in 6.2 seconds, top speed
250 km/h (155 mph), average fuel consumption to EU standard 7.9
litres/100 km (equal to 35.8 mpg imp) (with automatic sports
transmission 7.7 litres/36.7 mpg imp).
BMW 635d: straight-six diesel with common rail fuel injection and Variable Twin Turbo (VTT), capacity 2,993 cc, max output 210 kW/286 hp at 4,400 rpm, max torque 580 Nm/427 lb-ft between 1,750 and 2,250 rpm, acceleration 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds, top speed 250 km/h 155 mph), average consumption to EU standard 6.9 litres/100 km (40.9 mpg imp).
- Engine variants BMW 6 Series Convertible:
BMW 650i: eight-cylinder petrol engine featuring VALVETRONIC and double-VANOS, capacity 4,799 cc, max output 270 kW/367 hp at 6,300 rpm, max torque 490 Nm/361 lb-ft at 3,400 rpm, acceleration 0-100 km/h) in 5.5 seconds, top speed 250 km/h (155 mph), average fuel consumption to the EU standard 12.6 ltr/100 km (equal to 22.4 mpg imp) (with automatic sports transmission: 10.9 litres, equal to 25.9 mpg imp).
BMW 630i: straight-six petrol engine with second-generation direct fuel injection (High Precision Injection), capacity 2,996 cc, max output 200 kW/272 hp at 6,700 rpm, max torque 320 Nm/236 lb-ft between 2,750 and 3,000 rpm, acceleration 0-100 km/h in 6.7 seconds, top speed 250 km/h (155 mph), average fuel consumption to EU standard 8.3 litres/100 km (equal to 34.0 mpg imp) (automatic sports transmission 8.1 litres/34.9 mpg imp).
BMW 635d: straight-six diesel with common rail fuel injection and Variable Twin Turbo (VTT), capacity 2,993 cc, max output 210 kW/286 hp at 4,400 rpm, max torque 580 Nm/427 lb-ft between 1,750 and 2,250 rpm, acceleration 0-100 km/h in 6.6 seconds, top speed 250 km/h 155 mph), average fuel consumption to EU standard 7.2 litres/100 km (39.2 mpg imp).
The complete text for this press kit is available for downloading as *.rtf, *.doc or *.pdf file. Please use the "Download" link at the top to open the document. Additional media data (Photo, Audio, Video, TV Footage) for this topic are may be available in this press information or in the media archive - please use the top-navigation in this message or inside the main window for your research.
Article Offline Attachments.
6_BMWE63_E64_GB_fv_12_07.pdf PDF, EN, 974.65 KB
6_BMWE63_E64_GB_fv.doc DOC, EN, 2.04 MB
4_BMWE63_E64_D_fv.doc DOC, DE, 1.97 MB
La_nouvelle_BMW_Serie_6_Coupe_La_nouvelle_BMW_Serie_6_Cabrio_F.pdf PDF, FR, 957.38 KB
La_nouvelle_BMW_Serie_6_Coupe_La_nouvelle_BMW_Serie_6_Cabriolet_F.doc DOC, FR, 1.86 MB
El_nuevo_BMW_Serie_6_Coupe_El_nuevo_BMW_Serie_6_Cabrio_E.pdf PDF, ES, 965.58 KB
El_nuevo_BMW_Serie_6_Coupe_El_nuevo_BMW_Serie_6_Cabrio_E.doc DOC, ES, 1.89 MB
La_nuova_BMW_Serie_6_Coupe_La_nuova_BMW_Serie_6_Cabrio_I.pdf PDF, IT, 946.08 KB
La_nuova_BMW_Serie_6_Coupe_La_nuova_BMW_Serie_6_Cabrio_I.doc DOC, IT, 1.87 MB