- MINI at the 82nd International Geneva Motor Show 2012. (PDF, EN , 518.62 KB)
- MINI au 82e Salon international de l’Automobile de Genève 2012. (PDF, FR , 582.56 KB)
- MINI en el 82 Salón Internacional del Automóvil de Ginebra de 2012. (PDF, ES , 459.67 KB)
- MINI all‘82. Salone internazionale dell’automobile di Ginevra 2012. (PDF, IT , 482.3 KB)
MINI at the 82nd International Geneva Motor Show 2012.
1. MINI at the 82nd International Geneva Motor Show 2012.
A portfolio of six models and three new takes on familiar themes allow MINI to welcome visitors to the International Geneva Motor Show 2012 with a spread of models unprecedented in the brand’s history. The show, taking place from 8 – 18 March, will therefore see the one-off among premium small car makers confidently extending its growth curve into 2012. The latest developments in the model range, which now comprises a total of 41 variants, create even greater scope for customers to experience the hallmark MINI style and unsurpassed driving fun of the brand’s cars in their own individual way.
Celebrating its world premiere in Geneva will be the
MINI John Cooper Works Countryman, the first performance athlete in
the brand’s line-up to combine John Cooper Works racing thrills with
ALL4 all-wheel drive. The MINI John Cooper Works Countryman is
powered by a newly developed four-cylinder engine boasting a twin-scroll turbocharger, petrol direct injection and variable valve control, and producing 160 kW/218 hp. And it comes as standard with an aerodynamic kit, lowered sports suspension, 18-inch light-alloy wheels and exclusive design features. This is the first John Cooper Works model to also offer a six-speed automatic gearbox as an option.
Another world premiere from MINI shifts attention to an all-new concept designed to win over new target groups. The MINI Clubvan Concept embodies the vision of a premium small car with increased transportation capacity for business and leisure use. It differs most prominently from the MINI Clubman, on which it is based, with its two-seat layout, large and flat load compartment, and opaque rear side windows.
Visitors to the International Geneva Motor Show 2012 will also be
to a first look at three new interpretations of established models. The
MINI Baker Street embodies the youthful, fresh and innovative trendsetting style of the brand, while the MINI Bayswater focuses primarily on the sporting verve and agile handling for which MINI is renowned. The third member of the trio, the MINI Highgate Convertible, exudes an exclusive aura and displays a modern interpretation of British style.
2. The Highlights at a glance.
World premiere for the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman.
• Sixth John Cooper Works model in the current MINI range, first with ALL4 all-wheel drive (standard), launch in autumn 2012.
• Newly developed four-cylinder engine with twin-scroll turbocharger, petrol direct injection and variable valve control, 1.6-litre displacement, 160 kW/218 hp, maximum torque: 280 Nm / 207 lb-ft (with Overboost: 300 Nm / 221 lb-ft), first John Cooper Works model available as an option with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
• Acceleration (0 – 100 km/h / 62 mph):
7.0 seconds, top speed:
225 km/h / 140 mph (automatic: 223 km/h / 139 mph), fuel consumption in the EU test cycle: 7.4 litres per 100 km / 39.2 mpg imp
(automatic: 7.9 litres / 35.3 mpg imp), CO2 emissions: 172 (184) g/km (provisional figures).
• Aerodynamic kit, sports suspension, sports exhaust system, 18-inch light-alloy wheels, DSC stability control with DTC as standard. Options include exclusive Chili Red contrasting paintwork for the roof and exterior mirrors, and 19-inch light-alloy wheels.
• Standard interior equipment includes sports seats, a sports steering wheel, and model-specific displays and controls.
World premiere for the MINI Clubvan Concept.
• MINI Clubman-derived concept car; innovative concept showcasing the first transportation vehicle based on a premium small car; wide variety of business and leisure uses combined with hallmark MINI driving fun.
• Two seats, separate load compartment with partition grille, opaque rear side windows, split rear doors and Clubdoor on the right-hand side of the vehicle allow comfortable loading and unloading.
• Contemporary, lifestyle-focused interpretation of the compact delivery vehicle concept; Morris Mini Van based on the classic Mini (1960) is a historical precursor; opening up of additional target groups in the commercial sector; unrivalled combination of extended functionality and the aura and premium character of the MINI brand create considerable appeal.
Documents for downloading:
MINI John Cooper Works Countryman.
MINI Clubvan Concept.
MINI Cabrio Highgate.
If you have any questions regarding this press release, please contact:
BMW Group Streaming
04.03.2014 | 12:15 CET.
GENEVA. Here you will see the full-length live transmission of the BMW Group and MINI Press Conferences.