Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub United Kingdom · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

“Hey BMW, now we’re talking!" BMWs are about to get a personality with the company’s Intelligent Personal Assistant.

Fri Sep 07 00:50:43 CEST 2018Press Release

The BMW Group is set to revolutionise driving pleasure with the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant. From March 2019, BMW drivers and passengers will be joined by an intelligent, digital character that responds to the prompt “Hey BMW”. This will mark the start of a new era for the BMW Group in which drivers will increasingly be able to operate their car and access its functions and information simply by speaking.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

Fuel consumption combined: 11.6 – 6.0 l/100 km; CO2-emissions combined: 264 – 158 g/km; provisional fuel consumption and emissions figures

Media Set  

The all-new BMW X5

Wed Jun 06 00:01:00 CEST 2018Press Release

• Fourth generation of BMW's market-leading Sports Activity Vehicle. • Fresh, modern design redefines the X family aesthetic. • Superior refinement and technology from all-new interior. • TwinPower and M Performance engines deliver dynamism and efficiency. • Active chassis system for variable ride height and adjustable dynamics. • On sale in the UK from June 2018, prices start from £56,710 OTR.

G05
·
X5
·
Technology
·
Chassis, Suspension
·
Infotainment, Control Concepts
·
Driver Assistance Systems
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

BMW at the 15th Auto China Beijing 2018.

Wed Apr 25 04:45:00 CEST 2018Press Kit

The latest new models, pioneering concept vehicles and innovative technological developments are the headline-makers as BMW takes to the stage at the Auto China 2018 show in Beijing.

G07
·
F87
·
I15
·
G01
·
F39
·
G15
·
G02
·
Coupé
·
M Cars
·
X3
·
Design issues, Concepts and Studies
·
Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
X4
·
M2
·
BMW i Automobiles
·
BMW iPerformance Automobiles

New centre of excellence for autonomous driving. BMW officially opens its autonomous driving campus in Unterschleißheim near Munich.

Wed Apr 11 14:00:00 CEST 2018Press Release

The BMW Group today celebrated the official opening of its autonomous driving campus in Unterschleißheim. Klaus Fröhlich, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG responsible for Development and Research, and Bavarian state premier Markus Söder were present for the inauguration of a forward-looking development facility that showcases the BMW Group’s transformation into a tech company.

Technology
·
Autonomous Driving
·
Corporate
·
Corporate Events

BMW Group UK and Drover Announce Mobility Partnership.

Mon Apr 09 15:15:30 CEST 2018Press Release

• Own a BMW or MINI on a ‘pay as you go’ basis. • Entry point into the BMW Group ownership starts at £131 a week.

F49
·
G01
·
Corporate
·
Technology
·
Alternative Drive Systems, Mobility of the Future
·
1 Series
·
2 Series
·
3 Series
·
4 Series
·
5 Series
·
X1
·
X3

14.3 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 0 g/km

Media Set  

New BMW i3s traction control system for all future BMW and MINI models.

Wed Jan 03 08:00:00 CET 2018Press Release

50-times faster responses for greater traction and driving stability in adverse road conditions and while brake energy recuperation.

I01
·
I01s
·
BMW i3
·
BMW i Automobiles
·
BMW i3s
·
BMW i Beyond Automobiles
·
BMW i Incubator for Innovations
·
Technology
·
Engines, Drivetrain
·
Driver Assistance Systems
·
Safety

Digital lifestyle at the BMW Group: Seamless in-car integration of Amazon Alexa in BMW and MINI.

Thu Sep 28 10:57:24 CEST 2017Press Release

Munich/Seattle. The BMW Group is systematically expanding the intelligent connectivity capabilities of its vehicles by seamlessly integrating the highly versatile Alexa, Amazon’s voice-controlled personal assistant, into all BMW and MINI models from mid-2018.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

BMW i3s (94Ah) REX: combined fuel consumption 0,0 /0,7 l/100 km*; combined electricity consumption 14,3 /12,5 kWh/100 km*; combined CO2 emissions 0 /14 g/km*

Media Set  

Statements by Harald Krüger, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, and Klaus Fröhlich, Member of the Board of Management of MW AG, Development, IAA Preview 2017

Thu Sep 07 14:00:00 CEST 2017Speech

Archive

25 electrified models until 2025, 12 of which fully electric +++ Electrification across all brands and model series +++

Corporate
·
Board Member Speeches
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
Electrification
·

BMW Connected adds new, digital services.

Thu Jul 13 14:00:00 CEST 2017Press Release

Archive

Munich/Chicago. At the start of 2017, BMW used its recently launched 5 Series and BMW Connected Onboard – which made its debut in the new model – to showcase the potential unlocked by digital services in the area of personalisation. This is an important connectivity goal for the BMW Group. Building on this, the company is introducing a new era of highly personalised services at the Innovation Days 2017 event in the form of BMW Connected+.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

BMW Innovation Days 2017, Connectivity and digital services.

Thu Jul 13 14:00:00 CEST 2017Press Kit

Archive
Update

The BMW Group is using the BMW Innovation Days 2017 – Connectivity and Digital Services event to both explore the state of play regarding the integration of vehicles into the customer’s digital world and to showcase the company’s latest developments in this field.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
5 Series
·
X3
·
BMW i3
·
BMW i Automobiles

The BMW Group at Auto Shanghai 2017.

Tue Apr 11 00:01:00 CEST 2017Press Kit

Archive

The world premiere of the all-new BMW 5 Series Long Wheelbase is one of the main highlights of the Auto Shanghai 2017 show. The new business sedan is the successor to the current front-runner in the Chinese car market’s premium segment and comes with all the right credentials for cementing this leading status. Likewise making its debut public appearance is the latest special-edition version of the BMW i8 plug-in hybrid sports car.

R60
·
F60
·
F56
·
I12 LCI

BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye will have autonomous test vehicles on the roads by the second half of 2017

Wed Jan 04 15:45:00 CET 2017Press Release

Archive

The BMW Group, Intel, and Mobileye announce a fleet of approximately 40 autonomous test vehicles that will be on the roads by the second half of 2017 The three companies reveal details about their partnering model including a scalable architecture that can be used by other auto developers

Technology
·
BMW
·
Brands

BMW at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2017 in Las Vegas.

Wed Jan 04 15:45:00 CET 2017Press Kit

Archive

BMW is shaping the future of mobility and the way we experience it through ongoing development projects and technically revolutionary innovations in automated driving, intelligent connectivity and interior design. At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2017, taking place in Las Vegas on 5-8 January 2017, the German premium car maker will present a wide range of new products and services which are set to headline this radical change in the very near future.

New development centre for autonomous driving

Wed Dec 21 10:14:14 CET 2016Press Release

Archive

The BMW iNEXT is scheduled for release in 2021 – self-driving, electric and fully connected. To achieve this aim, the BMW Group is combining its development expertise in vehicle connectivity and automated driving at a new campus in Unterschleissheim near Munich.

Corporate
·
Human Resources
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Headquarter, Research and Innovation Center/FIZ
·
Technology
·
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

The BMW Group at the NAIAS 2017 in Detroit.

Sun Dec 18 00:01:00 CET 2016Press Release

Archive

BMW has chosen the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, taking place on 8 – 22 January 2017, to stage the world premiere of the new BMW 5 Series Sedan and the US premiere of the BMW Concept X2. Also part of the line-up at the BMW stand are the new BMW 530e iPerformance plug-in hybrid, the sporty BMW M550i xDrive, and the luxurious BMW 6 Series model range. Plus, BMW ConnectedDrive will be showcasing a selection of new services.

G30
·
F13 LCI
·
F12 LCI
·
F06 LCI
·
Saloon
·
5 Series
·
Coupé
·
6 Series
·
Convertible
·
Gran Coupé
·
BMW
·
Design issues, Concepts and Studies
·
BMW M
·
BMW M Performance Automobiles
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming.

STREAMING PORTAL.

Watch the web casts of latest BMW Group press events.

open streaming site

PressClub Information.

E-MAIL NOTIFICATION.

edit news settings

Please login and update your e-mail newsletter set up and the fields of interest. You can receive PressClub e-mail notifications for new articles and video material immediately or as a daily news collection.

CO2 emission information.

The values for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and energy consumption shown were determined in a standardised test cycle according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version currently applicable. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany and the range shown considers transmission (automatic or manual) and the different wheels and tyres available on the selected model and may vary during the configuration.

The values of the vehicles labelled with (*), are already based on the test cycle according to the new WLTP regulation and are translated back into NEDC-equivalent values in order to allow a comparison between vehicles. More information on the transition from NEDC to WLTP test procedures can be found here.

These figures are intended for comparison purposes and may not be representative of what a user achieves under usual driving conditions. For plug-in hybrid vehicles and battery electric vehicles the figures have been obtained using a combination of battery power and petrol fuel after the battery had been fully charged. Plug-in hybrid vehicles and battery electric vehicles require mains electricity for charging. The CO2 emissions labels are determined according to Directive 1999/94/EC and the Passenger Car (Fuel consumption and CO2 Emissions Information) Regulations 2001, as amended. They are based on the fuel consumption, CO2 values and energy consumptions according to the NEDC cycle.

A guide on fuel economy and CO2 emissions which contains data for all new passenger car models is available at any point of sale free of charge. For further information you can also visit this link.

Latest Facts & Figures.

January pricelist - BMW 5 Series
Fri Jan 25 16:00:00 CET 2013
5 Series
January pricelist - BMW Z4
Z4
January pricelist - BMW 7 Series
7 Series
January pricelist - BMW 1 Series