PressClub USA · Article.
BMW of North America Reports Q2 2020 Sales Results.
01.07.2020 Press Release
093796 Woodcliff Lake, NJ – July 1, 2020… BMW of North America announced today Q2 2020 sales results for the BMW and MINI brands in the U.S. For the sales period ending June 30, 2020, BMW brand sales totaled 50,957 vehicles, a decrease of 39.3% vs the 83,976 vehicles sold in the same time period last year.* MINI brand sales totaled 5,288 vehicles, a decrease of 41.5% vs the 9,044 vehicles sold in the second quarter of 2019.*
send an e-mail
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – July 1, 2020… BMW of North America announced today Q2 2020 sales results for the BMW and MINI brands in the U.S. For the sales period ending June 30, 2020, BMW brand sales totaled 50,957 vehicles, a decrease of 39.3% vs the 83,976 vehicles sold in the same time period last year.* MINI brand sales totaled 5,288 vehicles, a decrease of 41.5% vs the 9,044 vehicles sold in the second quarter of 2019.*
Since the onset of the global pandemic in the U.S. in mid-March, BMW has instituted a number of measures to sell and service vehicles across the U.S. While the situation has differed greatly from state-to-state, at many locations, BMW has accelerated its use of digital sales practices, allowing customers to move further down the path to purchase online before visiting a store, and enabled virtual transactions so that purchases may be completed digitally and vehicles delivered. Dealers are also offering “invisible” service where vehicles in need of service or maintenance are picked up and dropped off without interaction.
“While automotive sales in the U.S. continue to be impacted by the ongoing global pandemic, the situation has provided an opportunity to institute new practices and find new ways to better serve our customers,” said Bernhard Kuhnt, president and CEO, BMW of North America. “As a result of these efforts and with the great partnership of our dealers, we have seen an increase in sales over each month of the quarter, which gives us reason to be cautiously optimistic for the second half of the year. As we continue to navigate these uncertain waters, we will always prioritize the health, safety and well-being of our employees, dealers and customers.”
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, Q2 2020
BMW passenger cars
BMW light trucks
MINI Brand Sales
- MINI USA reported 5,288 vehicles sold during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 41.5% from the 9,044 sold during the same quarter a year ago.*
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- BMW Certified Pre-Owned sold 26,720 vehicles during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 11.5% from the same quarter a year ago.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sold 51,465 vehicles during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 19.4% from the same quarter a year ago.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- MINI Certified Pre-Owned sold 2,153 vehicles during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 39.7% from the same quarter a year ago.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sold 5,250 vehicles during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 35.4% from the same quarter a year ago.
BMW Total Pre-Owned
MINI Total Pre-Owned
# # #
* In connection with a review of its sales and related reporting practices, BMW Group revised certain retail vehicle delivery data retrospectively for the period from 2015 through 2019 in its six most significant markets, including the United States. Additional information can be found in the March 12th press release announcing BMW Group’s financial results for 2019 and in BMW Group’s 2019 Annual Report.
# # #
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars; Designworks, a strategic design consultancy based in California; technology offices in Silicon Valley and Chicago, and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is the BMW Group global center of competence for BMW X models and manufactures the X3, X4, X5, X6 and X7 Sports Activity Vehicles. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 348 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 144 BMW motorcycle retailers, 119 MINI passenger car dealers, and 38 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
# # #
Journalist note: Information about BMW Group and its products in the USA is available to journalists online at www.BMWUSANews.com, www.MINIUSANews.com, and www.press.BMWNA.com.