Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub USA · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

BMW Group invests in innovative method for efficient and sustainable lithium extraction.

06.10.2021Press Release

Munich. The BMW Group is stepping up its expansion of electromobility and will be releasing about ten million fully-electric vehicles onto the roads over the next ten years or so. By 2030, at least half the BMW Group’s global sales are expected to come from fullyelectric vehicles. This will also increase the need for lithium, an important raw material for production of battery cells.

Environment
·
Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Electrification

BMW of North America Partners with Universal Technical Institute at Fort Bragg to Prepare Service Members for Civilian Careers as BMW Automotive Technicians.

07.09.2021Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – September 7, 2021… BMW of North America and Universal Technical Institute are partnering to add a unique program for service members at the U.S. Army’s Fort Bragg, N.C. base. The BMW MSTEP (Military Service Technician Education Program) provides training for new career opportunities for service members transitioning from military service back into civilian life. The BMW MSTEP program was first launched at Marine Corps Base Camp ...

Technology

BMW Group accelerates CO2 reduction and focuses consistently on a circular economy with the Neue Klasse

02.09.2021Press Release

The BMW Group is increasing the pace of its efforts to combat climate change. Looking ahead to the introduction of the Neue Klasse, the company is further strengthening its self-defined objectives, announced in summer last year, to significantly reduce CO2 emissions, whilst also committing itself to a clear course that supports the 1.5 degree target for the limitation of global warming.

E-drive train production for the fully-electric models BMW iX and BMW i4 begins

26.05.2021Press Release

BMW Group continues to expand manufacturing capacity at the Competence Centre for E-Drive Production in Dingolfing +++ E-drive trains for 500,000 electrified vehicles per year from 2022 +++ Extensive in-house drive train expertise: Start of production for fifth-generation high-voltage batteries in Germany +++ Successful transformation to e-drive train production

BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Mobility of the Future
·
Production, Recycling
·
BMW i4
·
Electrification

BMW Group Strengthens Leadership Position in Battery Technology with Investment in Solid-State Innovator Solid Power

03.05.2021Press Release

Louisville, Colorado, USA. Solid Power, an industry-leading producer of all solid-state batteries for electric vehicles, today announced a $130 million Series B investment round led by the BMW Group, Ford Motor Company and Volta Energy Technologies. Ford and the BMW Group have also expanded existing joint development agreements with Solid Power to secure all solid-state batteries for future electric vehicles.

Technology

BMW i Ventures Invests in Plus One Robotics to Automate Supply Chain and Logistics.

27.04.2021Press Release

Mountain View, CA (April 27, 2021)… BMW i Ventures today announced an investment in Plus One Robotics, the leading provider of vision software for logistics robots. The Series B fundraise will help accelerate automation across the broader supply chain and logistics industry and deliver a transformative experience for warehouse operators.

Technology

BMW connects customers with new My BMW App.

31.03.2021Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 31, 2021… BMW announced today the all-new My BMW App, providing customers with the ultimate in connectivity and digital services for their vehicles. The new app succeeds the BMW Connected app and builds on its seamless feature integration with several new functionalities, improved Amazon Alexa integration, and more. Customers can also manage their BMW Financial Services accounts through the My BMW App. The My BMW App will become ...

Technology

MINI USA CONNECTS CUSTOMERS WITH LAUNCH OF NEW MINI APP.

31.03.2021Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, N.J., March 31, 2021. MINI USA announced today the launch of a new MINI App that provides customers a new level of connectivity and digital services for their vehicles. The new MINI App features a new design along with an intuitive, simplified user experience, that offers updated features and information, including services for customers with electrified MINIs.

Technology

BMW Group steps up sustainable sourcing of lithium for battery cell production to ensure rapid e-mobility expansion.

30.03.2021Press Release

The BMW Group will be accelerating its expansion of e-mobility in the coming years. This will also increase the need for lithium, an important raw material for production of battery cells. For this reason, the company will source lithium from a second leading supplier, US-based Livent. The value of the multi-year contract will total around 285 million euros. Livent will supply the lithium directly to the BMW Group’s battery cell manufacturers from 2022 on.

Lithium
·
battery cell
·
IRMA
·
Lithium Water Study
·
University of Massachusetts Amherst
·
University of Alaska Anchorage
·
Environment
·
Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
Corporate

The all-new BMW iDrive.

15.03.2021Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 15, 2021…Debuting in the upcoming iX and i4, the newest iteration of BMW’s driver-passenger-vehicle interface acts as a digital, intelligent and proactive partner during the time you spend inside your vehicle. Advances have been made all-around to deliver a more natural interactive and holistic user experience between the driver and their BMW. Underpinning the unique user experience are a new generation of displays, controls, ...

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
Infotainment, Control Concepts
·
Mobility of the Future

BMW Group invests in innovative method for CO2-free steel production

12.03.2021Press Release

+++ New method from Boston Metal to be industrialised in mid-decade +++ BMW Group continuously reducing CO2 emissions in its steel supplier network +++ Focus on secondary material and closed-loop material cycles at BMW Group press plants +++ Wendt: “Around two million tonnes less CO2 across our steel supplier network by 2030” +++

Technology
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Car Body, Lightweight Construction
·
Sustainability

Designworks, A BMW Group Company, Collaborates with Sea Ray to Develop New Design Language.

18.02.2021Press Release

Newbury Park, CA, (Feb. 18, 2021) — Designworks, a BMW Group company, announced today a collaboration with leading pleasure boat manufacturer, Sea Ray, to develop a new sleek, sophisticated design language for the brand. The first new, redesigned model – the all-new Sundancer 370 Outboard – will be uveiled during a live Facebook event today at 12:00 p.m. EST. The official release of this new product is in conjunction with the 45th anniversary of the ...

Technology

BMW i Ventures Funds Vendia to Disrupt How Corporations Share Data.

03.02.2021Press Release

Mountain View, CA (February 3, 2021)… BMW i Ventures announced today an investment in the Series A financing round of Vendia, which has developed a serverless, distributed data and code-sharing platform that is disrupting how enterprises share data and code with partners. Vendia’s innovative platform provides a secure way for corporations to share vast amounts of data with precise and fine-tuned controls, while maintaining a single source of truth for the ...

Technology
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming

IAA MOBILITY 2021.

Here you can see our on demand webcasts from the IAA Mobility 2021, with the BMW Group Keynote, the Analyst and Investor Evening Event and the discussion forum "The car as the engine of the circular economy?".

Open Streaming Page

PressClub Information

EMAIL MESSAGES.

Edit your settings

Please log in and update the settings for your email newsletter. You can receive notifications for new articles and video material immediately or as a daily summary.

Related Videos.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Updates
Top-Topic
Submit filter
Clear all

Sun
Mon