Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub USA · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

Twenty Years of BMW iDrive

11.01.2021Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – January 11, 2021… BMW announces the future of the display and operating system BMW iDrive at CES 2021. When launched, iDrive delivered a paradigm shift in the interaction between driver and vehicle became an industry standard and laid the foundations for today’s multifunctional, online-based user experience.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
Infotainment, Control Concepts
·
Mobility of the Future

Industrial-scale 3D printing continues to advance at BMW Group

10.12.2020Press Release

Mountain View, CA – December 10, 2020… The BMW Group is taking the next step in the systematic integration of additive manufacturing. The aim is to scale additive manufacturing up to industrial levels and firmly establish it in various areas – primarily vehicle development and production – to positive economic effect. The BMW Group benefits fully from the advantages of the technology, which offers fast availability of components, flexible component design, ...

Technology
·
Production, Recycling

SiriusXM with 1 year All Access Subscription Standard on all 2021 BMW Automobiles

14.10.2020Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – Oct. 14, 2020…Today, BMW is proud to announce that SiriusXM with a 1-year All-Access subscription is now standard on all 2021 BMW automobiles sold in the U.S. The standard availability of SiriusXM is part of a new agreement between SiriusXM and the BMW Group that extends the relationship between the companies through the 2026 calendar year.

Technology

BMW i Ventures Invests in GenXComm to Increase Speed and Lower Cost of 5G Rollout.

28.07.2020Press Release

Mountain View, Calif. (July 28, 2020) - BMW i Ventures announced today an investment in GenXComm, a company with ground-breaking technology that improves the performance and capacity of communication networks, and aims to significantly increase the speed of global 5G deployment. “GenXComm is ushering in the next revolution of computing and connectivity,” said Marcus Behrendt, partner, BMW i Ventures. “Autonomous systems, like self-driving cars, are ...

Technology

BMW adds New SiriusXM with 360L Platform for 2021.

16.07.2020Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – July 16, 2020…Today, BMW is proud to announce the addition of SiriusXM with 360L to many BMW vehicles starting from the 2021 model year. Available on the 2 Series Gran Coupe, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7 and Z4 Roadsters , SiriusXM’s next generation platform expands audio entertainment options for the BMW owner by offering new features and listening options in and out of their vehicle. The first BMW models ...

Media Set  
Technology

BMW CarData: Secure and private control of vehicle data for customers.

29.06.2020Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 29, 2020… BMW of North America announced today the U.S. introduction of BMW CarData, a new set of tools for customers to see and manage how their vehicle data is used. This means that BMW owners in the U.S. will have the ability to choose the vehicle connectivity, privacy, and services that are right for them – including links to third-party services in the future – all through a secure, private platform.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

The sound of the BMW Concept i4.

05.03.2020Press Release

+++ BMW IconicSounds Electric expands with sound of the BMW Concept i4 co-created with Hans Zimmer +++ Jointly developed start/stop sound in all electrified BMW models from July 2020 +++

Europe
·
Technology
·
Acoustics, Aerodynamics
·
Mobility of the Future
·
Electrification
·
Geneva
·
Design issues, Concepts and Studies

BMW i Ventures Announces Investment in AutoFi.

13.02.2020Press Release

Mountain View, CA - February 13, 2020 – BMW i Ventures announced today an investment in AutoFi, a technology company transforming the way cars are bought and sold. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, AutoFi is a retail platform that allows car buyers to purchase and finance a car from a variety of financial institutions within or outside the dealership. Thanks to AutoFi’s deep integrations with financial institutions, the customers can submit simple ...

Technology

BMW 530e Inductive Charging Pilot Program Named Green Car Journal’s 2020 Green Car Technology of the Year.

24.01.2020Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – Jan. 24, 2020…Today, BMW is honored to receive the Green Car Journal’s Green Car Technology of the Year award for its Inductive Charging Pilot Program. The Pilot Program allows participating BMW customers to test and provide valuable feedback on using wireless inductive technology to charge their BMW 530e plug-in-hybrid sedans, instead of having to plug the vehicle in using a wall-mounted charging box. BMW is the first automotive ...

Technology

BMW i Ventures Announces Investment in Software Motor Company.

22.01.2020Press Release

Mountain View, Calif. (January 22, 2020)… BMW i Ventures announced today an investment in Software Motor Company (SMC) a Silicon Valley-based company developing the world’s most reliable, efficient and intelligent motor systems. The new funding will enable SMC to further scale its business and accelerate product development. “Electric motors are a massive, $100B market, and they move our modern world, while consuming over 45% of the world's ...

Technology

BMW i Ventures Announces Investment in Alitheon.

14.01.2020Press Release

Archive

Mountain View, Calif. (January 14, 2020)… BMW i Ventures announced today an investment in Alitheon, an optical AI software creator and deep-tech startup developing generative engineering software aimed at automating the product development process. Alitheon will use the new funding to expand its FeaturePrint™ technology across the defense, aerospace, aviation services, automotive, semiconductor, luxury goods, additive manufacturing, pharmaceutical and ...

Technology

The efficient drivetrain for the purely electric BMW iX3.

18.12.2019Press Release

Archive

The following global release does not contain U.S. specific market information. Entering a new era of electric mobility: The efficient drivetrain for the purely electric BMW iX3. Trailblazer for fifth generation of BMW eDrive technology – Innovations for electric motor and high-voltage battery - Additional range thanks to higher efficiency instead of larger battery.

G08
·
Technology
·
Mobility of the Future
·
Efficient Dynamics
·
Electrification
·
BMW i Automobiles
·
BMW iX3

Android Auto comes to BMW. BMW to offer wireless integration from mid-2020.

11.12.2019Press Release

Archive

The BMW Group is extending the reach of seamless connectivity in its vehicles with the introduction of Android Auto™ starting in mid-2020. Android Auto, the latest digital and user-centric service addition to BMW, will allow customers to connect their Android smartphones wirelessly with their vehicle and, in doing so, enjoy access to useful information like suggested destinations and upcoming appointments just when it is needed.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming

WORLD PREMIERE

Here you can see the on demand broadcast of the World Premiere of the new BMW S 1000 R and BMW G 310 R.

Open Streaming Page

PressClub Information

E-MAIL NOTIFICATION.

edit news settings

Please login and update your e-mail newsletter set up and the fields of interest. You can receive notifications for new articles and video material immediately or as a daily collection.

Related Videos.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Updates
Top-Topic
Submit filter
Clear all

Sun
Mon