Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub USA · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

BMW i Ventures Invests in Next-Gen Blockchain Company Vendia.

31.05.2022Press Release

Mountain View, Calif. (May 31, 2022) - BMW i Ventures announced today an investment in the Series B funding round of Vendia after having invested in their Series A in 2021. Vendia is a leading next-gen blockchain company that is bringing the combination of blockchain and serverless computing to companies in the web3 era. Vendia’s innovative platform provides a secure way for corporations to share vast amounts of data across applications, data stores, ...

Technology

BMW i Ventures Announces Lead Investment in Green Lithium Refining Technology, Mangrove Lithium.

17.05.2022Press Release

Mountain View, Calif. (May 17, 2022) - BMW i Ventures announced today a lead investment in the Series A-1 financing round of Mangrove Lithium, a feedstock-flexible modular platform producing battery-grade lithium hydroxide and carbonate to improve the sustainability profile of lithium. BMW i Ventures is joined by existing investor Breakthrough Energy Ventures.

Technology

BMW Technology Updates for Spring 2022.

17.03.2022Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 17, 2022…With the launch of the all-new, all-electric BMW iX and i4 come exciting, advanced technology features that take the interaction between driver and vehicle further into the digital future. And drivers of BMW Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles in three major California cities will benefit from automatic activation of all-electric driving.

Technology

BMW Investing More Than $200 Million to Add New Press Shop at South Carolina Plant.

02.03.2022Press Release

Spartanburg, S.C. BMW announced today that it will invest more than $200 million to construct a 219,000-square-foot press shop at its South Carolina plant. The investment includes more than 200 new jobs. The announcement was made by BMW Manufacturing President and CEO Dr. Robert Engelhorn at the South Carolina Automotive Summit in Greenville, SC.

Technology
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Car Body, Lightweight Construction

BMW of North America and Electrify America Announce Collaboration Providing Two Years Complimentary 30-minute Charging for BMW EV Customers.

04.02.2022Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – February 4, 2022… BMW of North America and Electrify America today announced an agreement to provide 2022 BMW EV customers with two years of 30-minute complimentary charging sessions at all Electrify America public charging stations, from the date of vehicle purchase. The program will launch with the sale of the new all-electric BMW iX xDrive50, BMW i4 eDrive40 and BMW i4 M50 in March. With no additional cost to the vehicle’s purchase ...

i20
·
G26
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Electrification
·
BMW i4

BMW Group significantly increases use of low-carbon steel at European plants.

01.02.2022Press Release

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – February 1, 2022…The BMW Group continues to reduce CO2 emissions in its supplier network as part of its ambitious ongoing sustainability activities. Steel produced using natural gas or hydrogen and green power, instead of fossil resources like coal, makes a vital contribution to this. The BMW Group has now signed a corresponding agreement with Salzgitter AG for delivery of low-carbon steel. The steel will be used in standard production ...

CO2 emissions
·
low-carbon
·
Steel
·
Hydrogen
·
green power
·
closed-loop material cycle
·
secondary material
·
Startup
·
Environment
·
Finance, Facts, Figures

BMW i Ventures Leads the Seed Financing Round of 3D printing Company, Rapid Liquid Print.

07.12.2021Press Release

Mountain View, Calif. – December 7, 2021… BMW i Ventures today announced a lead investment in the seed financing round of Rapid Liquid Print (RLP), which brings the benefits of 3D printing to elastomers with a revolutionary gel-printing technology that uses industry-standard materials, such as soft rubber, silicone and foams, to produce soft, flexible products without retooling or post-processing. Also participating in the round is MassMutual through the ...

Technology

BMW Group invests in innovative method for efficient and sustainable lithium extraction.

06.10.2021Press Release

Munich. The BMW Group is stepping up its expansion of electromobility and will be releasing about ten million fully-electric vehicles onto the roads over the next ten years or so. By 2030, at least half the BMW Group’s global sales are expected to come from fullyelectric vehicles. This will also increase the need for lithium, an important raw material for production of battery cells.

Environment
·
Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Electrification

BMW of North America Partners with Universal Technical Institute at Fort Bragg to Prepare Service Members for Civilian Careers as BMW Automotive Technicians.

07.09.2021Press Release

Archive

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – September 7, 2021… BMW of North America and Universal Technical Institute are partnering to add a unique program for service members at the U.S. Army’s Fort Bragg, N.C. base. The BMW MSTEP (Military Service Technician Education Program) provides training for new career opportunities for service members transitioning from military service back into civilian life. The BMW MSTEP program was first launched at Marine Corps Base Camp ...

Technology

BMW Group accelerates CO2 reduction and focuses consistently on a circular economy with the Neue Klasse

02.09.2021Press Release

Archive

The BMW Group is increasing the pace of its efforts to combat climate change. Looking ahead to the introduction of the Neue Klasse, the company is further strengthening its self-defined objectives, announced in summer last year, to significantly reduce CO2 emissions, whilst also committing itself to a clear course that supports the 1.5 degree target for the limitation of global warming.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Updates
Top-Topic
Submit filter
Clear all

Sun
Mon
Tue