PressClub Canada · Article.
The new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman ALL4
20.09.2016 Press Release
With a motorsport-inspired turbocharged four-cylinder engine and the newest generation ALL4 all-wheel drive system, the new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman ALL4 brings a new level of high performance to the most practical and versatile MINI model in the lineup.
send an e-mail
Pricing for the new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman ALL4 will be announced closer to the Canadian market introduction in winter 2016/2017.
- First ever combination of the current 2.0-litre engine developed for John Cooper Works models with the new generation of the ALL4 all-wheel drive system; 4-cylinder engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology and 228 hp - 39 hp higher than that of the MINI Cooper S Clubman; new version of the ALL4 system optimized for weight and efficiency with electrohydraulic regulation; 6-speed manual transmission as standard, optional 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission.
- New MINI John Cooper Works Clubman ALL4 with unique performance qualities, fascinating characteristics and powerfully emotional sound development; traction-optimized power transmission to all four wheels; acceleration from zero to 100 km/h in 6.3 seconds (automatic: 6.3 seconds); sports exhaust system, Brembo sports brake system, 18-inch John Cooper Works ALL4 Grip Spoke light alloy wheels and Dynamic Stability Control DSC including Dynamic Traction Control DTC, EDLC (Electronic Differential Lock Control) and Performance Control as standard; Dynamic Damper Control and 19-inch light alloy wheels optionally available.
- Innovative shooting brake concept, unique in the compact segment and interpreted in challenging, sporty style; dynamically elongated silhouette with long roof line; four side doors; sloping rear with hallmark split doors; Air Curtains and Air Breathers as well as other typical John Cooper Works ALL4 design features to optimize aerodynamic properties; front section with especially large side cooling air inlets instead of parking lights and fog lamps; model-specific side sills; wide rear apron with integrated, tapered dual tailpipes of the sports exhaust system; John Cooper Works ALL4 rear spoiler; hexagonal radiator grille with honeycomb pattern and cross member in Chili Red; John Cooper Works ALL4 logo on radiator grille, side scuttles and rear; body finish in Rebel Green, red contrasting finish for roof and mirror caps, sport stripes in red or black as options available exclusively for John Cooper Works ALL4 models.
- Five fully-fledged seats; luggage compartment volume: 360 litres; by folding down the rear backrest, optionally available in a 40 : 20 : 40 split, the luggage volume can be expanded to 1 250 litres; touchless opening of the split doors as standard; storage package and roof rails available as options.
- High-end display and operating concept; instrument panel on the steering column; hallmark central instrument with standard 6.5-inch colour screen and optional 8.8-inch colour screen; toggle switch series including start/stop button for keyless activation and de-activation of the engine; centre console with armrest, MINI Controller, electric parking brake button, storage facilities and two cupholders; optional MINI Head-Up-Display with John Cooper Works ALL4 specific display content.
- Characteristic interior design in sports-car style; John Cooper Works ALL4 sports seats in Dinamica/fabric and Carbon Black with integrated headrests; John Cooper Works ALL4 door sill finishers; roof liner in anthracite; John Cooper Works ALL4 leather steering wheel with multifunction buttons and shift paddles in conjunction with the 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission; gear lever or selector lever and cockpit displays in model-specific design; pedals and driver footrest in stainless steel.
- Weight and crash-optimized body structure; standard safety features include front and side airbags, side curtain airbags, ISOFIX child seat mountings at the rear and optionally also on the front passenger seat, tire pressure display, LED headlamps with LED daytime running light, white turn indicators and LED rear lights as standard; adaptive light distribution and turning light as an option.
- All driver assistance systems offered for the new MINI Clubman also available for the John Cooper Works ALL4 model: rain sensor with automatic driving light activation, Parking Assistant, rear view camera and Driving Assistant including camera-based active cruise control, collision and pedestrian warning with initial brake function, high beam assistant and road sign detection.
- Standard comfort features including air conditioning and Radio MINI Visual Boost with 6.5-inch colour screen, USB socket, AUX-IN socket and Bluetooth hands-free facility; wide-ranging options for additional driving fun and comfort including dual-zone automatic air conditioning, panorama glass roof, seat surfaces in Dinamica/leather, seat heating, MINI Excitement Package including LED ring for the central instrument, ambient lighting with adjustable colours and MINI logo projection from the exterior mirror on the driver’s side when opening and closing the door, heatable and folding exterior mirrors, interior and exterior mirrors with automatic dip function, Harmon Kardon hi-fi speaker system, alarm system, MINI navigation system and Wired equipment package including navigation system Professional, operation via MINI Touch Controller and 8.8-inch colour screen with touch function.
- Additional customisation options for the exterior and interior in the distinctive style of MINI and John Cooper Works ALL4: sport stripes, chrome-plated exterior mirror caps, Chrome Line interior, lighting package, MINI Yours sports leather steering wheel and MINI Yours Interior Styles in three variants.
- Current selection of MINI Connected in-car infotainment functions: MINI Connected App as a personal mobility assistant with wide-ranging functions in the car and on the smartphone: appointment reminder, calculation of travel time based on current traffic data, pedestrian navigation to car park, route guidance, filling station and car park search, last mile navigation to meeting point, online-based services for the use of entertainment offers such as Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Deezer, Audiobooks from Audible, Napster/Rhapsody, TuneIn, Glympse and Life360.