PressClub Canada · Article.
The BMW Group at the Mondial de l'Automobile Paris 2016.
Mon Sep 12 00:00:00 CEST 2016 Press Kit
The Mondial de l’Automobile Paris 2016 (Paris Motor Show) being held from 1 – 16 October 2016 will provide the setting for the show premieres of the new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo and the BMW i3 with a more powerful battery and increased range. BMW Motorrad, meanwhile, is staging the world premiere of the BMW C evolution e scooter, which likewise features a battery with higher capacity and longer range. And BMW is also using the Paris show to present its recently launched personal mobility assistant, BMW Connected.
send an e-mail
- Show premiere: The new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo serves up its blend of luxury-class elegance, sportiness and spaciousness in even more sophisticated form, thanks to new engines offering even more power and yet greater efficiency, a more visually striking exterior and an even more smoothly styled interior
- Show premiere: The latest variant of the BMW i3, with its new 94 Ah battery, boasts a range that has increased by over 50 per cent. On the standard NEDC cycle, it achieves a range of 300 kilometres (186 miles) instead of the previous 190 kilometres (118 miles). Besides this, there are extra equipment options for the BMW i3 as well as new, more powerful BMW i Wallbox charging stations for home garages.
- BMW i is also presenting the BMW i8 Protonic Dark Silver Edition special-edition model.
- World premiere: BMW Motorrad is unveiling its new BMW C evolution e-scooter offering a 60 per cent increase in range, superior performance and a European version that meets the requirements of the A1 driving licence category. The new BMW C evolution benefits from a substantial increase in the battery’s cell capacity (94 Ah, up from 60 Ah) and allows customers to travel up to 160 kilometres (99 miles) in the long-range version. The result is zero-emissions riding combined with excellent practicality in the city and urban areas.
- BMW has been offering BMW Connected since August. This all-encompassing digital concept provides a seamless support tool for personal mobility – thanks to digital products and services that are designed to simplify, above all, the day-to-day planning of driving routes and appointments. With BMW Connected, mobility begins before you climb on board. BMW Connected is a digital mobility assistant that combines functions and services to assist the user.
Article Offline Attachments.
BMW Paris Motor Show 2016 Highlights - EN PDF, EN, 50.46 KB
BMW Paris Motor Show 2016 Summary - EN PDF, EN, 70.69 KB
BMW Paris Motor Show 2016 LongVersion - EN PDF, EN, 186.25 KB