PressClub Canada · Article.
The All-New 2019 BMW R1250GS and 2019 BMW R1250RT.
19.09.2018 Press Kit
For more than 35 years, the flat-twin boxer engine in the BMW Motorrad GS and RT models have stood for powerful and reliable propulsion when it comes to setting off on an extended tour or a long-distance journey. With the extensively further advanced boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology, the new R1250GS and R1250RT achieve a whole new level of performance and efficiency.
send an e-mail
The All-New 2019 BMW R1250GS and R1250RT will be on sale in Canada in October 2018, with MSRPs, respectively, of:
R1250GS - $21,400
R1250RT - $22,050
For more than 25 years, BMW Motorrad has used 4-valve technology, combined with electronic fuel injection and closed-loop catalytic converter technology in order to achieve the best possible power and torque delivery, efficiency and environmental compatibility
The new generation boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam Technology increases power across the entire engine speed range, reduces emission and fuel consumption levels and optimises running smoothness and refinement.
With the extensively updated boxer engine, the new R1250GS and R1250RT not only achieve new level of power and torque, but significantly optimise refinement and running smoothness – especially within the lower engine speed range. What is more, the new engine offers improved emission and fuel consumption levels as well as a particularly robust sound.
For this purpose, BMW ShiftCam Technology has been used for the first time in the serial production of BMW Motorrad engines: this enables variation of the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side. In addition, the intake camshafts are designed for asynchronous opening of the two intake valves, resulting in enhanced swirl of the fresh, incoming mixture and therefore more effective combustion. Other technical changes to the engine relate to the camshaft drive – now taken care of by a toothed chain (previously a roller chain) – an optimised oil supply, twin-jet injection valves and a new exhaust system.
Two riding modes, ASC and Hill Start Control as standard.
There are two riding modes available as standard in order to be able to adapt the motorcycle to individual rider preferences. The standard Automatic Stability Control ASC ensures a high level of riding safety due to the best possible traction. The set-off assistant Hill Start Control is likewise a standard feature in both models, enabling convenient set-off on slopes.
Riding Modes Pro, featuring additional riding modes, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, ABS Pro, Hill Start Control Pro and Dynamic Brake Assistant DBC (new), available as an optional equipment item ex works.
The option "Riding Modes Pro" is now available as an optional equipment item, featuring the additional riding mode "Dynamic", Dynamic Traction Control DTC, and in the R 1250 GS also the riding modes "Dynamic Pro", "Enduro" and "Enduro Pro". DTC enables even more efficient and safe acceleration, especially in banking position. ABS Pro (part of Riding Modes Pro in the R1250GS, a standard feature in the R1250RT) offers even greater safety when braking, even in banking position. The new Dynamic Brake Control DBC provides additional safety when braking, also in difficult situations, by avoiding unintentional accelerator activation. By means of intervention in the engine control, drive torque is reduced during braking so as to make full use of the braking power at the rear wheel. This keeps the motorcycle stable and shortens the braking distance.
Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA "Next Generation" with fully automatic load compensation, now also for the R1250RT.
With the optional equipment item BMW Motorrad Dynamic ESA “Next Generation”, damping automatically adapts to the situation according to riding state and manoeuvres, and there is also automatic compensation in all load states. This allows finely tuned adaptation of the motorcycle to riding states, achieving optimum damping comfort and a very stable ride response – this is now also available for the
LED headlamp for the R1250GS as standard and LED daytime riding light for both models as an ex works optional equipment item.
The new R1250GS now features the LED headlamp as standard. In addition to this, the LED daytime riding light is available as an optional equipment item for both the R1250GS and the R1250RT, which has halogen headlamps.
Connectivity: multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch
full-colour TFT screen and numerous features as standard in the
The new R1250GS now has the equipment feature Connectivity as standard including a 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen. In conjunction with the standard BMW Motorrad Multi-Controller, this means the rider can access vehicle and connectivity functions particularly swiftly and conveniently.
The R1250RT is fitted with a large 5.7-inch TFT colour screen. This is supplemented with an analog speedometer and rev counter.
Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option.
Ensuring the fastest possible assistance in the event of an accident or in situations of emergency and danger can save people’s lives. The optional equipment item Intelligent Emergency Call summons assistance to the scene as quickly as possible. As before, this feature can be ordered for both models.
BMW Motorrad Spezial – high-quality customization features as optional equipment items ex works.
BMW Motorrad Spezial offers a range of iconic customization features that enhance both performance and value, available as optional equipment items ex works. The focus is on harmonious integration in the vehicle as a whole, use of the very highest-quality materials, elaborate manual workmanship and characteristic attention to detail.
The Billets Packs Option 719 Classic and HP are available for the new R1250GS and R1250RT, for example.
The new R1250RT can be additionally enhanced with Option 719 wheels Classic or Sport, an exclusive seat and one of two Spezial paint finishes.
An HP sports silencer is likewise available ex works for the two new boxer models.
New attractive colours and style variants.
The new R1250GS showcases its travel and off-road prowess in two modern basic finishes and two striking style variants. The new R1250RT embodies its exclusive touring character in one basic colour, two style variants and two Option 719 Spezial finishes.
Overview of the highlights of the new 2019 BMW R1250GS and
• Further developed boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam Technology for variation of the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side.
• More power across the entire engine speed range, optimised fuel consumption and emission levels, increased running smoothness and refinement.
• Capacity increased to 1 254 cc (previously: 1 170 cc).
• Asynchronous valve opening on the intake side for optimised swirl and therefore more effective combustion.
• Camshaft drive now via toothed chain (previously roller chain).
• Optimised oil supply and piston base cooling.
• Knock sensor system for optimised travel suitability.
• Latest generation of BMS-O engine control and use of twin-jet injection valves for even more effective carburetion.
• New exhaust system for optimum performance characteristics.
• New additional front spoiler on the R1250RT.
• Two riding modes, ASC and Hill Start Control as standard.
• Riding Modes Pro, featuring additional riding modes, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, ABS Pro (standard in the R1250RT), Hill Start Control Pro and Dynamic Brake Assistant DBC, available as an optional equipment item ex works.
Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” with fully automatic load compensation.
• In addition to standard adjustability of seat height (exception: HP style for the R1250GS), wide range of seat height variants ex works.
• LED headlamp for the R1250GS as standard and LED daytime riding light for both models as optional equipment items ex works.
Connectivity: multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen and numerous features as standard in the
• Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option.
• BMW Motorrad Spezial – customisation features as optional equipment items ex works.
• Extended range of optional equipment items and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
• The new R1250GS: travel and off-road prowess in two modern basic finishes and two striking style variants.
• The new R125 RT: exclusive touring character in one basic colour, two style variants and Option 719 Spezial finishes.
Article Offline Attachments.
The All New 2019 BMW R1250GS and R1250RT. PDF, EN, 1.47 MB
La nouvelle BMW R 1250 GS et R 1250 RT PDF, FR, 1.59 MB