PressClub Canada · Article.
BMW Works driver and hometown hero Bruno Spengler attends the Montreal International Auto Show.
Mon Jan 14 18:00:00 CET 2019 Press Release
From high-performance on the track to highly-connected vehicles on the roads.
send an e-mail
Richmond Hill, ON. BMW Group Canada is delighted to announce that BMW Works driver and DTM Champion 2012 Bruno Spengler will attend the Montreal International Auto Show this year. The Montreal native will cohost the BMW press conference on January 17th, and greet fans and sign autographs on January 18th.
BMW will also showcase the latest in connectivity and driver assistance features at the show. Experience intelligent and intuitive innovations in connectivity, as well as features that provide increased safety, comfort and convenience…and which take us a step closer to vehicle autonomy.
WHAT: With celebrity appearances, Canadian premieres and interactive experiences, there is a lot of opportunity to speak with and experience the BMW Group in Montreal:
Hear Bruno Spengler’s perspective on the 2019 racing season:
- During the BMW press conference, Bruno Spengler will discuss
his racing career, his passion for performance vehicles, 50
years of BMW turbo, and the new DTM vehicles he and the team
will drive in 2019.
- During the BMW press conference, Bruno Spengler will discuss his racing career, his passion for performance vehicles, 50 years of BMW turbo, and the new DTM vehicles he and the team will drive in 2019.
- Four Canadian auto show premieres:
- BMW X7 – The all-new BMW X7 is the largest and most-luxurious X model that BMW has ever built. With three rows of seating, the first ever X7 delivers a new dimension in luxury.
- BMW 8 Series Cabriolet – The 8 Series makes its return after 20 years, and this time, with a convertible option. Blending ultra-sporting driving dynamics with an emotional and elegant design, the 8 Series Cabriolet writes a new chapter in the 8 Series’ story of outstanding performance, beautiful design and state of the art technology.
- BMW 3 Series – The seventh generation of an icon. Over the past 40 years, no single model has embodied the concept of the Ultimate Driving Experience better than the BMW 3 Series Sedan. Tireless engineering and testing have raised this model to an even higher level.
- BMW X5 – Introduced 20 years ago, the 2019 BMW X5 has sold over 2.2 million units worldwide. This fourth generation features a new design language, an elegant new interior and driver assistance features that make life easier.
Technology demonstrations of BMW’s industry-leading innovations:
- BMW Back-up Assistant – This system memorizes your route forward in order to drive you back out with no steering input. To get drivers out of confined situations, it can reverse for distances of up to 50 metres by autonomously driving the same line it took when moving forward.
- BMW Gesture Control – There’s no need to take your eyes from the road with BMW Gesture Control. Perform certain vehicle functions with simple hand gestures, such as pointing at the dashboard to answer a call or waving the call away.
- BMW Operating System iDrive 7.0 – The latest iDrive operating system features a new, fully-customizable display and control concept, offering more options on how the driver interacts with the vehicle, and providing even more personalization.
- Media are invited to participate in technology demonstrations, featuring these technologies and more. Please reach out via the email provided below to coordinate a demonstration.
WHERE: BMW Group Canada exhibit
2019 Montreal International Auto Show
Palais des Congrès de Montréal, Viger Hall, Level 2
201, Viger Street West
WHEN: BMW Group Canada press conference: January 17th, 2:25pm .
Technology demonstrations & vehicle presentation: Up to 4:00pm, January 17th.
For more information, to request a one-on-one technology demonstration, or to book a vehicle presentation, please contact:
BMW Group in Canada
BMW Group Canada, based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BMW AG and is responsible for the distribution of BMW luxury performance automobiles, Sports Activity Vehicles, Motorcycles, and MINI. BMW Group Financial Services Canada is a division of BMW Group Canada and offers retail financing and leasing programs and protection products on new and pre-owned BMW and MINI automobiles, as well as retail financing for new and pre-owned BMW Motorcycles. A total network of 49 BMW automobile retail centres, 21 BMW motorcycle retailers, and 30 MINI retailers represents the BMW Group across the country.