PressClub Canada · Article.
BMW International Open fringe programme.
21.05.2019 Press Release
Tee-Off Night in the English Garden, PRO-AM with stars from sport and entertainment, Players’ Party in P1, and plenty to encourage youngsters.
send an e-mail
- Tournament opening in the English Garden with BMW M Ambassador Lena Gercke and Thomas Bjørn, the victorious 2018 Ryder Cup captain
- Pro-Am tournament with Felix Neureuther, Jan Josef Liefers, Christian Ehrhoff and many more stars from the worlds of sport and entertainment
- Pro-Youth Experience and Kids Day
- “Bavarian Day” with free admission for visitors in traditional dress
- Players’ Party “Almrauschen by BMW Golfsport“ in P1
- Priority parking for SHARE NOW users, directly on the tournament premises
- BMW supporting the “Birdies4Kids” initiative again
Munich. The 2019 BMW International Open is once again offering visitors far more than just world-class golf on the greens and fairways. This year, a particular focus is on promoting young golfers.
- For Pro-Am guests, the tournament experience
begins on the Tuesday evening with the Tee-Off Night at the Seehaus,
at which Thomas Bjørn will be present with the
Ryder Cup trophy and BMW M Ambassador Lena Gercke
will draw the teams.
- The traditional Pro-Am tournament takes place on
the Wednesday. Once again, this will feature a host of stars from
the worlds of sport and entertainment, including Felix
Neureuther, Tommy Haas, Christian
Ehrhoff, Felix Loch and
- In cooperation with the Bavarian Golf Association (BGV), BMW is
inviting the male and female winners of the Bavarian championships
in the U14, U16 and U18 age groups to take part in the BMW
International Open Pro-Youth Experience, during which
they will play in the Pro-Am tournament.
- On the Thursday, there will be a “Bavaria Bonus”:
Anyone dressed in Lederhose or a Dirndl will
receive free admission.
Admission is free on all days for children and
- Also in cooperation with the BGV, there will be a Kids
Day on the Wednesday, in the course of which BMW will
invite school pupils to take a look behind the scenes.
- The Players’ Party, entitled “Almrauschen
by BMW Golfsport” takes place on the Friday evening in
P1. The Players’ Party is open to the public from 22:00.
- There will be a Live-Talk in the public area on
each day of the tournament. Presenter Markus Othmer
will invite fascinating guests onto the stage in front of the big leaderboard.
- BMW is once again supporting the Birdies4Kids charity
tournament (8th June at GC Höslwang in Chiemgau)
this year. Among those taking part will be Jimmy
Kühnhackl, Tobias Arlt, Johannes
Lochner, Sandra Kiriasis, Ricco
Groß and Manni Bender.
- During the week of the tournament, SHARE NOW
customers can drive to the tournament premises with DriveNow or
car2go cars, and can park these in the reserved parking spaces at
no extra cost.
Included in the admission price is a free
shuttle bus service between the Ismaning S-bahn station
and the golf club (Thursday to Sunday) and – weather permitting –
free parking at the tournament site.
- Daily tickets cost 15 Euros (Thursday or Friday), and 30 Euros on
the weekend. A tournament ticket for every day of the tournament is
available for 75 Euros. Order online at www.bmw-golfsport.com/tickets_en
- Tournament organiser BMW would like to thank main partners Emirates, Rolex and the Süddeutsche Zeitung, corporate partners Antenne Bayern, Bowmore, Hilton Hotels, Julius Bär and Konica Minolta, as well as the many suppliers.