PressClub Canada · Article.
BMW connects customers with new My BMW App.
31.03.2021 Press Release
• The new My BMW App represents the next generation of customer connectivity, building on the success of the BMW Connected app. • The app features a new look and feel as well as a more intuitive user interface, building on success of previous BMW Connected app. • Available mid-April 2021 on both iOS and Android devices.
send an e-mail
Richmond Hill, ON . BMW announced today the all-new My BMW App, providing customers with the ultimate in connectivity and digital services for their vehicles. The new app succeeds the BMW Connected app and builds on its seamless feature integration with several new functionalities, improved Amazon Alexa integration, and more. BMW Group Financial Services Canada has also been integrated into the My BMW App, as well. The My BMW App will be available to Canadian customers in mid-April, 2021.
The My BMW App is the new universal interface to a BMW vehicle. It displays information on the status of the vehicle, and depending on the equipment, allows functions to be activated remotely (including locating the vehicle, locking and unlocking the doors, monitoring the vehicle surroundings using the Remote 3D View function), and houses all of a customer’s BMW information and accounts in one place. The My BMW App’s new design increases clarity and ease-of-use, ensuring a seamless user experience.
Some other key features of the new app include:
- Remote Software Upgrade notifications: Customers can receive notifications for Remote Software Upgrades via the My BMW App and can easily download these upgrades at home before transferring and installing them in the vehicle. With Remote Software Upgrades, BMW will offer customers new and improved digital features for BMW iDrive 7 on a regular basis.
- The BMW Digital Key, which turns an iPhone into a vehicle key, offers convenient set-up via the My BMW App in just a few steps for vehicles equipped with the corresponding feature. The BMW can then be used without a physical key and this access can be shared with up to five other people. If desired, the driver can set safety parameters, such as a reduced maximum speed, when sending a key.
- Amazon Alexa Car Integration is now available in BMW models with BMW iDrive 7 (software version 03/21 and later). The voice service also remains available for vehicles with BMW iDrive 5 and 6.
- The Climatization Timer allows pre-conditioning of vehicles with electrified drive systems – by heating the interior in winter and cooling it in summer, for example.
- The filter function for charging station search makes it easy to find suitable charging facilities during a journey by quickly adding or removing various search parameters (preferred, compatibility, fast charge, etc.).
- The Maps tab now offers greater ease of use and enhanced performance, featuring quick filters for charging stations, parking locations, fuel stations and BMW service centres. Further improvements have also been made to route calculation.
The My BMW App is an entirely new app, and its scalable universal architecture will support future requirements, allowing new functions and customer requests to be implemented easily on both iOS and Android systems.
The My BMW App will become available April 12, 2021 to Canadian customers on both iOS and Android compatible mobile devices; the BMW Connected app will be fully replaced by the My BMW App at the end of June 2021.
BMW Group in Canada
BMW Group Canada, based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BMW AG and is responsible for the distribution of BMW luxury performance automobiles, Sports Activity Vehicles, Motorcycles, and MINI. BMW Group Financial Services Canada is a division of BMW Group Canada and offers retail financing and leasing programs and protection products on new and pre-owned BMW and MINI automobiles, as well as retail financing for new and pre-owned BMW Motorcycles. A total network of 51 BMW automobile retail centres, 21 BMW motorcycle retailers, and 31 MINI retailers represents the BMW Group across the country.
For more information, please contact:
Marc Belcourt, Director, Corporate Communications
BMW Group Canada
905-428-5078 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Barb Pitblado, Manager, Corporate Communications
BMW Group Canada
905-428-5005 / email@example.com