PressClub Canada · Article.
MINI Canada connects customers with launch of new MINI app.
31.03.2021 Press Release
• Digital companion for MINI owners, new MINI App offers enhanced digital customer experience with new look and functionality.
send an e-mail
Richmond Hill, ON. MINI Canada announced today the launch of a new MINI App that provides customers a new level of connectivity and digital services for their vehicles. The new MINI App features a new design along with an intuitive, simplified user experience that offers updated features and information, including services for customers with electrified MINIs.
The new generation app supersedes the MINI Connected App, further expanding the seamless integration of features to enhance the digital customer experience. The new MINI App runs on both iOS and Android operating systems and is now available to be downloaded free of charge from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
New MINI App Features and Highlights
- Remote access to vehicles status and functions: The new MINI App is the new universal interface to the vehicle. It displays information about the status of the vehicle and offers access to remote services such as locking and unlocking the doors and locating the car via the “Vehicle Finder” button.
- Amazon Alexa Car Integration: The new MINI App also provides integration with Amazon Alexa in vehicles from model year 2019 onwards with the ConnectedDrive Services (SA 6AK) optional equipment and the Connected Navigation Plus (SA 7GK) package. Once customers have linked their Amazon account to the app, the voice service can be activated with the touch of a button on the steering wheel and prompting “Alexa.” This makes it possible for customers to use voice control to play music, call up messages, control compatible smart home devices and access a wide range of functions via Amazon Alexa.
- Smart services for electrified MINI owners: The new MINI App offers services for the plug-in hybrid MINI Cooper SE Countryman ALL4 and the all-electric MINI Cooper SE, with an improved overview of electric range as well as charging status. Using the app’s Charge & Climate Timer Function, customers can optimize the charging process by defining specific time windows and departure times. In addition, the vehicle’s interior can be pre-conditioned (heating in winter or cooling in summer) to increase comfort.
- Navigation features on the go: Destinations are easy to find using the integrated search function and can be sent directly from the app to the vehicle's navigation system. It is also possible to send destinations from third-party apps. The map shows the current traffic situation, fueling and charging stations, as well as parking facilities.
- The shortest way to MINI service: The new MINI App allows customers to keep an eye on their vehicle's service requirements. Depending on the preferences set, customers may receive notifications to the new MINI App when their vehicle requires service. They can then schedule a service appointment with their MINI dealer through the new MINI App. MINI Roadside Assistance can also be reached via the app in the event support is needed. With authorization, service staff can see the location of the vehicle and its status for immediate over-the-air assistance.
Underpinning the rapid expansion of the new MINI App’s content and its fast-paced rollout is an innovative, scalable and universal software architecture. This has been developed fully in-house by the BMW Group using Flutter, an open-source UI development kit from Google for the Dart programming language.
Its scalable universal architecture will support future requirements, allowing new functions and customer requests to be easily and quickly implemented. This helps to pave the way for constant advances, with rolling updates that allow functionality to be improved and expanded.
The Canadian launch of the new MINI App is part of a global roll-out that began last July, and by mid-2021 the new MINI App will have been launched in more than 40 countries and 23 languages around the world.
BMW Group in Canada
BMW Group Canada, based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BMW AG and is responsible for the distribution of BMW luxury performance automobiles, Sports Activity Vehicles, Motorcycles, and MINI. BMW Group Financial Services Canada is a division of BMW Group Canada and offers retail financing and leasing programs and protection products on new and pre-owned BMW and MINI automobiles, as well as retail
financing for new and pre-owned BMW Motorcycles. A total network of 50 BMW automobile retail centres, 22 BMW motorcycle retailers, and 30 MINI retailers represents the BMW Group across the country.
For more information, please contact:
Marc Belcourt, Director, Corporate Communications
BMW Group Canada
905-428-5078 / email@example.com
Barb Pitblado, Manager, Corporate Communications
BMW Group Canada
905-428-5005 / firstname.lastname@example.org