Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Ireland · Articles · Corporate.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

More performance, CO2-reduced production, significantly lower costs: BMW Group to use innovative round BMW battery cells in NEUE KLASSE from 2025

09.09.2022Press Release

+++ Newly-developed BMW round cells optimised for NEUE KLASSE architecture +++ Costs for whole high-voltage battery up to 50% lower than for current generation +++ CO2-reduced production – through green power and secondary material +++ Development head Weber: “Huge leap in technology for energy density, charging speed and range” +++ Purchasing head Post: “We will be building battery cell factories with our partners, each with an annual capacity of up to 20 ...

CO2 emissions
·
battery cell
·
High-voltage battery
·
Neue Klasse
·
Gigafactory
·
Battery cell factory
·
secondary material
·
green power
·
Lithium
·
cobalt

BMW Group commences in-house production of fuel cells for BMW iX5 Hydrogen in Munich.

01.09.2022Press Release

+++ Hydrogen is an additional option for electric drive systems +++ Fuel cells are manufactured in the company’s competence centre for hydrogen +++ BMW Group leads the way in hydrogen technology in the premium electric vehicle segment +++

Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Alternative Drive Systems, Mobility of the Future
·
Electrification

BMW Group Report 2021

31.03.2022Press Release

Report on the BMW Group’s economic performance and its ecological and social contributions

Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Corporate

BMW Group significantly increases Group earnings and net profit

31.03.2022Press Release

Group EBT: € 16 billion +++ 2021 EBIT margin of 10.3% at high end of guidance range +++ Free cash flow (automotive): € 6,354 million +++ CO2 emissions of EU new vehicle fleet significantly reduced to 115.9 g/km (WLTP) +++ Dividend of € 5.80 per share of common stock proposed +++ Share repurchase authorisation will be proposed to Annual General Meeting +++ Zipse: “Successful transformation due to employee performance” +++

·
Corporate

Renewed success in meeting CO2 targets: BMW Group continues to pursue its consistent path of emission reduction in 2021

09.03.2022Press Release

+++ CO2 fleet emissions of 115,9 g/km (WLTP) in 2021 +++ Major reduction from previous year +++ Driven by further increases in efficiency for conventional drive technologies and strong demand for electrified vehicles +++

Environment
·
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Alternative Drive Systems, Mobility of the Future
·
Electrification

POP! POP! POP! With the edition of THE 8 X JEFF KOONS, the US artist has created his dream car with BMW.

17.02.2022Press Release

In an exclusive edition of only 99 cars, a strictly limited number of the M850i xDrive Gran Coupé were created by Jeff Koons and BMW during several years of close collaboration. With THE 8 X JEFF KOONS, the most elaborately designed vehicle in all of BMW's history will be presented to a global audience for the first time on the occasion of Frieze Los Angeles.

Art Car
·
Cultural Issues

BMW to Debut a New Advertisement during the Super Bowl Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Salma Hayek Pinault and the All-New, Fully Electric BMW iX Sports Activity Vehicle.

09.02.2022Press Release

Conceived by Goodby Silverstein & Partners and directed by Bryan Buckley, the 60-second spot will air during the third commercial break of the first quarter. BMW to launch two All-New, fully electric vehicles in the U.S. next month – the BMW iX Sports Activity Vehicle and the four-door BMW i4 Gran Coupe.

i20
·
G26
·
Sales and Marketing
·
BMW iX
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
BMW i4

BMW first to bring digital art into vehicles. Artist Cao Fei creates Digital Art Mode.

05.01.2022Press Release

On the occasion of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), BMW will present its Digital Art Mode and will be the first to bring digital art into vehicles. Internationally renowned Chinese multimedia artist Cao Fei created the Digital Art Mode in the year of the 50th anniversary of BMW Cultural Engagement. Held in Las Vegas from January 5 8, 2022, CES will be the first event to showcase the Digital Art Mode inside a BMW iX M60.

Corporate
·
Cultural Issues

The BMW Group and Pirelli together with Birdlife International initiate project to contribute to safeguarding Indonesia’s natural ecosystem

04.11.2021Press Release

The project encourages the production of natural rubber to protect biodiversity and local communities in the forest of Hutan Harapan

G05
·
Pirelli
·
ecosystem
·
Indonesia
·
rainforest
·
Birdlife International
·
natural rubber
·
Hutan Harapan
·
biodiversity
·
deforestation-free
·
GPSNR

BMW Group boosts performance with significantly higher earnings

04.11.2021Press Release

Automotive segment reports nine-month free cash flow of € 6.3 billion +++ Segment EBIT margin comes in at 11.3% for nine months +++ BMW brand grows nine-month market share in Europe, Asia and Americas +++ Deliveries of fully electric vehicles up by 121.4% for nine-month period +++ Raised outlook for full year 2021 confirmed +++

·
Corporate
·
Corporate Events

Battery power: BMW makes Coldplay world tour more sustainable

14.10.2021Press Release

+++ BMW & Coldplay unveil mobile show battery power solution for upcoming Music Of The Spheres World Tour +++ More than 40 recyclable BMW i3 batteries to provide the necessary power during the live performances +++ Use of the first BMW car batteries rendered suitable for second-life applications +++ Significant reduction of carbon footprint during world tour thanks to storage technology+++

i20
·
G26
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Electrification
·
BMW i4

BMW celebrates World EV Day as its electromobility strategy kicks into top gear

09.09.2021Press Kit

Archive

• BMW Group reaffirms commitment to electromobility and sustainability to mark this year’s World EV Day • BMW Group to offer among the most electrified models of any manufacturer in Ireland next year • Twenty-five electrified BMW Group models to be offered by 2023 with more than half featuring a fully electric powertrain

i20
·
G26
·
G08
·
Environment
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Society
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
Corporate
·
BMW iX3
·
Automated Driving
·
Sustainability

The BMW Group emphasizes its consistent focus on sustainability at the 2021 IAA Mobility: More stringent CO2 targets go hand in hand with concrete measures and concepts for implementation

06.09.2021Press Release

Archive

The BMW Group is putting circular economy and sustainable urban mobility at the centre of its presence at the 2021 IAA Mobility. At the motor show, the company is consistently demonstrating its sustainability and CO2 targets as well as its concrete measures and concepts to achieve these goals.

i20
·
G26
·
Exhibitions
·
BMW iX
·
BMW i
·
·