PressClub Latin America, Caribbean · Article.
The new BMW M5 and BMW M5 Competition.
17.06.2020 Press Kit
The arrival of the new BMW M5 (fuel consumption combined: 10.6 – 10.5 l/100 km [26.6 – 26.9 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 242 – 239 g/km) and BMW M5 Competition (fuel consumption combined: 10.6 – 10.5 l/100 km [26.6 – 26.9 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 242 – 239 g/km) sees the high-performance sedans from BMW M GmbH returning to the stage in even sharper form.
send an e-mail
- BMW M GmbH has made its BMW M5 (fuel consumption combined: 10.6 – 10.5 l/100 km [26.6 – 26.9 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 242 – 239 g/km) and BMW M5 Competition (fuel consumption combined: 10.6 – 10.5 l/100 km [26.6 – 26.9 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 242 – 239 g/km) high-performance sedans better than ever with some stylistic fine-tuning and a skilfully honed operating concept. The 4.4‑litre V8 engine with BMW M TwinPower Turbo technology generates 441 kW/600 hp in the BMW M5 and 460 kW/625 hp in the BMW M5 Competition. The eight‑speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic comes as standard, as does M xDrive all-wheel drive, which also includes a 2WD setting for pure rear-wheel drive.
- Featuring new shock absorbers from the BMW M8 Gran Coupé and a retuned chassis, the BMW M5 Competition offers even better driveability and handling at the limit, combined with superior comfort levels. The BMW M5 Competition sits seven millimetres lower than the BMW M5 and includes other well-conceived tweaks to the suspension and springs. This setup makes allowance for the car’s extra power and truly comes into its own on the race track.
- The BMW M5 sprints from 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) in only 3.4 seconds and passes 200 km/h (124 mph) with just 11.1 seconds on the clock. The BMW M5 Competition reaches both marks a fraction more quickly: 100 km/h (62 mph) is up in 3.3 seconds, 200 km/h (124 mph) in 10.8 seconds.
- As on the BMW 5 Series range, the updated BMW kidney grille drops down further into the front apron; its chrome surround now has a one-piece design framing both kidney elements, which sport M‑specific double bars and an M badge.
- The restyled front apron has bolder contouring and larger air intakes at the sides, while the large central air intake is hexagonal in shape and incorporates the oil cooler along with the radar sensor for the Active Cruise Control (ACC) system.
- New L‑shaped light tubes searing in narrow streaks towards the kidney grille add a dynamic flourish to the newly designed LED headlights. The new option of BMW Individual lights Shadowline adds a dark-tinted accent to the Adaptive LED Headlights and BMW Laserlight.
- The LED rear lights now have a three-dimensional feel to them and provide a fresh take on the familiar BMW L shape with their precise light graphic.
- The larger central display with a diagonal of 12.3 inches makes it easier than ever to keep a clear eye on the myriad functions of the driving dynamics systems and BMW M xDrive.
- The new two-button operating concept in the centre console originates from the BMW M8. The M Mode button lets the driver toggle swiftly between the ROAD and SPORT settings. The Setup button takes them straight to the central display’s menu, where they can select an individual configuration for the powertrain and chassis options. The BMW M5 Competition also offers TRACK mode, for an undiluted M feeling on race circuits.
- The Brands Hatch Grey and Motegi Red metallic colours are both new, as are the BMW Individual finishes Tanzanite Blue II metallic, Aventurine Red II metallic and matt Frozen Bluestone metallic. Champagne Quartz metallic has been renamed Alvit Grey metallic.
- The 20-inch M double-spoke wheels in polished Orbit Grey familiar from the BMW M8 are now available as an option.
- The standard M Compound brakes can now be specified with callipers painted in High-gloss Black or High-gloss Red as an alternative to the existing blue finish.
- Prices in Germany will start at €120,900 for the BMW M5 and €129,900 for the BMW M5 Competition.
Article Offline Attachments.
The_new_BMW_M5_Highlights.pdf PDF, EN, 1.71 MB
The_new_BMW_M5_Short_Version.pdf PDF, EN, 115.18 KB
The_new_BMW_M5_Long_Version.pdf PDF, EN, 163.77 KB
The_new_BMW_M5_Specifications.pdf PDF, EN, 203.96 KB