Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Latin America, Caribbean · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

More performance, CO2-reduced production, significantly lower costs: BMW Group to use innovative round BMW battery cells in NEUE KLASSE from 2025

09.09.2022Press Release

+++ Newly-developed BMW round cells optimised for NEUE KLASSE architecture +++ Costs for whole high-voltage battery up to 50% lower than for current generation +++ CO2-reduced production – through green power and secondary material +++

Environment
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Society
·
Sustainability
·
Alternative Drive Systems, Mobility of the Future
·
Electrification

BMW Group commences in-house production of fuel cells for BMW iX5 Hydrogen in Munich.

01.09.2022Press Release

Hydrogen is an additional option for electric drive systems +++ Fuel cells are manufactured in the company’s competence centre for hydrogen +++ BMW Group leads the way in hydrogen technology in the premium electric vehicle segment

Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Sustainability
·
·
Electrification

BMW Group inaugura Planta BMW Brilliance en Lydia: esta planta automotriz, potenciada por la digitalización, establece nuevos estándares para la producción de vehículos orientados al futuro.

06.07.2022Press Kit

• La capacidad de producción anual en las Plantas de Shenyang de BMW incrementa a 830,000 vehículos. • Implementación de la estrategia de BMW iFACTORY. ÁGIL. VERDE. DIGITAL. • “Metaverso Industrial”: la primera planta de BMW Group totalmente planeada y simulada en el mundo virtual desde el inicio. • Dirigida hacia la movilidad eléctrica, la Planta ubicada en Lydia produce el totalmente nuevo BMW i3.

Technology
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Production, Recycling
·
Industry 4.0

Electrifying luxury: Production launch of the new BMW 7 Series in Dingolfing

01.07.2022Press Release

+++ Fully electric BMW i7* and highly efficient combustion-powered variants launch simultaneously +++ Over €300 million invested in Lower Bavarian site +++ One in four BMWs from Dingolfing already electrified +++ Consistent implementation of BMW iFACTORY +++ Piloting automated driving in production environment +++

G70
·
BMW i
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
BMW i7
·
Sustainability
·
7 Series
·
Production, Recycling

The electric pioneer on the home stretch: Production of the BMW i3 comes to a close with an anniversary and the exclusive HomeRun Edition.

30.06.2022Press Release

+++ 250,000 units of the brand's first fully electric large-series production model have been manufactured to date +++ BMW i3 as a pioneer for locally emission-free driving pleasure and holistic sustainability +++ Seamless transition: BMW Group Plant Leipzig uses expertise of its workforce for expanding the production of e-drive components +++ From 2023, the first location in the world where both BMW and MINI models will be built +++

I01
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
BMW i3
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Production, Recycling
·
Electrification

The BMW Group at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022.

05.01.2022Press Kit

+++ World premiere of the BMW iX M60 +++ BMW iX Flow featuring E Ink: Magical exterior colour change +++ Preview of in-car entertainment of the future +++ New My Modes: BMW first to bring Digital Art into vehicles +++ Digital design vision DIMENSIONS OF REAL +++

i20
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
Las Vegas
·
Infotainment, Control Concepts
·
·
America

BMW Group signs direct agreement with chip suppliers to secure supplies

09.12.2021Press Release

+++ Trilateral agreement with high-tech microchip manufacturer INOVA Semiconductors and feature-rich semiconductor foundry GlobalFoundries +++ Will secure several million semiconductors per year +++ First deliveries for BMW iX +++ Wendt: “Securing our semiconductor supply for the long term” +++

i20
·
BMW iX
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Production, Recycling

BMW iX achieves highest possible five-star rating in Euro NCAP safety assessment.

08.12.2021Press Release

+++New technology flagship from the BMW Group impresses with outstanding occupant protection for adults and children. +++ New interactive airbag between driver and front passenger seats reduces the risk of injury in the event of a side collision. +++ Advanced driver assistance systems help to prevent collisions with pedestrians and cyclists+++

i20
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Safety

Delivered as promised: BMW Group hands over one-millionth electrified vehicle and achieves next milestone in transformation

08.12.2021Press Release

Pieter Nota: “Already have next target in our sights: We aim for two million electrified vehicles on the roads in just two years” +++ Plans to double BEV sales in 2022 +++ Around two million fully-electric vehicles delivered to customers by 2025 +++ BMW and MINI Charging provide access to more than 250,000 charging points in Europe +++

i20
·
Sales and Marketing
·
BMW iX
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Sales Worldwide
·
Corporate
·
Electrification

Starting signal for the CO2-free mobility of the future: Visitors can experience BMW iX5 Hydrogen in action for the first time at IAA Mobility 2021.

19.08.2021Press Release

Archive

+++ Hydrogen fuel cell drive train delivers sustainable driving pleasure as new element of BMW i brand. +++ Worldwide-unique combination of high-performance fuel cell and optimised power battery underlines BMW Group's leading drive system expertise. +++ Small series for demonstration and testing purposes to be launched in 2022. +++

G05
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
·
X5
·
Electrification

Stimulating ideas for urban mobility: BMW Group Research unveils innovative concepts for cargo bike and e-scooter.

27.07.2021Press Release

Archive

+++ Innovative design concepts for city-centre travel +++ Electrified bicycle Concept DYNAMIC CARGO promises high variability, everyday usability and sheer cycling pleasure +++ e-scooter Concept CLEVER COMMUTE with remarkably compact de-sign thanks to folding mechanism +++

Technology
·
·
Electrification

BMW Group creates closed-loop material cycle for tungsten production tools to protect valuable resources

24.06.2021Press Release

Archive

+++ Recycling tools at plants in Germany and Austria saves seven tonnes of tungsten per year +++ Lowers energy consumption by 70% and CO2 emissions by more than 60% compared to primary tungsten +++ Wendt: “We will significantly increase the percentage of recycled raw materials by 2030 and use raw materials multiple times in a circular economy” +++

Environment
·
Technology
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Production, Recycling
·
Corporate Media

Sustainable tyres for BMW X5 Plug-in Hybrid: BMW Group becomes first automotive manufacturer to use new Pirelli tyres containing FSC-certified natural rubber and rayon

03.06.2021Press Release

Archive

+++ 22-inch tyres using certified sustainable natural rubber and rayon, a wood-based material used to strengthen the tyres +++ Plantations certified to standards of independent Forest Stewardship Council TM (FSC TM) organisation +++ Wendt: “We are helping preserve biodiversity and forests to counteract climate change” +++

Environment
·
Technology
·
Society
·
Corporate
·
BMW Driving Experience
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Sustainability
·
·
Electrification

BMW M GmbH and Hans Zimmer co-develop the emotionally engaging driving sound for electrified BMW M models.

11.05.2021Press Release

Archive

Ongoing expansion of the range of sounds for electric vehicles. BMW IconicSounds Electric enriches electric mobility with a fascinating and unmistakable sonic experience. Collaboration with the Academy Award winner produces a new, characteristic driving sound for the BMW i4, the M version of the BMW i4 and the BMW iX.

i20
·
G26
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Acoustics, Aerodynamics
·
BMW i4

BMW Group and NVIDIA take virtual factory planning to the next level

14.04.2021Press Release

Archive

The two industry leaders are revolutionising virtual planning and engineering for highly complex manufacturing systems +++ Omniverse platform allows different applications to connect, with unrestricted compatibility +++ Greatly enhancing the speed, precision and efficiency of the planning process

Technology
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Logistics
·
Production, Recycling
·