Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Latin America, Caribbean · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

Starting signal for the CO2-free mobility of the future: Visitors can experience BMW iX5 Hydrogen in action for the first time at IAA Mobility 2021.

19.08.2021Press Release

+++ Hydrogen fuel cell drive train delivers sustainable driving pleasure as new element of BMW i brand. +++ Worldwide-unique combination of high-performance fuel cell and optimised power battery underlines BMW Group's leading drive system expertise. +++ Small series for demonstration and testing purposes to be launched in 2022. +++

G05
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Alternative Drive Systems, Mobility of the Future
·
X5
·
Electrification

Stimulating ideas for urban mobility: BMW Group Research unveils innovative concepts for cargo bike and e-scooter.

27.07.2021Press Release

+++ Innovative design concepts for city-centre travel +++ Electrified bicycle Concept DYNAMIC CARGO promises high variability, everyday usability and sheer cycling pleasure +++ e-scooter Concept CLEVER COMMUTE with remarkably compact de-sign thanks to folding mechanism +++

Technology
·
·
Electrification

BMW Group creates closed-loop material cycle for tungsten production tools to protect valuable resources

24.06.2021Press Release

+++ Recycling tools at plants in Germany and Austria saves seven tonnes of tungsten per year +++ Lowers energy consumption by 70% and CO2 emissions by more than 60% compared to primary tungsten +++ Wendt: “We will significantly increase the percentage of recycled raw materials by 2030 and use raw materials multiple times in a circular economy” +++

Environment
·
Technology
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Production, Recycling
·
Corporate Media

Sustainable tyres for BMW X5 Plug-in Hybrid: BMW Group becomes first automotive manufacturer to use new Pirelli tyres containing FSC-certified natural rubber and rayon

03.06.2021Press Release

+++ 22-inch tyres using certified sustainable natural rubber and rayon, a wood-based material used to strengthen the tyres +++ Plantations certified to standards of independent Forest Stewardship Council TM (FSC TM) organisation +++ Wendt: “We are helping preserve biodiversity and forests to counteract climate change” +++

Environment
·
Technology
·
Society
·
Corporate
·
BMW Driving Experience
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Sustainability
·
·
Electrification

BMW M GmbH and Hans Zimmer co-develop the emotionally engaging driving sound for electrified BMW M models.

11.05.2021Press Release

Ongoing expansion of the range of sounds for electric vehicles. BMW IconicSounds Electric enriches electric mobility with a fascinating and unmistakable sonic experience. Collaboration with the Academy Award winner produces a new, characteristic driving sound for the BMW i4, the M version of the BMW i4 and the BMW iX.

i20
·
G26
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Acoustics, Aerodynamics
·
BMW i4

BMW Group and NVIDIA take virtual factory planning to the next level

14.04.2021Press Release

The two industry leaders are revolutionising virtual planning and engineering for highly complex manufacturing systems +++ Omniverse platform allows different applications to connect, with unrestricted compatibility +++ Greatly enhancing the speed, precision and efficiency of the planning process

Technology
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Logistics
·
Production, Recycling
·
Industry 4.0
·
Smart Logistics

“Automated driving can only serve one purpose: to make driving safer and more comfortable.”

08.04.2021Press Release

Dr. Nicolai Martin is in charge of a stimulating and highly complex area of innovation at the BMW Group, namely Automated Driving Development. It is his job to deal with questions such as: what degree of automation is useful? What does the future of automation really hold for the customer? Eight questions for Dr. Nicolai Martin, Senior Vice President Automated Driving Development BMW Group.

Technology
·
Automated Driving
·
Driver Assistance Systems

BMW Group steps up sustainable sourcing of lithium in Argentina for battery cell production to ensure rapid e-mobility expansion

30.03.2021Press Release

• Multi-year contract worth around 285 million euros with US company Livent • Responsible extraction of lithium in Argentina • Participating in study of sustainable lithium extraction in South America • Wendt: "Making ourselves technologically, geographically and geopolitically less dependent on individual suppliers"

Environment
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
Society
·
Sustainability
·
Production, Recycling
·
Electrification

World Premiere of the all-new BMW iDrive

13.03.2021Press Release

Here you can watch the livestream of the World Premiere of the all-new BMW iDrive +++ www.live.bmwgroup.com/en +++

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
Infotainment, Control Concepts
·

BMW Group invests in innovative method for CO2-free steel production

12.03.2021Press Release

+++ New method from Boston Metal to be industrialised in mid-decade +++ BMW Group continuously reducing CO2 emissions in its steel supplier network +++ Focus on secondary material and closed-loop material cycles at BMW Group press plants +++ Wendt: “Around two million tonnes less CO2 across our steel supplier network by 2030” +++

Sales and Marketing
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Car Body, Lightweight Construction