Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Middle East · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

BMW i8: 2,1 l/100 km combined, 49 g/km CO2 emission combined (Calculated in the EU test cycle, in combination with standard tyres)

Media Set  

Drive system for the BMW i8 wins International Engine of the Year Award for the fourth time.

Thu Jun 07 09:00:00 CEST 2018Press Release

The plug-in hybrid drive system in the BMW i8 (BMW i8 Roadster: fuel consumption combined 2.0 l/100 km [141.2 mpg imp], electric power consumption combined 14.5 kWh/100 km, CO2 emissions combined 46 g/km; BMW i8 Coupe: fuel consumption combined 1.8 l/100 km [156.9 mpg imp], electric power consumption combined 14.0 kWh/100 km, CO2 emissions combined 42 g/km) has won its category in the world’s leading engine competition for the fourth year in succession.

I12 LCI
·
I15
·
Technology
·
Efficient Dynamics
·
Engines, Drivetrain
·
BMW i Automobiles
·
BMW i8 Coupé
·
BMW i8 Roadster

Fuel consumption combined: 11.6 – 6.0 l/100 km; CO2-emissions combined: 264 – 158 g/km; provisional fuel consumption and emissions figures

Media Set  

The all-new BMW X5: The Prestige SAV with the most innovative technologies.

Wed Jun 06 14:50:28 CEST 2018Press Kit

The fourth generation of the BMW X5 (fuel consumption combined: 11.6 – 6.0 l/100 km [24.4 – 47.1 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 264 – 158 g/km; provisional values*) impresses with its wealth of innovations and represents the most compelling embodiment yet of the familiar Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) blueprint: the ability to venture off road combined with a talent for dynamic driving pleasure on it.

G05
·
X5
·
Technology
·
Chassis, Suspension
·
Infotainment, Control Concepts
·
Driver Assistance Systems
·
BMW ConnectedDrive

BMW Group R&D Center opens in Beijing. Comprehensive R&D Network enhances localized Innovation

Fri May 18 12:30:58 CEST 2018Press Release

On May 15th 2018, the BMW China R&D Center officially opened in Beijing’s Shunyi District. As a part of BMW Group Strategy NUMBER ONE > NEXT, the center is a significant step in expanding local innovation, and taking the Group’s “In China, for China and the world” localization strategy one step further.

Technology
·
Autonomous Driving

BMW Group becomes the first international auto maker to obtain an autonomous driving road test license in China. Important step on BMW Group´s path to Autonomous Driving.

Wed May 16 14:12:00 CEST 2018Press Release

On May 14th 2018, BMW Group officially obtained the Shanghai Intelligent Connected Autonomous Driving Test License, issued by the Intelligent Connected Vehicle Road Test Promotion Team - consisting of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Economy and Informatization, Shanghai Municipal Public Security Bureau and Shanghai Municipal Transportation Commission.

Technology
·
Autonomous Driving

BMW Group Digital Day 2018.

Fri Apr 20 13:55:24 CEST 2018Press Kit

The BMW Group is forging ahead with digitalisation across all areas. Thanks to its capacity for innovation, not only does it develop cars and motorcycles for the premium segment that stir the emotions, it also devises customer-centric services that optimise the mobility experience. As part of the Digital Day 2018 event, the BMW Group is offering an insight into current product developments, technological concepts, innovations and manufacturing processes.

Corporate Events
·
Technology
·
Corporate

New centre of excellence for autonomous driving. BMW officially opens its autonomous driving campus in Unterschleißheim near Munich.

Wed Apr 11 16:51:26 CEST 2018Press Release

The BMW Group today celebrated the official opening of its autonomous driving campus in Unterschleißheim. Klaus Fröhlich, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG responsible for Development and Research, and Bavarian state premier Markus Söder were present for the inauguration of a forward-looking development facility that showcases the BMW Group’s transformation into a tech company.

Technology
·
Autonomous Driving
·
Corporate
·
Corporate Events

BMW at the 15th Auto China Beijing 2018.

Wed Apr 11 16:43:13 CEST 2018Press Kit

The latest new models, pioneering concept vehicles and innovative technological developments are the headline-makers as BMW takes to the stage at the Auto China 2018 show in Beijing.

G01
·
G02
·
F39
·
G07
·
G15
·
X3
·
X4
·
X2
·
Design issues, Concepts and Studies
·
X7
·
Coupé
·
8 Series
·
Autonomous Driving
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
Asia

BMW Group and Daimler AG agree to combine mobility services

Thu Mar 29 11:07:54 CEST 2018Press Release

Automotive pioneers and innovation leaders to shape sustainable urban mobility of the future +++ Strong alliance to create unique customer offering: seamless, multimodal, fast and readily available +++ Ecosystem for on-demand mobility: single source for CarSharing, Ride-Hailing, Parking, Charging and Multimodality +++ Sustainable solutions for challenges of urban mobility and better quality of life in big cities +++

Corporate
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
Alternative Drive Systems, Mobility of the Future

The BMW Group at the Mobile World Congress 2018.

Tue Feb 27 14:28:12 CET 2018Press Release

The focus on the customer and their requirements underpins the BMW Group’s presentation of the next steps on the road to digital and intelligent connectivity between the driver and vehicle at this year’s Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, taking place from 26 February – 1 March.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
·
Europe
·
Auto Shows

BMW i3 (94 Ah): electricity consumption combined 13.6-13.1 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions 0 g/km.

Media Set  

DriveNow becomes wholly-owned subsidiary of BMW Group

Tue Jan 30 19:50:00 CET 2018Press Release

BMW Group firmly focused on future mobility +++ Sixt will remain key partner for BMW Group +++ DriveNow: over one million customers in 13 European cities

Corporate
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·

14.3 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 0 g/km

Media Set  

New BMW i3s traction control system for all future BMW and MINI models.

Wed Jan 03 08:00:00 CET 2018Press Release

50-times faster responses for greater traction and driving stability in adverse road conditions and while brake energy recuperation.

I01
·
I01s
·
BMW i3
·
BMW i Automobiles
·
BMW i3s
·
BMW i Beyond Automobiles
·
BMW i Incubator for Innovations
·
Technology
·
Engines, Drivetrain
·

BMW Group announces construction of new proving ground in the Czech Republic

Fri Dec 15 11:00:00 CET 2017Press Release

Company’s first development location in Eastern Europe +++ Testing of ground-breaking technologies, such as electrification, digitalisation and automated driving +++ Investment in three-digit-million € range +++ Several hundred new jobs +++ Commissioning of 500-hectare area planned for early next decade +++

Corporate
·
Plants, Facilities
·
Technology
·

Innovative urban mobility concepts for the future. Elevated road concept "BMW Vision E³ Way" raises emission-free two-wheeler mobility in megacities to a new level.

Wed Nov 22 13:00:00 CET 2017Press Release

As a provider of premium mobility products and services, the BMW Group is constantly in search of answers to the question: what will move us (forward) in the future? As part of the stratgey NUMBER ONE > NEXT and in view of the challenges to come, BMW Group developers are working on visionary mobility solutions that go well beyond established conventions.

Technology
·
·
Scooter
·
Design
·
Electrification

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to Join BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye in Developing Autonomous Driving Platform

Wed Aug 16 11:28:17 CEST 2017Press Release

BMW Group, Intel Corporation, Mobileye, an Intel company, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) signed a memorandum of understanding for FCA to join them in developing a world leading, state-of-the-art autonomous driving platform +++ The cooperation allows the companies to leverage each other’s individual strengths, capabilities and resources +++ The platform will be scalable for Level 3 to Level 4/5 automated driving

Corporate
·
Technology
·
·

BMW Connected adds new, digital services.

Thu Jul 13 14:00:00 CEST 2017Press Release

Archive

Munich/Chicago. At the start of 2017, BMW used its recently launched 5 Series and BMW Connected Onboard – which made its debut in the new model – to showcase the potential unlocked by digital services in the area of personalisation. This is an important connectivity goal for the BMW Group. Building on this, the company is introducing a new era of highly personalised services at the Innovation Days 2017 event in the form of BMW Connected+.

Technology
·
BMW ConnectedDrive
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming.

STREAMING PORTAL.

Watch the web casts of latest BMW Group press events.

open streaming site

PressClub Information.

Important update.

Learn more

BMW AG is updating the Privacy Policy and Legal Notices of the website. This enables greater transparency regarding what data the PressClub collects from you, how this data is used and what options you have to control your personal data. Updates will take effect on May 25, 2018.

CO2 emission information.

The fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and operating range figures were determined according to the prescribed test procedure in the version applicable at the time of type approval (Regulation No 715/2007). The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany and considers the different sizes of the selected wheels/tyres.

Further information on official fuel consumption figures, specific CO2 emission values and the electric power consumption of new passenger cars is included in the following guideline: “Leitfaden über Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen” (Guideline for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electric power consumption of new passenger cars), which can be obtained from all dealerships, from Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH (DAT), Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern-Scharnhausen and at http://www.dat.de.

Latest Facts & Figures.

Specifications of the MINI Clubman, valid from January 2017.
Tue Jan 31 01:14:00 CET 2017
Technical Data, Specifications
Specifications of the MINI John Cooper Works Clubman, valid from January 2017.
Tue Jan 31 01:13:00 CET 2017
Technical Data, Specifications
Show all

Related Video Content.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Updates
Top-Topic
Submit filter