PressClub Canada · Article.
BMW Group Canada presents performance models for today and the future at the Canadian International Auto Show.
06.02.2020 Press Release
BMW Group designer unveils the BMW Vision M NEXT, and MINI presents the limited edition MINI John Cooper Works GP.
send an e-mail
Richmond Hill, ON. At the Canadian International Auto Show, BMW Group Canada will reinforce how it is shaping the future of the premium mobility landscape by debuting two performance vehicles, one hybrid-electric glimpse into the future of sporty driving, and another limited edition, ultra-performance model.
Jose Casas, Senior Exterior Designer, BMW M and BMW i, will present the BMW Vision M NEXT, a vehicle offering a foretaste of the BMW M brand’s electrified future, and which places the focus squarely on the actively engaged driver. MINI Canada will present the MINI John Cooper Works GP, the fastest model of the British brand that has ever been approved for road use.
BMW Group Canada’s presence at the Canadian International Auto Show will bring performance and electrification together, illustrating how the German automaker’s product portfolio is ready to meet the needs of Canadians now and in the future.
Jose Casas, Senior Exterior Designer, BMW M, BMW i.
- With over 17 years of design experience, Mr. Casas is the primary exterior designer of the BMW Vision M NEXT. This stunning new concept includes elements taken from his favourite BMW of all time, the original BMW M1.
BMW Vision M NEXT:
- In future, drivers will be able to choose whether they wish to be driven or do the driving themselves. With the BMW Vision M NEXT, the BMW Group is revealing its take on how driving pleasure might look in future for those who enjoy taking the wheel themselves. It offers a foretaste of the BMW M brand’s electrified future by placing the focus squarely on the actively engaged driver. Intelligent technologies on board provide comprehensive yet carefully targeted assistance to turn them into the ultimate driver.
MINI John Cooper Works GP:
- MINI Canada is pleased to introduce the new MINI John Cooper Works GP, a new, limited-edition, ultra-performance member of the MINI lineup that sets new benchmarks for performance in the premium small car segment and holds the distinction of being the fastest model of the British brand that has ever been approved for road use. A 301 horsepower 4-cylinder turbocharged engine accelerates the two-seater MINI JCW GP – based on the MINI 3 door – from zero to 100 km/h in just 5.2 seconds. Production for this highly-anticipated model is limited to 3,000 units.
- BMW Group Canada will also be demonstrating its industry-leading autonomous driving and connectivity features at the Canadian International Auto Show. Experience the most advanced driving technology while discovering intelligent and intuitive innovations that offer more safety, comfort and convenience, while bringing us closer to autonomous mobility.
BMW Group Canada press conference:
- Thursday, February 13th, 11:52am
Interviews with Jose Casas:
- Thursday, February 13th between 8:30am and 4:00pm
- Friday, February 14th between 9:30 and 11:00am
Product introductions with BMW and MINI product planning experts:
- Thursday, February 13th between 9:00am to 4:00pm
2020 Canadian International Auto Show
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Boulevard
Interviews and individual product walk-arounds are available for booking. Please contact BMW at the email addresses provided below.
BMW Group in Canada
BMW Group Canada, based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BMW AG and is responsible for the distribution of BMW luxury performance automobiles, Sports Activity Vehicles, Motorcycles, and MINI. BMW Group Financial Services Canada is a division of BMW Group Canada and offers retail financing and leasing programs and protection products on new and pre-owned BMW and MINI automobiles, as well as retail financing for new and pre-owned BMW Motorcycles. A total network of 51 BMW automobile retail centres, 22 BMW motorcycle retailers, and 31 MINI retailers represents the BMW Group across the country.
For more information, please contact:
Barb Pitblado, Manager, Corporate Commuunications
BMW Group Canada
905-428-5005 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cassady Halliwell-Louks, Corporate Communications Coordinator
BMW Group Canada
905-428-5378 / email@example.com
Article Offline Attachments.
BMW Group Canada presents performance models for today and the future at the Canadian International Auto Show. PDF, EN, 170.27 KB